The BHQ Honesty session

Hahahaha first off you've picked 3 players, 2 of which are over 30. You do realise that Pacific Islanders make up around 50% (?) of the nrl these days? And you've picked 3 very very poor examples. Jack bird is a Caucasian Australian, he had a great 2016 but not a great year last year-all Caucasian Australians peak at 21 years old! Thurston and Thaiday are of aboriginal background-all aboriginals drop form dramatically in the final season they decide to play! It's a fact! I don't want to be rude mate but your "evidence" is like reading a 3rd graders assignment...
Also, a drop in form doesn't mean you peaked before the drop in form. Are you seriously implying Milford, in the next 10 years, won't have another period of good form? Seriously haha I'm guessing you have come on here to stir the pot on because some of the points you have made are a good laugh, you're entertaining I'll give you that.
Firstly, be so kind as to state whether you agree or disagree with my basic premise.
Is Issac Luke over 30? Regardless, he excelled in the forwards with his running game when he was very young. The exception rather than the rule when it comes to the forwards. Benji athletic abilities were freakish when he was only 20~23. By the time he was 27 or 28 the idiot coaches at the Tigers no longer wanted him. A big mistake as Benji always had pretty good ball playing skills on top of his running game. Unlike Milford. But still, as for speed and agility, I think you will find he was at his prime around 22~23 but Morgan for example, more like 25~26. How old is Morgan now? Wouldn't surprise me if he is 26 or 27 this year and last year was at his peak.

Great movie but it’s a lie! I’m just under 6’ and could dunk no problems in my day ;)

Also rep high jumper :p

Alright, white men can jump but end up with a fucked back :pokeytongue:

Can white women jump? Not sure, but great fundamentals.

that's probably just more symptomatic of the realities of online discussion/social media.

it becomes an echo chamber after a while and people can't help but join in.

everyones shit until theyre awesome, soon after they're shit again.

True and hate the outrage cycle but personally I’ve been saying things are shit for over 2 years... the faults have been obvious.

Firstly, be so kind as to state whether you agree or disagree with my basic premise.
Is Issac Luke over 30? Regardless, he excelled in the forwards with his running game when he was very young. The exception rather than the rule when it comes to the forwards. Benji athletic abilities were freakish when he was only 20~23. By the time he was 27 or 28 the idiot coaches at the Tigers no longer wanted him. A big mistake as Benji always had pretty good ball playing skills on top of his running game. Unlike Milford. But still, as for speed and agility, I think you will find he was at his prime around 22~23 but Morgan for example, more like 25~26. How old is Morgan now? Wouldn't surprise me if he is 26 or 27 this year and last year was at his peak.
Firstly, and let me emphasis this point, I COMPLETELY disagree with your "basic premise" that a professional athlete is past his peak at 21-22 years old (any ethnicity! Any!) as originally stated. The fact you are now narrowing it down to backs & have upped the age shows that even you have realised how idiotic your first few statements were.

Additionally to this, you completed ignored my points about players of other ethnicity also losing form at younger or older ages. The sheer fact you have named 3 completely different types of players in completely different stages of their careers shows how poor your point is. There are 100's of Polynesian players in The nrl, most of which are well above 22 years old. Additionally, the 100000's of Polynesian athletes competing in other sports at a professional level above the age of 22 say hello. Polynesian kids are traditionally bigger at a younger age, there are statistics and data to prove this, the rest of your claim is complete and utter bullshit that you made up to suit an agenda that you want to be true rather then it being true....

The fact you were able to read that response (Maybe the issue is that you can't), and still not know if he agreed with you, truly is an indicator that you simply are not worth engaging.

It's ok having a rant about who should go and what type of player we need but tell us all who you would buy to make things better.

Assume that every player wants to be a Bronco and all you have to do is pay market price and find off contract players, who would you buy @I bleed Maroon .
How would you fix it.

The fact you were able to read that response (Maybe the issue is that you can't), and still not know if he agreed with you, truly is an indicator that you simply are not worth engaging.

I just like people to be perfectly clear as the idea my comments were "racial" (I guess meaning "racist") is insulting and patently absurd. Thankfully, there is a very simple remedy to your problem. DOn't engage me anymore. As a matter of fact, is there an ignore option? I will check and if so, consider yourself on mine:biggrin:.

Firstly, and let me emphasis this point, I COMPLETELY disagree with your "basic premise" that a professional athlete is past his peak at 21-22 years old (any ethnicity! Any!) as originally stated. The fact you are now narrowing it down to backs & have upped the age shows that even you have realised how idiotic your first few statements were.

Additionally to this, you completed ignored my points about players of other ethnicity also losing form at younger or older ages. The sheer fact you have named 3 completely different types of players in completely different stages of their careers shows how poor your point is. There are 100's of Polynesian players in The nrl, most of which are well above 22 years old. Additionally, the 100000's of Polynesian athletes competing in other sports at a professional level above the age of 22 say hello. Polynesian kids are traditionally bigger at a younger age, there are statistics and data to prove this, the rest of your claim is complete and utter bullshit that you made up to suit an agenda that you want to be true rather then it being true....

If you are going to “COMPLETELY disagree” with my basic premise, in future could I ask you to not misconstrue, at best or outright falsify what that basic premise is?

That is, Polynesians generally reach a physical peak, as measured by speed and agility, younger and go into decline younger than other races and ethnic groups. I don’t know about every other race or ethnic group and that doesn’t mean every Polynesian. I’m talking generally. Is this some kind of “controversial” idea? I mean, I’m hardly coming up with any revelation that hasn’t been observed before. It’s not and isn’t meant to be disparaging for Polynesians or anyone else.

