The Dolphins discussion

Seriously, let's say he kills it this year, how much money has he left behind by not being that player for us? Even if we didn't re-sign him, another club would have, if he were going really good.

No club will ever deal out the big dollars for him again and how could they? He was the laziest player in our squad despite being the highest paid.

From what i know, he trained fine and i dont think he was a lazy player, certainley people i know who played with him dont think he was, but as i have mentioned previously, he wasnt very disciplined off field with his preparation and diet. Thats an issue in todays game.

From what i know, he trained fine and i dont think he was a lazy player, certainley people i know who played with him dont think he was, but as i have mentioned previously, he wasnt very disciplined off field with his preparation and diet. Thats an issue in todays game.

When you're an athlete what you eat is really important.

Even myself as your average every day NRL fan, what I eat is important if I want to be in shape, for an athlete it's probably a non-negotiable.

I thought he was a footballer......?

Good footballers don't necessarily have to be athletes.

Beast.

I thought he was a footballer......?

Good footballers don't necessarily have to be athletes.

I don't know why you defend him, he was a failure, an abject failure.

He's not the only reason we became a mess but **** me, when the bloke is earning 1 million dollars a year and can't prepare properly, what's there to defend?

I don't know why you defend him, he was a failure, an abject failure.

An abject failure......?

Ron Burgundy Anchorman GIF

If not for Ben Hunts dropped ball....Milford almost single-handedly wins us the 2015 GF.

Lets be honest, Milford goes down hill around about the same time the whole fucken team/club went down hill

post Bennett.....

An abject failure......?

Ron Burgundy Anchorman GIF

If not for Ben Hunts dropped ball....Milford almost single-handedly wins us the 2015 GF.

Lets be honest, Milford goes down hill around about the same time the whole fucken team/club went down hill

post Bennett.....
Should have had the clive churchill medal atleast

He was never a game manager that we tried to turn him into.
We had to try..........we had no other choice.
A common flaw in team management is that your best player ends up as the "leader". In a lot of cases it does take away from them, what made them great players in the first place.

Exceptions to the rule like Alf ....Locky.....Wal....JT......Cam
are the next level that we all were hoping Milford could be.

Broncs were starving for the next Locky, to put us back where we belong.....

There's a host of reasons why Anthony didn't work out......
I don't see how anyone can honestly put it all on him.

Milf had some classy games in recent years, I remember one comeback in the second half against the Raiders at Suncorp a couple of years ago that was beautiful... Just seems like he peaked early in his career and is just not a marquee player anymore, hard to believe he's only 28 still.

We had to try..........we had no other choice.
A common flaw in team management is that your best player ends up as the "leader". In a lot of cases it does take away from them, what made them great players in the first place.

Exceptions to the rule like Alf ....Locky.....Wal....JT......Cam
are the next level that we all were hoping Milford could be.

Broncs were starving for the next Locky, to put us back where we belong.....

There's a host of reasons why Anthony didn't work out......
I don't see how anyone can honestly put it all on him.

I don’t think anybody has put it all on him but he’s the first person people will have been looking at, given the salary he was on. He hasn’t done a great deal to prove us wrong since then to be fair.

Milf had some classy games in recent years, I remember one comeback in the second half against the Raiders at Suncorp a couple of years ago that was beautiful... Just seems like he peaked early in his career and is just not a marquee player anymore, hard to believe he's only 28 still.
2020...before covid hit
Milford was looking likely to have a great season....the old Milf, was back.

I don’t think anybody has put it all on him but he’s the first person people will have been looking at, given the salary he was on. He hasn’t done a great deal to prove us wrong since then to be fair.
I can't and won't use his "$$Miiiillliiiooonnn" that he was on as any kind of justification
that he WILL play well.
Its footy FFS....shit happens out on the field.
You're not doing stuff because of how much you're being paid........players with Milford's talent are doing what they do because they want to win.

The $$$$$$$$ is fucken bullshit......

I don't blame Milf for signing a contract for 1mill a season, any of us would. I blame him for stagnating for the better part of 3 years. Brisbane played their part for sure, but ultimately he got all the chances in the world with us and did little with them - it's not like we had any quality halves breathing down his neck.

It wasn't just us though, the few chances he got at Origin level he was absolutely anonymous. Never an elite player, but did have his moments that made you think there was was something more.

There is rightly an expectation of a player you pay big money to win you games. I think Milf certainly in his last couple of years didnt excel, but nobody else was winning us games either. Its a team game and you need support to perform week in week out. Everyone has to do their jobs.

Even in the current squad only Reynolds you could argue out of our highest earners has been a match winner. Staggs, Haas and Flegler havent. Before them Boyd and Bird for whatever reason didnt hit the heights either. We still arent an effective unit and there is only going to be so much a single player can do. Its got to change.

Unlike most of BHQ........Wayne knows better than to write off one player because of a misfire during a random trial match.

Guaranteed Milford will be wearing the no.6 R1.

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Jazza
  • Justwin
  • sooticus
  • Fatboy
  • Stix
  • TimWhatley
  • Fozz
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Big Del
  • DrGee
  • Skathen
  • Fitzy
  • Strop
  • Harry Sack
  • Tmac
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Midean
  • LockyersLeftBoot
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.