The Dolphins discussion

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Unlike most of BHQ........Wayne knows better than to write off one player because of a misfire during a random trial match.

Guaranteed Milford will be wearing the no.6 R1.

I wouldnt be too confident of that

Mightybroncs2k17

Mightybroncs2k17

NRL Player
Jan 15, 2017
I think I've overestimated how well the dolphins might go this year.

I was confident they'd avoid the spoon and sit sround that 10th-14th position. But when you look at their full strength squad from 1-17 they really don't have alot to offer.

You can tell its been thrown together and made up of anyone who would sign as opposed to carefully selected targets.

Worst of all for them, i can really see a well drilled team when they're in a mood absolutely putting them to the sword. Like a 60 point flogging kind of put to the sword. Can picture the likes of Melbourne with Grant, Paps, Munster and Hughes just picking their brittle defence to peices.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
I wouldnt be too confident of that
Well, unless Milford's been stinking it up at training, which is not the word I'm hearing

.......WB didn't bring him here to sack him after one trial game.

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
Well, unless Milford's been stinking it up at training, which is not the word I'm hearing

WB didn't bring him there to play like a washed up bomb-bot either, yet here we are.

If Milf wants to be in the top grade, he needs to be a LOT better. Sean isn't flashy but is reliable, and Katoa is a gun. KNik a very good 14...who's the odd man out?

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015

Could be Bennett psychology. Dropping him to hopefully get him to pick up his act.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Unlike most of BHQ........Wayne knows better than to write off one player because of a misfire during a random trial match.

Guaranteed Milford will be wearing the no.6 R1.

He’s been training with the reserves and left their most recent session early for “conditioning”.

I wouldn’t be so confident.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
He’s been training with the reserves and left their most recent session early for “conditioning”.

I wouldn’t be so confident.

Well See Season 6 GIF by The Office

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
Here?
Where's here
....after 1 trial match?
Yup, after one trial match where Milf - after supposedly being fit as a fiddle and training the house down all off-season - failed to fire a single, solitary shot against the Titans, who won't be making finals this year. While Katoa was clearly a standout.

I'm not saying he can't be a good NRL player again, I think he can. He's showed he has it and even the last few years there have been glimpses. But Wayne will want a lot more out of him that what he showed on the weekend.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Looks like @Mr Fourex is set to be right.

Badel Reporting that Isaiya Katoa has been told he will make his debut in the halves along side Sean O'Sullivan in round 1.

it's also being reported that Euan Aitken is tipped to beat Tesi Niu to the centre spot

Bennett playing his usual mind games with the media:

“I haven’t got a deadline on selecting the team yet,”

“I have an obligation to the club and the playing group to do the right thing by them first.”

“I haven’t finalised my team yet. Whether Milford is in or Katoa is in or if Brenko Lee is in or someone else is out, I will release the final team on Tuesday.

“My priority is to get the best 13 and whoever that best 13 is, you will find out Tuesday.

“We ran with a number of combinations at training, but Anthony Milford is not injured.”

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
looks like the Dolphins are opening the cheque book in order to get some wins on the board (from us) ... after the duds they've signed so far (obviously, with the exception of Herbie)

Gaz

Gaz

NRL Captain
Contributor
Oct 7, 2017
Looks like @Mr Fourex is set to be right.

Badel Reporting that Isaiya Katoa has been told he will make his debut in the halves along side Sean O'Sullivan in round 1.

it's also being reported that Euan Aitken is tipped to beat Tesi Niu to the centre spot

Bennett playing his usual mind games with the media:

“I haven’t got a deadline on selecting the team yet,”

“I have an obligation to the club and the playing group to do the right thing by them first.”

“I haven’t finalised my team yet. Whether Milford is in or Katoa is in or if Brenko Lee is in or someone else is out, I will release the final team on Tuesday.

“My priority is to get the best 13 and whoever that best 13 is, you will find out Tuesday.

“We ran with a number of combinations at training, but Anthony Milford is not injured.”

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • kman
  • broncotville
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Financeguy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncorob
  • Wolfie
  • leon.bott
  • Big Del
  • mitch222
  • FACTHUNT
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.