The Corey Oates Issue.

He was just about bulletproof leading up to Origin this year. We don’t need to go back to last year to see how good he was.

AFAIC, there is no Oates Issue. He is a fucking gun, he can do what very few players, let alone wingers, can do, and can do it without a team of cheating scum feeding him the field position and open space.

Sign him for 5 years on $550k /yr and tell him to just run over whatever is in front of him.

Couldn’t run over Cook. That’s the broncos mentality this year though, let’s play Barge Ball because we’ll just run over anyone in front of us. Bit more to rugby league than that unfortunately

Anything to rip on Oates and take away any excuses that might show why his form dropped a bit aye?

I’m calling bullshit that you were fine with fucked up sleep patterns. If not then lucky you, you’re the exception and not the rule.
Hey mate, Oates is a guy makes half a million a season, he got the money to hire someone for help if he couldn’t seek from his or his wife’s family.

I’m not the rule, but Oates can’t be an exception either for being immune of not being criticized of not behaving on the field.

Every club have a 30 roster, 17 squad for each game, if we really want to find excuses for players not behaving well, it won’t be hard.

No wonder we can’t win a premiership for such a long time, this soft tolenrence is not champion winning material

Corey Oates has always had problems in his game.

He's always been error prone and has a knack for making stupid errors and he rarely contests a high bomb. He could score a ridiculous try like the one against the Sharks in 2018 and then back it up with a bonehead mistake. He has been that way since he came into first grade, those problems were just masked because he was scoring tries so a lot of people either didn't realize or just didn't pay much attention to it because he was making up for those mistakes.

He has suffered as a result of the Boyd/Milford switch and he isn't scoring tries which is making people more aware of his problems. That will change, though.

He is still one of the best wingers in the game and has the ability to win games with his strength and try scoring ability so getting rid of him would be a boneheaded mistake. Especially when we already have the funds freed up to lock up our gun forwards.

I doubt he is ever going to get to a point where he is as safe as houses so that's just one of those things people are going to have to accept if they want a try scoring machine on the wing.

A full pre-season with Milford at fullback, I have no doubt Oates will be back to his usual try scoring ways.

Active Now

• KateBroncos1812
  • Browny
  • mitch222
  • Jazza
  • davidp
  • GCBRONCO
  • Fitzy
  • Foordy
  • Broncosgirl
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Kev_Guz
  • Bish
  • Skathen
  • MrTickyMcG
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.