The Dolphins discussion

I think they will
Sterlo would be in tears again
Plotting The Simpsons GIF

The one benefit the Titans had is they got announced in May 2005 for entry into the 2007 season so they pretty much had 6 months to sort players out before. The olphins have had 6 weeks since they got announced, do only 3 weeks since the window opened.

Yeah it is a massive benefit and another example of Vlandys just making decisions on his fly (get it?). It was a decision that was made so late it really put the Dolphins at a disadvantage going to market given a number of clubs got the jump on them in pursing off contract players and for off contract players to see them as a genuine option.

Are they getting any salary cap benefits to start with? Did the Titans?

Game changing signing, big hammer blow to Melbourne..

Fair dinkum, the bloke is a thug and wouldn't have been successful anywhere else

I don't like Parramattaand I don't wish them well but Sterlo is a great bloke and I can't get excited about his misery
He’s been taking out his misery on the broncos for years and if it means parra suffer at the cost of sterlo being sad, I’ll take it.

Can't help but feel it'll be a dud signing like many Melbourne players who move away from the Melbourne systems. We haven't seen much of him outside their system, but when he played for QLD he has mostly been very disappointing.

Can't help but feel it'll be a dud signing like many Melbourne players who move away from the Melbourne systems. We haven't seen much of him outside their system, but when he played for QLD he has mostly been very disappointing.
To me it feels very much like a Kevin Proctor to the Titans type of signing.

Could end up being the captain, but he is an absolute dime a dozen second rower who is completely reliant on getting good ball.

Agree....a pretty mehh signing for me.

Bored New Year GIF

Warriors owner Mark Robinson not a fan of Peter O’Sullivan:

“I don't want to knock the guy, because that's not my style, but he didn't really fit our culture…
People were always a bit wary of him, but since he's moved on there's been another build in that area. Everyone's really starting to come close again….
Now they realise probably what I saw is what they should have seen, but they didn't see it because I'm a bit more away from it, than there in it everyday."

I think his overpaid son in law will end up at Redcliffe along with the halfback kid of his who makes the Walters look like Clearys.

Sean O’Sullivan has played at 3 clubs, his dad Peter has worked as recruitment officer at all 3 of them. His one year deal at Penrith next season is so far the only exception.

To me it feels very much like a Kevin Proctor to the Titans type of signing.

Could end up being the captain, but he is an absolute dime a dozen second rower who is completely reliant on getting good ball.

I think he will probably do well for them in the first season or 2 tbh. He is a lot more proffesional in his approach than Protcor, dont think you will see Kafusi out on the lash taking cocaine like Kevin did. He's there to set standards as much as anything i reckon.

“I don't want to knock the guy, because that's not my style, but he didn't really fit our culture…
People were always a bit wary of him, but since he's moved on there's been another build in that area. Everyone's really starting to come close again….
Now they realise probably what I saw is what they should have seen, but they didn't see it because I'm a bit more away from it, than there in it everyday."

I think his overpaid son in law will end up at Redcliffe along with the halfback kid of his who makes the Walters look like Clearys.

Sean O’Sullivan has played at 3 clubs, his dad Peter has worked as recruitment officer at all 3 of them. His one year deal at Penrith next season is so far the only exception.

When did Peter O'Sullivan work for us?

Its not my style to knock guys, I just do it sometimes...which implies it is my style...but I said it isn't...so there!

Smith signing with the Roosters is a big blow for the Dolphins.

Not only because the missed out on yet another marquee signing

Or because going all-in on Smith means they missed Mahoney

But also because it makes O'Sullivan look foolish after his public comments re: Smith

Smith signing with the Roosters is a big blow for the Dolphins.

Not only because the missed out on yet another marquee signing

Or because going all-in on Smith means they missed Mahoney

But also because it makes O'Sullivan look foolish after his public comments re: Smith

What did he say regarding Smith?

Its not my style to knock guys, I just do it sometimes...which implies it is my style...but I said it isn't...so there!
Yeah...exactly

Hard to take serious and pay attention to anything he has to say re Robinson.

What did he say regarding Smith?

not as bad as i remember it, but still not great ... basically using Smith to blow smoke up Wayne's ass. talking about his pulling power and claiming the Dolphins were front runners for Smith.

Peter O'Sullivan said:

“I’m not saying we are definitely going to get him, but I think we have our noses in front,” said O’Sullivan.

“The Titans will think they are in front and I’m sure the Roosters will also think they are in front.

“We’ll find out in the next week or so who ends up in front.

“The money has stopped now so it’s a matter of where Brandon wants to go.

“Wayne is a huge factor in getting Brandon, I had a meeting with a manager the other day and he said I wouldn’t be meeting you if it wasn’t for Wayne Bennett.”

Active Now

• Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.