The Dilemma

He mentioned he played a fair amount of 6 in the juniors.

I'm not really sure if that carries the weight be believes. It's not uncommon for junior teams to have their best player at 6 despite more than likely being better suited elsewhere. Gillett, Boyd and DT are names that come to mind.

Yeah. Look how strong and elusive Hoffy is. He could play at 6 and just bust through so many junior defences. Wouldn't really need that much "skill".

Hoffman definitely needs to pick up some ball playing skills, so a few games in the halves couldn't hurt in that regard. On the other hand, it just gives less time for Lockyer's real replacement to settle in.

He doesn't need to pick up anything, he's not that sort of player and I doubt he ever will be. Getting players playing their natural game is the best thing you can do for any team.

It never hurts to pick up some extra skills. Slater was one dimensional when he started, now he can (sort of) pass the ball and create opportunities. Hoffman could benefit from that too.
And besides, we keep using that third man play all the time anyway, and Hoffman still doesn't look comfortable with it.

Speaking of Hoffman, I hope they stop going for that inside ball play every game.

I swear we've suffered more mistakes with it than breaks.

I personally believe we should just bring Hunt into the halves he is our most talented out of the options. I don't mind whether you put the 6 on his back or Pete's

griffo mentioned on broncostv that hunt and norman set PB's for 1.2km runs in the first week back at training. that might not mean much in the grand scheme but it tells me both are already putting in the hard yards.

griffo mentioned on broncostv that hunt and norman set PB's for 1.2km runs in the first week back at training. that might not mean much in the grand scheme but it tells me both are already putting in the hard yards.

That sounds good. Whoever Lockyer's replacement is, they will have the toughest job in the NRL next season. Hunt and Norman will not only have to beat each other, but also live up to the massive expectations. They better be putting in a lot of hard work.

That's a massive effort considering the fact that they have only just come back.

They're hungry. They want that spot, it's great to see them really going at it.

Active Now

• FACTHUNT
  • Brocko
  • Stix
  • Tmac
  • Accept
  • cento
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Allo
  • bert_lifts
  • Santa
  • Battler
  • Hurrijo
  • Sproj
  • lynx000
  • Foordy
  • Swordfish
  • KateBroncos1812
  • I bleed Maroon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.