The Dolphins discussion

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
I dont think they will go for Fifita because they want competitors right now. Back row seems to be where they are weakest though. Lock i think with Stone and especially Gilbert they are fine.
Gilbert was shocking yesterday with his hands......

I would have been tempted to have him yanked at one stage.

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
Sad off the cuff comment from Wayne in the new Dolphins doco on Stan:

"If Paul Morgan was still alive I'd still be at the Broncos".

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
How good was JMK yesterday.......?? A large reason why the Redcliffe boys got up.

Highlights once again how having your dummy half controlling the game is vital to your teams success.

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Mar 13, 2017
looked good but its a long season havent really looked at there roster but i would assume its not deep.
chickens without a few too.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Happy James Corden GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
I just watched Wayne’s post game presser from last round. Who was the journo he sprayed? Brutal haha

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Great start by Reddy disproving so far the need for a marquee player. They needed to be a team that wont go away and will be tough to beat and thats exactly what they are. Wayne knew they needed to build culture first before anything and it looks like its working. Early days though, but promising for them.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Great start by Reddy disproving so far the need for a marquee player. They needed to be a team that wont go away and will be tough to beat and thats exactly what they are. Wayne knew they needed to build culture first before anything and it looks like its working. Early days though, but promising for them.

i'm sorry ... by who?

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
I said it in the other thread but it’s one thing to get a team of lesser talents up for an origin series, the season opener, or the first real home game - it’s a whole other challenge to do it week in week out for a whole season. Some of these guys are red lining their potential, like JMK, SOS, Isaako, Nichols, etc. it will take something really special from Wayne to maintain it for the rest of the year.

Early signs are good though, and if they scrape into the finals Wayne will cash in on the underdog story for the rest of the clubs history.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Dolphins will come back down to earth eventually.

They’re playing on emotion at the moment, looking to prove people wrong after the countless question marks over their roster from everyone all pre-season but that only gets you so far. Eventually that fades and that’s when you come back down to earth.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Dolphins will come back down to earth eventually.

They’re playing on emotion at the moment, looking to prove people wrong after the countless question marks over their roster from everyone all pre-season but that only gets you so far. Eventually that fades and that’s when you come back down to earth.

Their expectation from them internally this year is to be competitive. Thats it really and anything else is a bonus. They really have nothing to come back down to earth to.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
I said it in the other thread but it’s one thing to get a team of lesser talents up for an origin series, the season opener, or the first real home game - it’s a whole other challenge to do it week in week out for a whole season. Some of these guys are red lining their potential, like JMK, SOS, Isaako, Nichols, etc. it will take something really special from Wayne to maintain it for the rest of the year.

Early signs are good though, and if they scrape into the finals Wayne will cash in on the underdog story for the rest of the clubs history.

Its going to be tough for them. They probably have some players like SOS who have always been good solid players but have never had the chance to show what they can do week in week out and a few of them will fall over, a few will kick on.

No doubt at some point they will take a few floggings but i still think as long as they generally arent pushovers it will be a successful season for them.

Active Now

• Mick_Hancock
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Lozza
  • Dash
  • Santa
  • I bleed Maroon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.