The BHQ Honesty session

All the people I would have picked up have already been signed recently. Blake Green would have been a revelation for our team and would have completely negated the loss of Hunt. There's our game manager and long kicker. I wouldn't have signed any props really, as we clearly have a tonne of our own quality youngsters coming through like TPJ and Haas, but they still need an old dog in there with them to lead them forward. I really don't trust the likes of Thaiday with that job, as his attitude hasn't been that good for a number of years now. That's why we should have made a move on the likes of Graham before the Dragons did.

So there you go, Jack Bird out, Blake Green and James Graham in. I think if that had happened, we'd be in a lot better shape right now. As for the future, I'd love to know when the likes of Leeson Ah Mau and Nathan Cleary are off contract.

I must admit Green snuck up on me a bit. Hodkinson was a steal at 150 isn’t even a risk if he sucks or gets injured again as a backup with the 30 man squad extension, Marshall wasn’t that expensive and seemed to like it up here. Ryley jacks would have been a good option although not available might have been worth an ask given Croft was marked as future. Pearce would have been worth a crack at right price probably wouldn’t have come but Wayne (if he still has it in him) might have straightened him out if he was smart about it (I know injured but can’t predict that).

Admittedly none ideal but they are all one organising half more than the 0 we have with NRL experience.

Marshall wasn’t that expensive and seemed to like it up here.

Benji would have been a very good stand in until we found someone younger and better. I don't think he wanted too much either.......just more than the handout he was getting. Agree, he seemed happy enough to stay with us.

All the people I would have picked up have already been signed recently. Blake Green would have been a revelation for our team and would have completely negated the loss of Hunt. There's our game manager and long kicker. I wouldn't have signed any props really, as we clearly have a tonne of our own quality youngsters coming through like TPJ and Haas, but they still need an old dog in there with them to lead them forward. I really don't trust the likes of Thaiday with that job, as his attitude hasn't been that good for a number of years now. That's why we should have made a move on the likes of Graham before the Dragons did.

So there you go, Jack Bird out, Blake Green and James Graham in. I think if that had happened, we'd be in a lot better shape right now. As for the future, I'd love to know when the likes of Leeson Ah Mau and Nathan Cleary are off contract.
Blake Green was signed on at $600k for 3 years... you'd be happy with that???

Milf isn't really the same style player as Shaun Johnson and Cherry Evans either and by that I mean they are both very well accomplished playmakers so Green is a great foil and pressure reliever. Green's role and responsibility at the Broncos would be much greater compared to what he has ever done with Milf outside him. It'd also be signing a 30 yr old half for 3 years when we are looking every bit to be in a development period.

I would've gone for Graham as well seemed the perfect prop we needed but it appears he's slowed down immensely this year.

Blake Green was signed on at $600k for 3 years... you'd be happy with that???

Fucking oath.

Green is a good game manager and has a very good kicking game. He would have been perfect for Milford.

Johnson is more accomplished than Milford, but his style of play is the same. He's a runner.

Active Now

• sooticus
  • Foordy
  • Dony Eliakim
  • The True King
  • Jedhead
  • Sproj
  • Manofoneway
  • Ondi
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • broncos4life
  • Culhwch
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.