The Dolphins discussion

Niu would make a decent centre................. if his defence wasn't so horrid. His attack at centre was good.

News Corp doing their best to create a rivalry between us and the Phins.

they're (Badel/Meyn) still going on about how the Phins are upset about us blocking them from signing Olopau, and how much "bad blood" there is between the sides.

they quote Terry Reader, who spends 1 sentence on the subject (saying they are disappointed at not being given a chance to sign him) before talking up the Phins as a "development club"

they're (Badel/Meyn) still going on about how the Phins are upset about us blocking them from signing Olopau, and how much "bad blood" there is between the sides.

they quote Terry Reader, who spends 1 sentence on the subject (saying they are disappointed at not being given a chance to sign him) before talking up the Phins as a "development club"

News Corp can say what they want, nobody takes them seriously.

The have made it crystal clear who they see as their main rival, that being the Melbourne Storm with that Sunny Coast feeder club which is basically up the road from where they're looking to base themselves.

News Corp can say what they want, nobody takes them seriously.

The have made it crystal clear who they see as their main rival, that being the Melbourne Storm with that Sunny Coast feeder club which is basically up the road from where they're looking to base themselves.

Does anyone believe their biggest rivalry will be Melbourne though? It's absolutely going to be us, Brisbane vs Brisbane, especially with Wayne continuously throwing barbs.

Does anyone believe their biggest rivalry will be Melbourne though? It's absolutely going to be us, Brisbane vs Brisbane, especially with Wayne continuously throwing barbs.

The media will make the rivalry between the Broncos and the Dolphins, and it will also be us two who are fighting it out for fans and sponsorships.

But the Dolphins themselves have made it clear that for them to be successful, they are better off chipping in to the Storm's player pools, whether that be current players or development paths. Works for me, it weakens the Storm by either making them pay more, or taking their talent.

The media will make the rivalry between the Broncos and the Dolphins, and it will also be us two who are fighting it out for fans and sponsorships.

But the Dolphins themselves have made it clear that for them to be successful, they are better off chipping in to the Storm's player pools, whether that be current players or development paths. Works for me, it weakens the Storm by either making them pay more, or taking their talent.

Yeah I get that. But that's like saying the Broncos biggest rivals were Canberra for years because of the Logan area feeding into Canberra.

Stupid narrative, stupid club, stupid coach.

When i saw the article labelled "Dolphins Fury" i was expecting big things. All we got was

"It is disappointing when you are pointedly denied the opportunity to sign a local junior from the area "

Hardly furious talk there. But then i saw it was a Badel/Meyn article it all made sense.

At the end of the day, The Dolphins are a development club and everything is there for them to dig into the Storms pool of players and also ours whether we like to admit it or not. For parents who dont know who the Broncos pathway clubs are, they can clearly see at Redcliffe how their 7 year old son can progress through the grades and end up an NRL player. I dont think that sort of thing should be underestimated especially seeing the success the Panthers have had.

I think so too but right now, we're not the team getting in the way of them building their NRL team. They've managed to take a few of the scraps which we were probably looking to get rid of, it's not like they've stolen anyone from us that we would have liked to keep.

They've taken a few big names from Melbourne though and went in deep to get Munster which would've been a hammer blow to Melbourne, they've made it clear who they see as their immediate threat and I think the fact the Sunshine Coast Falcons are a Melbourne feeder, that's definitely a part of QLD they'd like to make their own.

When i saw the article labelled "Dolphins Fury" i was expecting big things. All we got was

"It is disappointing when you are pointedly denied the opportunity to sign a local junior from the area "

Hardly furious talk there. But then i saw it was a Badel/Meyn article it all made sense.

At the end of the day, The Dolphins are a development club and everything is there for them to dig into the Storms pool of players and also ours whether we like to admit it or not. For parents who dont know who the Broncos pathway clubs are, they can clearly see at Redcliffe how their 7 year old son can progress through the grades and end up an NRL player. I dont think that sort of thing should be underestimated especially seeing the success the Panthers have had.
100%. I think our approach to pathways, while they’re are some benefits, have many flaws.

Players at the panthers grow up being panthers their whole lives. When they get to first grade their dream is to play for the panthers, all the guys they came up with are breaking into the team around the same time as them. Our players grow up as Magpies, Devils, Seagulls etc

100%. I think our approach to pathways, while they’re are some benefits, have many flaws.

Players at the panthers grow up being panthers their whole lives. When they get to first grade their dream is to play for the panthers, all the guys they came up with are breaking into the team around the same time as them. Our players grow up as Magpies, Devils, Seagulls etc

Yep, couldnt agree more. Thing with Redcliffe is they have already been developing talent for years, their system is already in place, their best players have just always been taken by clubs like ours.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Santa
  • Brotherdu
  • Wolfie
  • Ejbroncos
  • Bish
  • Tim K
  • Fatboy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.