SPOILER The dynasty begins: The Brisbane Broncos are winning the 2024 NRL Premiership

Herbie was a fantastic defender and that is more important than attack in our side with the amount of weapons we have.
Everyone in the media is harping on about cobbos defence likely to be a liability. I might be remembering wrong but I could swear cobbo was great defensively in the 2 or 3 games he played at centre a couple years ago. He can put hit on and makes the right decisions, Walters but drill him if he has lapses though but I'd imagine mariner would too if he was put there. Staggs still does and herbie did until last year regularly too so I think it won't be any more of an issue/target then it has been in the past (centre defence)

Everyone in the media is harping on about cobbos defence likely to be a liability. I might be remembering wrong but I could swear cobbo was great defensively in the 2 or 3 games he played at centre a couple years ago. He can put hit on and makes the right decisions, Walters but drill him if he has lapses though but I'd imagine mariner would too if he was put there. Staggs still does and herbie did until last year regularly too so I think it won't be any more of an issue/target then it has been in the past (centre defence)

I'm as excited as anyone about Cobbo as centre, he'll become an absolute gun there and yes, I think better than Herbie but it will take time is all I'm saying. If he hits the ground running defensively, I won't be complaining whatsoever of course.

Herbie was a fantastic defender and that is more important than attack in our side with the amount of weapons we have.
And also the yardage he brought

It's ok, the loss is all part of the plan. We're going the Panthers route (they lost their first game last year too).

And like us, they looked much better in the second half.

Even after the loss, Cam Smith has us as premiership favourites :)

In the majority of seasons (NRL period), the eventual premiers lost round 1.

A sloppy win, but a win none the less. Our journey to the grand final is officially on!

A premiership requires a lot of things but some key things are:
- a good team environment
- team playing well
- good depth
- good mix of youth and experienced
- a well balanced team of organisers, talent/x factor, and hard workers
- several players in career best form.
- a healthy squad with minimal injuries (particularly to key players)

We had all this last year, and I thought it was our best shot, so was gutted when they lost.

Unfortunately this year we have lost some of these key aspects. Injuries alone to 3/4 best players by round 3? Shit me dead.

You can't write them off, but **** me dead, give us a break with injuries.

A premiership requires a lot of things but some key things are:
- a good team environment
- team playing well
- good depth
- good mix of youth and experienced
- a well balanced team of organisers, talent/x factor, and hard workers
- several players in career best form.
- a healthy squad with minimal injuries (particularly to key players)

We had all this last year, and I thought it was our best shot, so was gutted when they lost.

Unfortunately this year we have lost some of these key aspects. Injuries alone to 3/4 best players by round 3? Shit me dead.

You can't write them off, but **** me dead, give us a break with injuries.
It’s been 3 rounds we will be right. Our biggest issue is the bench and second rower/centre cover. Sort them out and the rest will come.

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • broncos4life
  • Battler
  • Midean
  • MrMoore
  • The Don
  • Fozz
  • I bleed Maroon
  • ezpz
  • Dash
  • jd87
  • winslow_wong
  • broncsgoat
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Galah
  • Skathen
  • Horseheadsup
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Volvo Driver
... and 21 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.