The Dolphins discussion

I found this comment quite funny. I mean, Wayne has done some pretty petty things in his time especially when it comes to his little war with White so for him to come out with this, it was funny.

Probably alluding to events in Bennett's personal life as well, which could be deemed unfair to do when it's from a business perspective, but when he's questioning someone's character ....

I forget you have never have made a bad call or a mistake in your entire life. Apologies.

Dr Evil Whatever GIF

I thought we agreed not to use that lame joke anymore?

Angry Season 2 GIF by The Office

go back through the thread ... a couple of people complained and discussed the joke, i don't recall anyone agreeing to stop

Pretty sure @Nashy stepped in......

and @Harry Sack certainly made it clear in his usual authoritarian way

The warning bells of possible suspensions, rang through the night.....

?

just had a quick look back and couldn't see either of those things happening (at least in this thread). so please quote those posts

MG reckons that The should be allowed a marquee player outside of cap for the first 3 years.

MG says:

“I must confess I didn’t see it coming, I didn’t see that he would stay with Melbourne,” Geyer told Triple M.

“I’m glad he did, I’m really glad because money doesn’t buy us happiness always and I think Cameron Munster weighed up the options.

“Will I take the extra $300,000 a year and go to a club that’s basically going to be bottom feeders for the first three or four years and then most of the blame will go on me, or stay at an established club, be a one club man, see out my time in the purple jersey.

“Look I feel for Wayne Bennett. I think that the NRL have to do more for the Dolphins for dispensations.

“I think they’ve got to have a marquee exempt from salary cap or something for the first three years.”

---------

in other "news" reports suggest that Bennett's plan B after missing out on Munster is to make a play for Mitch Moses or Dylan Brown from the Eels ... not to sure about the Moses rumour in particular, as he vetoed Brisbane making an offer to him several years ago

Do they get any cap concessions or any leg up to assist from the NRL?

Do they get any cap concessions or any leg up to assist from the NRL?

not that i know of.

pretty sure the NRL just said here's your licence, then threw them in the deep end to build a competitive club on short notice.

the NRL obviously thought Bennett was enough to help get those marquee signatures, but it hasn't worked out that way

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • sooticus
  • Locky's Left Boot
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.