The Ashes 2013

Broad isn't a cheat

If there wasn't a referral system or if there were referrals left, he may have walked.

The Aussies have to use the referral system correctly.

Clarke seems to use if as soon as he can.

Broad isn't a cheat

If there wasn't a referral system or if there were referrals left, he may have walked.

The Aussies have to use the referral system correctly.

Clarke seems to use if as soon as he can.

agree, it's meant to be there for the 'howler' decisions .. Australia seems to use it a lot for half chances because we have to ... In the days of Warne, McGrath and co (not that the DRS was around then) the skipper of the day wouldn't bother going upstairs for a lot of those marginal ones because he'd know those bowlers would create many many more chances throughout the day ... but this Australian team can't afford that because the current attack doesn't create nearly as many wicket taking opportunities as the old boys did ..

Finally got rid of Bell! If we take the last two cheaply we are still some small chance of victory if our top order can finally stand up.

Perfect situation for Watson to make a ton and put that 50's penchant behind and show he can make it count with the red ball...

look at the way their bowlers just home in on good areas right from the word go ....

I just hope Andersen keeps straying just a little bit and Watson punishes him so that Cook gets forced to take him off earlier than he would otherwise. The more of Finn we have to face the better!

I just hope Andersen keeps straying just a little bit and Watson punishes him so that Cook gets forced to take him off earlier than he would otherwise. The more of Finn we have to face the better!

swann is going to be a handful on this pitch

He will be we just need to get them backpedalling with the runs column ticking over so that Cook can't over-crowd our batsmen.

They have already removed a slip which is good, we just need to keep Cook panicking.

300.helms.ed.office.lc.020310.jpg
Graeme-Swann-Duncan-Fletcher-would-have-a-tough-job-at-hand-in-England-65469.jpg

Knock off half this total by the time Clarke comes in (and dodges any miracle balls) and I give us a chance.

Cowan plodding around isn't a guy you want in a situation like this, I expect him to get out quickly anyway.

We need these to get us half the total IMO, especially as they both look pretty comfortable out there now and the ball is doing **** all they should really press on here and get us into a position where we are a really good chance.

Aleem Dar just keeps finding a way to **** us ... can't get his finger up fast enough when our blokes get hit on the pads but won't budge for any of our appeals ... even when they edge them to slip

Last edited:
I've never seen such a talented player refuse to stand up as often as Watson.

Active Now

• Strop
  • Jedhead
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Dash
  • Gaz
  • BooKhaki
  • Hurrijo
  • Wolfie
  • broncsgoat
  • FACTHUNT
  • GCBRONCO
  • Alec
  • Brocko
  • Galah
  • Manofoneway
  • TimWhatley
  • MrTickyMcG
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.