I hope he proves me wrong but Milford also has that kind of body shape to deal with. How old is he now? I don’t follow the ages so closely but I know he was only 19 or 20 when he was carving up as a fullback for Canberra. So is he is 24 now? I think as far as speed and agility goes, he was at his peak 2 or 3 years ago. Maybe he will become a good ballplayer or maybe develop those skills and only lose a little speed until he is in his 30s and become a much better player. But I doubt a better athlete based on speed and agility.

I just like people to be perfectly clear as the idea my comments were "racial" (I guess meaning "racist") is insulting and patently absurd. Thankfully, there is a very simple remedy to your problem. DOn't engage me anymore. As a matter of fact, is there an ignore option? I will check and if so, consider yourself on mine:biggrin:.

If you posting style doesn't change soon, I doubt you'll need to worry about ignoring any members on this site. If you could be super clear for me and quote me calling you a racist, or racial, I'm more than happy to discuss.

If you posting style doesn't change soon, I doubt you'll need to worry about ignoring any members on this site. If you could be super clear for me and quote me calling you a racist, or racial, I'm more than happy to discuss.
More threats........ Would it be ok if I assured you, you are very important and powerful? Your mean spirited message came into reply to someone else labeling my perfectly innocent comment "racial". I presume he meant "racist" but understanding that wasn't the case and not wanting to drop it, used "racial" instead. I found it insulting and then you doubling down on that even more so. This being so, I can't see any "ignore" option but if you would, please don't reply to my messages anymore and I won't yours. That way we will both be happy and there will be no need for your petty threats.

That is, Polynesians generally reach a physical peak, as measured by speed and agility, younger and go into decline younger than other races and ethnic groups. I don’t know about every other race or ethnic group and that doesn’t mean every Polynesian. I’m talking generally. Is this some kind of “controversial” idea? I mean, I’m hardly coming up with any revelation that hasn’t been observed before. It’s not and isn’t meant to be disparaging for Polynesians or anyone else.
I'm not disagreeing with you or looking for an argument but just curious as to which Polynesians you are referring to that have gone into decline at a younger age?

More threats........ Would it be ok if I assured you, you are very important and powerful? Your mean spirited message came into reply to someone else labeling my perfectly innocent comment "racial". I presume he meant "racist" but understanding that wasn't the case and not wanting to drop it, used "racial" instead. I found it insulting and then you doubling down on that even more so. This being so, I can't see any "ignore" option but if you would, please don't reply to my messages anymore and I won't yours. That way we will both be happy and there will be no need for your petty threats.

I think you need to go back and read the replies mate. All I asked was how you had come to the conclusion you did. I can't comment on what another poster said to you, I didn't say it.

I have no idea why you would think I'm important. I'm a fat nerd that has a website, I'm certainly nothing special.

It's ok having a rant about who should go and what type of player we need but tell us all who you would buy to make things better.

Assume that every player wants to be a Bronco and all you have to do is pay market price and find off contract players, who would you buy @I bleed Maroon .
How would you fix it.

All the people I would have picked up have already been signed recently. Blake Green would have been a revelation for our team and would have completely negated the loss of Hunt. There's our game manager and long kicker. I wouldn't have signed any props really, as we clearly have a tonne of our own quality youngsters coming through like TPJ and Haas, but they still need an old dog in there with them to lead them forward. I really don't trust the likes of Thaiday with that job, as his attitude hasn't been that good for a number of years now. That's why we should have made a move on the likes of Graham before the Dragons did.

So there you go, Jack Bird out, Blake Green and James Graham in. I think if that had happened, we'd be in a lot better shape right now. As for the future, I'd love to know when the likes of Leeson Ah Mau and Nathan Cleary are off contract.

I'm not disagreeing with you or looking for an argument but just curious as to which Polynesians you are referring to that have gone into decline at a younger age?
Been at their best, or at least athletically best, at a younger age and started going downhill (athletically) at a younger age than the norm.
I already answered this.

All the people I would have picked up have already been signed recently. Blake Green would have been a revelation for our team and would have completely negated the loss of Hunt. There's our game manager and long kicker. I wouldn't have signed any props really, as we clearly have a tonne of our own quality youngsters coming through like TPJ and Haas, but they still need an old dog in there with them to lead them forward. I really don't trust the likes of Thaiday with that job, as his attitude hasn't been that good for a number of years now. That's why we should have made a move on the likes of Graham before the Dragons did.

So there you go, Jack Bird out, Blake Green and James Graham in. I think if that had happened, we'd be in a lot better shape right now. As for the future, I'd love to know when the likes of Leeson Ah Mau and Nathan Cleary are off contract.
I was reading just a few days ago Au Mau who is off contract at the end of this year is in high demand. As far as I know, Cleary still has another year or 2 after this one but will almost certainly stay at Penrith or join wherever his dad is coaching.

I absolutely agree about Green but I'm not sure Graham is a lot better than Thaiday. It would depend how much he is getting paid. Green would almost certainly be significantly cheaper than Bird and would have been a better option regardless of price IMO.

Been at their best, or at least athletically best, at a younger age and started going downhill (athletically) at a younger age than the norm.
I already answered this.
So Luke, Marshall and Milford? That's what you're basing this all on? Just those 3 players?

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Spoon
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.