The Dolphins discussion

NRL experience and the representative period was their undoing.

We... The Broncos.....finished 7th in our first year

and we had Wally Lewis.

Happy James Corden GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden
And?

No....The Broncos, is usually how I refer to our team.

weird...huh?

The Dolphins .... Dolphins.....

The Broncos....Broncos....

it aint hard to join the dots.
It’s actually ‘The Dolphins’ and the ‘Broncos’ not ‘The Broncos’

It’s actually ‘The Dolphins’ and the ‘Broncos’ not ‘The Broncos’
Why isn't it ...The Broncos ?

I'm not alone in the real world for using that terminology.

I think you've got Redcliffe confused with Logan.....or whatever other shithole you crawled out of.

Just Saying The Simpsons GIF by AniDom

Oh I am sure Redcliffe has plenty of substance. Substance abuse maybe hehehe. But The Dolphins don't represent Redcliffe, not the NRL team anyway. Otherwise they'd be the Redcliffe Dolphins. They represent somewhere between everywhere and nowhere. It is literally a fabricated club, where the NRL suckered Redcliffe in to thinking they "won" the bid, only to take advantage of all of the resources they had to offer while not even letting them identify with their home turf. "The" joke is not intended to make a mockery of Redcliffe, if anything it sympathises with them in how the NRL have completely disrespected the region and the club's history.

The Dolphins are located in Redcliffe. So is largely their supporter base.

More important for those supporters to get behind and identify with their team and therefore call their team what they want to call it.

Not what we want, or the NRL want or even what their club wants because of it.

Our own team’s literal name is much, much more embarrassing anyway.

Bronco animal

Featured snippet from the web​

horse

A bronco is a type of horse, not a species or a breed. It comes from the Spanish broncos, which means rough. American cowboys borrowed the lingo from their Mexican counterparts to describe untrained or partially trained horses

Our own team’s literal name is much, much more embarrassing anyway.

Bronco animal

Featured snippet from the web​

horse

A bronco is a type of horse, not a species or a breed. It comes from the Spanish broncos, which means rough. American cowboys borrowed the lingo from their Mexican counterparts to describe untrained or partially trained horses

I don't know, untrained or partially trained seems to fit our current team.

I think the quality and leadership in their forwards will allow them to "hold on" against some of the lesser quality teams. But against the real contenders such as the broncos 😏... they'll be put to the sword.

I think they may struggle for points to be honest. They have some players like Lee, the Hammer and O'Sullivan who can be pretty effective but i feel like they need quality players around them to bring out their best and will struggle to have to do it on their own.

For example O'Sullivan looked great in a Panthers team he walked into which was already hot and firing. Brenko Lee looked good in a Melbourne team that makes anyone look good. And the Hammer doesn't really have that consistency yet.

My concern is we get them round one and the adrenalin is pumping and they all play like super stars for the occasion and roll us. Or they get the roosters down in sydney for round one and its an absolute nothing atmosphere and game then round 2 we get them at suncorp and they play their grand final against us.

Do you refer to us as Brisbane Broncos on every occasion?

Oh I am sure Redcliffe has plenty of substance. Substance abuse maybe hehehe. But The Dolphins don't represent Redcliffe, not the NRL team anyway. Otherwise they'd be the Redcliffe Dolphins. They represent somewhere between everywhere and nowhere. It is literally a fabricated club, where the NRL suckered Redcliffe in to thinking they "won" the bid, only to take advantage of all of the resources they had to offer while not even letting them identify with their home turf. "The" joke is not intended to make a mockery of Redcliffe, if anything it sympathises with them in how the NRL have completely disrespected the region and the club's history.

Now the Phins have the licence, they should just "rebrand" themselves to officially become the Redcliffe Dolphins

I'm confident they won't lose a single fan because they have a geographical location in their name. Even one that theoretically represents a smallish area

Now the Phins have the licence, they should just "rebrand" themselves officially become the Redcliffe Dolphins
Exactly......yeah thanks for the licence
oh and by the way, We've changed our mind and we're going back to calling ourselves Redcliffe Dolphins.
EAD Peter.........

TBH though....I suspect there are also parties at Dolphins headquarters who have promised another name other than the Dolphins. I hear the Moreton Bay council and business entities have invested heavily in opening up the entire Moreton Bay region to the Dolphins.

Moreton Bay council are notorious fuckwits.......

Active Now

• Justwin
  • KateBroncos1812
  • GCBRONCO
  • Johnny92
  • Alec
  • barker
  • MrMoore
  • Broncorob
  • Allo
  • Galah
  • Waynesaurus
  • Sproj
  • broncsgoat
  • RodF
  • lynx000
  • Brocko
  • Jedhead
  • broncos4life
  • marw
  • winslow_wong
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.