The Ashes 2013

That was soooooo similar to Warne's dismissal on 96 off Vettori. :(

Could we have just witnessed the birth of an Aussie all rounder. Temperament looks great

Unlucky.
I hope he remembers the fact he got 98 on debut at 11, and not just get down at missing the century.

the kid doesn't appear to have a negative bone in his body ... shrugs the shoulders and off he goes

Don't feel sorry for him. He is a better bat than 11, this was no fluke, he will get another chance in his career

That was one of the best days Test cricket i've ever watched.

So happy for Agar to get the chance to show his wares to the cricketing world as he looks like a really special kid.

Let's hope he can get a few wickets to go with his 98 and make it a truly memorable debut :thumbup1:

The last 3 pages of this thread have been great reading this morning! The change in tone is awesome!

Ashton Agar, what a star. Not just for his innings, which was just beautiful, but his composure throughout it. His class when he was dismissed - there was no "ermegherd I missed my hundred" sulking, just a shrug of the shoulders, big smile and wave to the crowd. What a champion kid.

His press conference was class too. Hard to believe he's only 19. He's got a great head on his shoulders.

Frankly, I'd swap Cowan for Agar at number 3, bring Lyon in at 11 :P

It was just nice to watch Australia finally be on the right end of a freakish turnaround ... we haven't had much to cheer about in that regard recently (still get nightmares about sitting up and seeing us get bowled out for 47 in Cape Town) ... Game is beautifully poised at the moment .. still favour the Poms to win no matter what they set us to chase because I just feel with our top order we're an automatic '4 for 60' at the moment...

Last edited:
How much more comfortable has Hughes looked this time around in England! Looks like he has really ironed out the technical flaws and I also think not opening or coming in at 3 helps as well.
Will be batting 3 by the end of the series

It was just nice to watch Australia finally be on the right end of a freakish turnaround ... we haven't had much to cheer about in that regard recently (still get nightmares about sitting up and seeing us get bowled out for 47 in Cape Town) ... Game is beautifully poised at the moment .. still favour the Poms to win no matter what they set us to chase because I just feel with our top order we're an automatic '4 for 60' at the moment...
Let's just hope that last wicket partnership is the catalyst for a confidence turnaround. I would love nothing better than rub it in to my Pommie neighbor :001_tt2:

Loved Agars dads response to the question "Are you disappointed he got out for 98". You can see where he gets it from, very humble family

Loved Agars dads response to the question "Are you disappointed he got out for 98". You can see where he gets it from, very humble family

Absolutely. And just loved his brothers' stories about front yard cricket. Such a down to earth family!

Hopefully the media hype doesn't put too much pressure on Ashton to replicate what he did. Surely nobody expects him to do that every time he goes out there to bat, but I'm just loving what I'm seeing from him at the moment.

Australian cricket obviously sees something special in him as well or he would not be there at 19.
Boof will unleash this team and let them have a free rein while on the field. Look forward to some exciting but dangerous cricket as his control becomes greater.
i am hoping Khawaja will come through for us under Boof as well

Active Now

• Financeguy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.