The Dolphins discussion

They shouldn't be Redcliffe either. Best option is to just claim the entire East Coast of Queensland, from Redliffe all the way up to Gladstone/Rockhamption. East Coast Dolphins would still mean they aren't stuck in one suburb and can represent a bigger fan base.

Exactly......yeah thanks for the licence
oh and by the way, We've changed our mind and we're going back to calling ourselves Redcliffe Dolphins.
EAD Peter.........

TBH though....I suspect there are also parties at Dolphins headquarters who have promised another name other than the Dolphins. I hear the Moreton Bay council and business entities have invested heavily in opening up the entire Moreton Bay region to the Dolphins.

Moreton Bay council are notorious fuckwits.......
I wonder if that’s anything to do with merchandise sales? All the biggest dolphin fans will already have their supporter gear. The nrl owns all the merchandise profits right?

NRL has
Exactly......yeah thanks for the licence
oh and by the way, We've changed our mind and we're going back to calling ourselves Redcliffe Dolphins.
EAD Peter.........

TBH though....I suspect there are also parties at Dolphins headquarters who have promised another name other than the Dolphins. I hear the Moreton Bay council and business entities have invested heavily in opening up the entire Moreton Bay region to the Dolphins.

Moreton Bay council are notorious fuckwits.......

All fuckwits who pushed out plenty of Pine Rivers staff to make sure all the Redcliffe Council losers hung around.

Also, they're changing to Moreton City Council 😅

Peter Vlandys has offciailly announced the Phins as the 2023 fairytale team. so expect them to get all the calls and 6-agains to help them along their way.

Peter Vlandys said:

“The criticism of the Dolphins has been a total over-reaction,” V’landys said.

“People keep doubting Wayne Bennett and they will do that at their peril.

“This is a long-term project. The Dolphins will have a new generation of Selwyn Cobbos and Payne Haas’ coming through, so the NRL is not concerned at all.

“His strategy of signing some experienced role models and players who have won premierships such as Jesse Bromwich and Felise Kaufusi, to mix with the substantial junior base they have there, is very astute.

“What critics can’t see is their massive catchment of kids coming through. They can be the Penrith of Queensland.

“Wayne Bennett is a genius. He will prove his critics wrong. We made the right call on expansion and the Dolphins will be great for Magic Round ... they can make the finals in their first season.”

p.s. I'm actually offended by that line about the Phins can be the Penrith of QLD.

Penrith essentially used us as a model to rebuild their club ... same as the Storm did when they built their club.

yes, we went away from that model during the dark days of Seibold and Nolan, but Kevvie and Ikin are slowly getting us back to that.

Peter Vlandys has offciailly announced the Phins as the 2023 fairytale team. so expect them to get all the calls and 6-agains to help them along their way.

Peter Vlandys said:

“This is a long-term project. The Dolphins will have a new generation of Selwyn Cobbos and Payne Haas’ coming through, so the NRL is not concerned at all.

“His strategy of signing some experienced role models and players who have won premierships such as Jesse Bromwich and Felise Kaufusi, to mix with the substantial junior base they have there, is very astute.

“What critics can’t see is their massive catchment of kids coming through. They can be the Penrith of Queensland.

“Wayne Bennett is a genius. He will prove his critics wrong. We made the right call on expansion and the Dolphins will be great for Magic Round ... they can make the finals in their first season.”
Fairytale will get them into the 8, but they're not getting favouritism over souths, rorters, penrith, parra or dogs as a minimum.

They will beat Broncos in round 4 though... you can take that to the bank

p.s. I'm actually offended by that line about the Phins can be the Penrith of QLD.

Penrith essentially used us as a model to rebuild their club ... same as the Storm did when they built their club.

yes, we went away from that model during the dark days of Seibold and Nolan, but Kevvie and Ikin are slowly getting us back to that.

I can see where he is coming from with the Penrith comment. The Dolphins have a well established junior system and a clear pathway to the NRL in that system. Parents can identify easily that their 7 year old can stay in their system and have a shot at playing NRL. I dont think we have the same clarity around the progression to be a Bronco. No everyone is going to know which local clubs to target to get here.

Peter Vlandys said:

I get the NRL need to promote the league and defend their decisions but it doesn’t sit right with me that a guy in his position is commenting about a teams chances of making finals.

If he just said the things about why the Dolphins was a good decision it would be fine.

I get the NRL need to promote the league and defend their decisions but it doesn’t sit right with me that a guy in his position is commenting about a teams chances of making finals.

If he just said the things about why the Dolphins was a good decision it would be fine.
Also the way he says 2 of our players will be their next generation…….pretty gay. And obvious.

I want to be a dolphins supporter on some level next year…….but not if it’sjust a rort. They need to earn their own merits. At this point my support is just mild, because of the inclusion of Anthony Milford. Tbh.

Old Salty's recent admission that he would be interested in Tesi Nui, but hadn't seen much of him play... seemed like a between the lines admission of a coach who is resting on his achievements, enjoying Italian dinners with his partner and fine living more than sweating over the match replays and long hours of video work.

Hopefully he's got some good support staff around him who can provide the direction and up to date thinking.. his inspiration power seems to stop short of getting people to sign for increased money to play for the Redcliffe Dolphins.

They have some quality signing and pathways, some exciting juniors.. but lets be honest, that spine isn't making any top 10 list.

Dialling back my expectations of their performance this year and think they will struggle the second half of the season once the grind sets in. Would love to see them make the 8 but I don't think that will happen.

I reckon "Dolphins" main rival will be Melbourne, just with where they appear to be looking to set up. They're going to want to take that Sunshine Coast QLD Cup side and make it one of their feeders at some point. They way they've recruited just furthers my view that's who they see as their main rivals right now.

I am sure the media will get stuck in and build the rivalry between us and them but purely from a growth perspective, right now we're not the ones getting in their way.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • johnny plath
  • Skathen
  • Santa
  • Johnny92
  • broncos4life
  • Browny
  • Morkel
  • Alec
  • Nerd
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Tmac
  • Sproj
  • Foordy
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Bish
  • mystico
  • Adammacca
  • Brocko
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.