The Clean out!

D

Dessie

Mar 14, 2008
schmix said:
I want a no dickhead policy. Get rid of the players/administrators that are causing the biggest problems behind the scenes and create a group of good, decent guys. Guys that will put in the effort both on and off the field, won't get in any serious trouble, won't try to undermine the club, and will generally get along as a group.

The biggest problem is attitude. We obviously have too many arseholes in our team for these guys to want to play for each other. Sometimes you have to wonder if they want each other to lose [icon_shru

The young guys are easily lead. If they come into a culture like we have now, they'll turn out the same. If they come into a team where everyone treats each other with respect then they'll learn by example. The same could be said for individual players brought in from other clubs - they are likely to follow the crowd and try to fit in.

I really think this would go a long way towards improving our results. Get the culture right first, then look at who we've got left on our playing roster and how we can improve it.

Well said champ. Further to the points you have raised, I don't care how it happens or what it takes, but Shane Webke must be brought back to the club to have more involvement with the players, and hopefully in the future, more influence in terms of how the club is managed on a daily basis. His 'take-no-crap' attitude and passion for the club is what is badly needed to ensure the club gets back to where it once was and should be!

M

m1c

NRL Player
Mar 16, 2008
A no dickheads policy would be great, except we'd have to offload half of our roster...

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Everyone off contract shouldn't be re-signed IMO, except lockyer on a one year deal.

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
Everyone should only be on a one-year deal. You have to earn your contract every year. When you've got a 3 or 5 year deal locked in, it's too easy to just go into cruise mode.

And agree with Tee - why do we have so many Q-Cup feeder clubs when we barely use them? Everyone acknowledges the Q-Cup is much harder footy comp than U20s. The other NRL teams that have feeder clubs in the Q-Cup use those player before their U20s in most cases.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
Oh this reeks of Denis Fitzgerald at Eels. Overstayed his welcome by 10 years simply because he simply to save his own bacon.

Cullen, an ex-waterboy, has no hope of getting another job in the NRL/Rugby League so will sit there until he feels like leaving.

J

joshobro

NYC Player
Jun 22, 2009
I would first of all get rid of some management and coaching staff.
1st: Bruno Cullen
2nd: Peter Ryan
3rd: Peter Nolan

As for players I would release:
1st: Steve Michaels
2nd: Aaron Gorrell
3rd: PJ Marsh
4th: Ashton Sims
5th: Lagi Setu (Still not sure whether we should give him another year to develop)

That should free up plenty of cap room cos apparently we don't have any. Cullen is probably that much of a moron he puts his own salary under the cap!

R

rod78

NYC Player
Jun 3, 2008
Flutterby said:
Everyone should only be on a one-year deal. You have to earn your contract every year. When you've got a 3 or 5 year deal locked in, it's too easy to just go into cruise mode.

And agree with Tee - why do we have so many Q-Cup feeder clubs when we barely use them? Everyone acknowledges the Q-Cup is much harder footy comp than U20s. The other NRL teams that have feeder clubs in the Q-Cup use those player before their U20s in most cases.

if you put everyone on a one year deal any player that performs will be worth twice as much and already signed with another club

K

kelsey tisdale

U18 Player
Aug 16, 2008
Dessie said:
lyn said:
I would start with Cullen and Ryan.
Gorrell isn't being re-signed thank god.
Marsh should be released.
I'm not really sure on Setu. Maybe sign him for 1 more year on a cheap contract and if he doesn't perform next year then cut him loose.
I would release Sims but we don't have anyone to replace him so i guess we have to keep him.
I would keep Te'o.
Release Michaels. Maybe give him a job as waterboy if hes lucky.

Unfortunately Bruno has friends in all the right places and as a result his position is secure. The same cannot be said however for Ivan. He will be unfairly treated as the scapegoat for the debacle at Red Hill. Rest assured wheels have already been set in motion to oust him at season's end. He will have a few players and one or two support staff following close behind.

Don't be too confident on that one Dessie, I guarantee u that Bruno is dead man walking along with Ivan, they won't be around next year, I hope we can say the same for Gorrell, Wapau, Williams, Marsh, Sims, Teo, Micheals and Setu who are all first grade wannabees but will be working as tow truck drivers and spray painters in the coming years.

B

badav

BRL Player
Apr 12, 2008
The Rock said:
Firstly, Teo can go - He's only be given a 1 year contract and he hasn't proved himself at all this year. That'll free up some more cash.

Im pretty bloody sure that Teo was given an extension earlier this year. This guy didnt cut it at the warriors or the tigers (some of his "efforts" at the tigers last year were hopeless). Why we wanted to pay big bucks to have a guy like this in the team astounds me.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I agree Te'o has shown nothing to suggest he deserves 200k a year. At the Broncos we need consistent hard working forwards not lazy ego driven tools.

N

NPK

QCup Player
Mar 10, 2008
We're screwed if we don't get any big signings for our forward pack for next season. It's a joke.

D

ddd

NRL Player
May 14, 2009
NPK said:
We're screwed if we don't get any big signings for our forward pack for next season. It's a joke.

Then we're screwed as Bruno already said "no new faces around camp next year"

So I guess we're stuck with the old feaces instead

A

azza79

NYC Player
Sep 16, 2008
NPK said:

Does anyone know what forwards are still off contract and available for next season??

L

lyn

QCup Player
May 6, 2008
azza79 said:
NPK said:

Does anyone know what forwards are still off contract and available for next season??
http://dazrl.awardspace.info
That site is not really 100% correct but if you take notice of the re-signings that get announced in the news/papers etc then you should figure out which ones are wrong or haven't been updated yet.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
ddd said:
NPK said:

Then we're screwed as Bruno already said "no new faces around camp next year"

So I guess we're stuck with the old feaces instead

that's absolutely fcuking crazy ... how in hell does he expect the Brisbane public to buy into the Broncos in 2010 if there are no tangible signs that 2009 won't be repeated ????

If this same soulless mob run around next year, that's the last straw for me with Bruno Cullen and his anemic management of this club ...

Unread

Active Now

• Battler
  • Justwin
  • phoenix
  • Gympie devil
  • Harry Sack
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Volvo Driver
  • Johnny92
  • BroncoFan94
  • BroncosAlways
  • theshed
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.