The Dolphins discussion

Not sure if it's been mentioned in here, but how bad is the promo song they play on the radio? "Get your phins up" or something. That's some lame ass shit for mine.

Rothfield reporting that the Phins have so far only spent 75% of their 2023 salary cap (they have only signed 27 of the 30 players required). according to Slothfield, they still have a spare $2 million available in their cap.

this is an issue because NRL rules say that every team needs to spend 95% of their salary cap

Rothfield reporting that the Phins have so far only spent 75% of their 2023 salary cap (they have only signed 27 of the 30 players required). according to Slothfield, they still have a spare $2 million available in their cap.

this is an issue because NRL rules say that every team needs to spend 95% of their salary cap
Who is left to buy?

Meyn reporting that Bennett has settled on his spine, (no surprises) it will be:

1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
6. Anthony Milford
7. Sean O'Sullivan
9. Jeremy Marshall-King

Meyn is also reporting that Bennett has guaranteed "ex-Broncos" half Kodi Nikorima a spot in the starting 17 (likely as a super sub)

I have to say that spine doesn't exactly fill me with fear

Front-end a heap of contracts so that they can go balls-out when a marquee (or two) appears on the market.
Not many they have you wanna lock in to long term deals though I’d say. Unless Bennett comes up with the master stroke of offering Milford a 4 year million dollar deal….

Not many they have you wanna lock in to long term deals though I’d say. Unless Bennett comes up with the master stroke of offering Milford a 4 year million dollar deal….

At least do it with the ones already signed for 2014 etc.

They should go for Fifita and try and get him early, he likes playing overpriced comfortable footy.

95% by June 30 not the start of the season.

Front-end a heap of contracts so that they can go balls-out when a marquee (or two) appears on the market.
I've always wondered with front ending contracts, does it actually end up costing players money in increased taxation? Or would they all be in the highest bracket anyway.

I've always wondered with front ending contracts, does it actually end up costing players money in increased taxation? Or would they all be in the highest bracket anyway.

most would be in the top tax bracket which is ($180,001 and over)

Highest tax bracket and on top of that it’s always better to have more money now than in instalments - assuming they invest it or at the very least let it collect compounding interest somehow and not just blow it on a expensive toys and pokies

From Bennett in relation to Sean O'Sullivan:

“He came to the Broncos because of me but I got the sack (2018) and never got to coach him for one minute.

“When he went to Penrith, into a good system at a good club, we saw what he could do."

Wow - I hope Kevvie puts this up in the dressing room and reminds the players what Bennett thinks of them and the club. That is insulting.

From Bennett in relation to Sean O'Sullivan:

“He came to the Broncos because of me but I got the sack (2018) and never got to coach him for one minute.

“When he went to Penrith, into a good system at a good club, we saw what he could do."

Wow - I hope Kevvie puts this up in the dressing room and reminds the players what Bennett thinks of them and the club. That is insulting.

I don't recall Bennett patting himself on the back as much in his career, as he has in the last couple of years.

Getting the sack really hurt his ego

From Code Sports (aka the Courier Mail)

Code

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Aldo
  • Alec
  • I bleed Maroon
  • KateBroncos1812
  • The Boss
  • BRC088
  • Battler
  • Waynesaurus
  • GCBRONCO
  • Skyblues87
  • Thelmus
  • FACTHUNT
  • sooticus
  • Harry Sack
  • Foordy
  • Browny
  • Organix
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Jazza
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.