The Dolphins discussion

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Well done. You come up with this tripe an hour before their first game after supporting them all off-season. Hope you feel like an A-grade tool.
Not at all.......regardless of them winning or losing today, my position hasn't changed.
Perhaps you're confusing me with being a fair-weathered fan like yourself......?

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
I don't think it was Badel actually, didn't sound like him.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
The more I dwell on the dropping of the Redcliffe name from the NRL franchise......the more I'm disinclined to support them.
It’s particularly because of the way the Dolphin fans fire up when pressed on it, as in.....
"hey, its OK...STFU...at least we're now in the NRL"...🙄
and by the way the Dolphins decision makers handled it. They threw away 75 years of history, without even blinking an eye.......and then told everyone about it after the deal was done.

I still remember as a kid at BRL games hearing the guys selling doubles tickets....."50c or $1 are you with Redcliffe (sometimes Reddy) in the big one!".......

Mother fucken sell outs........thats the only conclusion I can come to.
A lot of reports filtering in tonight about how the majority of media commentators and fans were referring to the team as Redcliffe during the game......

it seems as though there are some decent people out there after all. My faith in the human spirit has been restored......

Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
A lot of reports filtering in tonight about how the majority of media commentators and fans were referring to the team as Redcliffe during the game......

it seems as though there are some decent people out there after all. My faith in the human spirit has been restored......

View attachment 21207
Even the team song has the word "Reddy" included in it. I'm predicting by next year that common sense will prevail with the addition of Redcliffe to the name.

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
Not at all.......regardless of them winning or losing today, my position hasn't changed.
Perhaps you're confusing me with being a fair-weathered fan like yourself......?
Define fair-weathered.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Seriously though, if you think about their primarily lines across the park, they are building pretty well:

Fullback: Hammer
Wing: Bostock
Centre: Farnworth
Half: Katoa
Prop: Flegler
Hooker: JMK/Graham
Second-Row: ??
Lock: ??

I'm really surprised they aren't throwing ridiculous money at Fifita. Obviously, the Storm guys they have are all great foundation setters but none of them are there long-term really. Even so, they have a bit to build around. Katoa is going to be absolutely elite, can see why the Panthers were so sad to lose him.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
the hot takes begin.. 🔥🔥
214A44CC 01B7 4F75 AF8E 4AF448405EB3

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
They've got to find a way to be able to call themselves Redcliffe in the NRL and Redcliffe in the QRL. It's a farce that they've played their debut game in the NRL and as per the name of their NRL team, they don't geographically represent anyone.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Seriously though, if you think about their primarily lines across the park, they are building pretty well:

Fullback: Hammer
Wing: Bostock
Centre: Farnworth
Half: Katoa
Prop: Flegler
Hooker: JMK/Graham
Second-Row: ??
Lock: ??

I'm really surprised they aren't throwing ridiculous money at Fifita. Obviously, the Storm guys they have are all great foundation setters but none of them are there long-term really. Even so, they have a bit to build around. Katoa is going to be absolutely elite, can see why the Panthers were so sad to lose him.

I dont think they will go for Fifita because they want competitors right now. Back row seems to be where they are weakest though. Lock i think with Stone and especially Gilbert they are fine.

IceWorks

IceWorks

NRL Player
May 10, 2019
That was great to watch, agree with the old Salt’s cliche that the game was the true winner. Will be interesting to see how far that emotion can take them, it’s a long season.

Wayne was a good choice for Redcliffe’s first season, hopefully he isn’t allowed to salt the earth by just spending everything on players he can get for season 2, even if they aren’t spine players. Though the rise of Katoa and Marshall King will solve a lot of problems if that continues, Milf off to the old dart next move?

Isaako must be never allowed off the wing, though he could do ok there… the way he holds the steeden one handed and switches hands once over the line is going to lead to another negative hilight unless someone belts some sense into his head.

Watched the Cheese and Teddy getting smashed by Kaufusi a few times on the highlights… that was good to watch!

Active Now

• Clintos
  • JamesC
  • Broncorob
  • I bleed Maroon
  • bb_gun
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.