The Dolphins discussion

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
So basically, Bennett's advice to Milford...just get better.

But seriously, I wonder if Wayne will ever take any responsibility for getting it horribly wrong with Milford. I mean he owned it all those years back saying he could turn him into a 7 and it was on him.

I think Milford actually improved every aspect of his game under Bennett. He became an all round better player but it ended up being at the cost of what made him great in the first place. Part of that has to be on Bennett, but having all the tools he ended up having Milfords failure is more down to Milford.

Still reckon Milfs biggest issue is he just does enough. He isnt a bad trainer or lazy trainer, but he only does what he needs to do. Add to that he doesnt look after himself off the field the best and its clear its his attitude to his career thats held him back.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
I think Milford actually improved every aspect of his game under Bennett. He became an all round better player but it ended up being at the cost of what made him great in the first place. Part of that has to be on Bennett, but having all the tools he ended up having Milfords failure is more down to Milford.

Still reckon Milfs biggest issue is he just does enough. He isnt a bad trainer or lazy trainer, but he only does what he needs to do. Add to that he doesnt look after himself off the field the best and its clear its his attitude to his career thats held him back.
I still believe he was always a half....... and don't subscribe that moving him from fullback destroyed his career.
He almost single-handedly won us the 2015 GF.......he did that as a half, not a FB.

I can't explain the downward spiral thereafter.......

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
I still believe he was always a half....... and don't subscribe that moving him from fullback destroyed his career.
He almost single-handedly won us the 2015 GF.......he did that as a half, not a FB.

I can't explain the downward spiral thereafter.......

He's a ball running 6. He was never a half back and i do think trying to have him controlling games was a mistake by all the coaches here.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Its probably too late for him now unless he really knuckles down. I dont think he has the drive or enough passion for footy anymore.
Sadly, I think you're right.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
..thats more happenstance than anything else ...IMO.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
I think that's been on a downward trajectory since he got his million dollar contract

Always remember the great Sir Bobby Robson commenting on the amount of money going into football in the Premier league and his biggest concern, in his words was how do you make a millionaire sweat. Very apt in regards to Milf.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Fair comments from Jesse Bromwich.....RE Milford

Comments from Bwaith...."you come to a new club off a bad trip and looking to start fresh
and you show up like this....?
WB and the whole squad is bitterly disappointed

I'm done

the Milf posters are officially coming off the wall.

Is over Anthony......
I don't ever want to see you again.

The Simpsons Depression GIF

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
Fair comments from Jesse Bromwich.....RE Milford

Comments from Bwaith...."you come to a new club off a bad trip and looking to start fresh
and you show up like this....?
WB and the whole squad is bitterly disappointed

I'm done

the Milf posters are officially coming off the wall.

Is over Anthony......
I don't ever want to see you again.

The Simpsons Depression GIF
gasping season 9 GIF

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
He's a ball running 6. He was never a half back and i do think trying to have him controlling games was a mistake by all the coaches here.
It was a panic move after we lost Bhunt... and then we couldn't snag Atay back either.

I think it worked for a little bit, but he had back to back preseasons lost to shoulder surgeries when he was making the transition.

By 2018 the whole joint was blown up and Milf was trying to carry the team... Seibs then had him playing 1, 6 & 7 at the same time in 2019 and there was no support coming from anywhere

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Would have loved to see him play outside a dominant no.7

Like Cronk...... 😍

outside Cleary,
he'd be a better and less grubbier version of Luai....
He can't do it anymore as a 6... he's too set in being a 'game managing' 7 that puts up 5th tackle drop punts to the corner.

He basically does nothing else in the side anymore... doesn't dig into the line as a 7 or set anyone up... he'll have a run every now and then, but it's no longer threatening.

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
Hope the club crashes and burns, hope they lose every game they ever play.
Same, but only because the NRL is being greedy with this decision and not actually risking an investment in a WA team. I want the players to have a great time playing out there, but a second Brisbane team is the same dumb logic as multiple sydney teams. The NRL just grinds my gears, and I'm mostly angry at myself for not being able to quit.
Always remember the great Sir Bobby Robson commenting on the amount of money going into football in the Premier league and his biggest concern, in his words was how do you make a millionaire sweat. Very apt in regards to Milf.
Rarely you get a guy whose talent carries them effortlessly, sometimes you get one who plays with a lot of drive, mostly you get the dutiful few who see it as their job, but I doubt you would often get the same passion as an amateur sportsmen will give in his home team for a bag of crisps and a cold pint after the game.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
I think that's been on a downward trajectory since he got his million dollar contract

Yeah this. I don't think "turning him in to a #7" is what ruined him. He could still use his skillset at 7 (Shaun Johnson certainly did). It was only after he declined horribly that people were looking for other answers (one being to add the control / direction to his skillset) to make him viable.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Million a year + a Maccas card. He got lazy because he was a top earner, he got fat because he had a discount and **** all drive.

Active Now

• Bish
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncorob
  • Porthoz
  • Allo
  • Galah
  • Mighty Bronx
  • rnabokov
  • Harry Sack
  • BroncoFan94
  • Justwin
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.