The Dolphins discussion

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
You've mentioned on here before @Mr Fourex that Redcliffe is your team? When Brisbane play them, who's getting your cheers?

Also, you convinced the Dolphins forum guy to let me fix his theme yet?

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
You've mentioned on here before @Mr Fourex that Redcliffe is your team? When Brisbane play them, who's getting your cheers?

Also, you convinced the Dolphins forum guy to let me fix his theme yet?
Its a tough one......I need a swing vote

and for me

it comes down to the brand name. Because of the reluctance to use Redcliffe in it

I'm still with the Broncs,
so don’t worry boys, I'm not going anywhere

just yet.

RE forum guy......not sure where I'm at with him. I think he deleted a substantial rant I made about the Redcliffe name last night..... 😞

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Also, you gotta be the 7.
Also close......

fail black and white GIF

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
The 6...looks like a bit of a smart ass. Mr Fourex confirmed

Either that or the melon head holding the ball

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I've been meaning to say this since Friday night, but:

The Dolphins got 32k fans to their history making first ever game (and it was a "home" game) ... on a sunny Sunday afternoon.

Broncos got 43k fans to their game on a wet and drizzly Friday night with a 7pm kickoff.

🤔

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
I've been meaning to say this since Friday night, but:

The Dolphins got 32k fans to their history making first ever game (and it was a "home" game) ... on a sunny Sunday afternoon.

Broncos got 43k fans to their game on a wet and drizzly Friday night with a 7pm kickoff.

🤔
Come on foordy, you don’t have to be so cryptic. What are you really trying to say?

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009

They need to do some work on their field drainage…

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
Its a tough one......I need a swing vote

and for me

it comes down to the brand name. Because of the reluctance to use Redcliffe in it

I'm still with the Broncs,
so don’t worry boys, I'm not going anywhere

just yet.

RE forum guy......not sure where I'm at with him. I think he deleted a substantial rant I made about the Redcliffe name last night..... 😞

Do The even have a fan forum?

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
@theshed I thought i'd fact check your copyright claims ... and while not exactly copyright, Terry Reader is claiming that if they called themselves the "Redcliffe Dolphins", they wouldn't be permitted to play in the QLD Cup ... because NRL clubs MUST have multiple Qld Cup affiliates.

and even if that was the case, why couldn't they have Redcliffe as one affiliate and Capra's as the second etc

I don't buy that the QRL can dictate to NRL clubs what they do or how many affiliates they have.

they must have thought their other excuse was more believable (about wanting to appeal to a broader area and not alienate potential fans) because that's the one that they been mainly using

Terry Reader said:

“We weren’t allowed to be called Redcliffe or we wouldn’t be allowed to play in the Queensland Cup,” Reader said. “[NRL clubs] must have multiple affiliates in the QRL competition, so we have got Redcliffe and the Capras.”

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Either Terry Reader is full of shit......or the NRL , in party with the QRL......made the Dolphins sell their soul to join the NRL.

Why would NRL Redcliffe and QRL Redcliffe be any different to;

Panthers, Bulldogs, etc etc etc......NRL & NSW Cup ?

Its complete and utter horse shit!

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Either Terry Reader is full of shit......or the NRL , in party with the QRL......made the Dolphins sell their soul to join the NRL.

Why would NRL Redcliffe and QRL Redcliffe be any different to;

Panthers, Bulldogs, etc etc etc......NRL & NSW Cup ?

Its complete and utter horse shit!

This sounds like a load of shit. Vlandys works for the ARL, I'm not sure he would give two ***** about the QRL if he wanted something.

The dud just doesn't want location names.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
This sounds like a load of shit. Vlandys works for the ARL, I'm not sure he would give two ***** about the QRL if he wanted something.

The dud just doesn't want location names.
Which Dud....? Vlandy's?

I'm suspecting it may have somethin'/a lot to do with the QRL ...TBH.

No reason anyone has offered to date, makes any sense.

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • Lostboy
  • Mustafur
  • Porthoz
  • Nerd
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Cavalo
  • winslow_wong
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • BroncosAlways
  • Brocko
  • theshed
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.