SPOILER The dynasty begins: The Brisbane Broncos are winning the 2024 NRL Premiership

If we hold on for 6 weeks, we might have a shot provided we Win 3 and Lose 3. if we lose 5-6, we're done for.

Madden wont get us anywhere so we'll have to play with 12, probably.
Next 3 games:
Cowboys (H)
Storm (A)
Dolphins (H)

Even without Wlash and Hass, we should be able to at least beat the Cowboys and Dolphins.

7 rounds after that:
Raiders (H): should win. They've been good, but against pretty bad opposition.
West Tigers (A): should win. Would be nice to put on 50.
Roosters (H): Hass and Wlash return? Revenge win.
Eels (A): will be tough. But full team should win it.
Sea Eagles (H): toughness depends if Tom is still around.
Titans (H): should win. They've gotten worse.
Bye (H): should hopefully win. Might be tight.

So a lot of winnable games coming up. Even if we lose 3 of them, we'll finish the bye round on 16 points (which would be around 5th - using last years ladder after round 13). Not a bad spot to start our origin period on.

Might drop a few during origin, but for our last 9 rounds we have the easiest run home out of everyone: Dragons, Knights, Bulldogs, Titans, Cowboys, bye, Eels, Dolphins, Storm.

This is our season.

Next 3 games:
Cowboys (H)
Storm (A)
Dolphins (H)

Even without Wlash and Hass, we should be able to at least beat the Cowboys and Dolphins.

7 rounds after that:
Raiders (H): should win. They've been good, but against pretty bad opposition.
West Tigers (A): should win. Would be nice to put on 50.
Roosters (H): Hass and Wlash return? Revenge win.
Eels (A): will be tough. But full team should win it.
Sea Eagles (H): toughness depends if Tom is still around.
Titans (H): should win. They've gotten worse.
Bye (H): should hopefully win. Might be tight.

So a lot of winnable games coming up. Even if we lose 3 of them, we'll finish the bye round on 16 points (which would be around 5th - using last years ladder after round 13). Not a bad spot to start our origin period on.

Might drop a few during origin, but for our last 9 rounds we have the easiest run home out of everyone: Dragons, Knights, Bulldogs, Titans, Cowboys, bye, Eels, Dolphins, Storm.

This is our season.
Shit take that bye round will be a juicy encounter. I have us coming off second best personally. Refs will find a way to **** us over don’t you worry about that.

If we hold on for 6 weeks, we might have a shot provided we Win 3 and Lose 3. if we lose 5-6, we're done for.

Madden wont get us anywhere so we'll have to play with 12, probably.
Next 6 for us is:
- Cows at Suncorp... probably dependent on how cows turn up. They play fast and aggressive... Patty will be the lone ranger in the middle with not much around him in the spine.
- Storm in Melbourne with all their players due back and off a bye... 🙄🙄
- Dolphins... chance of a win here and possible chance of Haas being back (4th week since injury... or is it 4-6 weeks AFTER the surgery??)... Reyno should be back by this game as well??
- Raiders at Suncorp... they'll drag this game into the gutter.. will be all about grinding out a win. Will need Patty, Payne and Reyno to play to the game plan, but absolutely have to convert on our chances. If you get to 20pts against Raiders that should be a win
- Tigers at Campbelltown.. Should be a win surely... only issue being in Shitney on a Saturday night and dew forcing us to play through the middle
- Rorters at home... hopefully we have all the injured players back by this point... if this is the Walsh return game then he will be raring to go

All in all not a bad next 6 games.

Cows and Storm being the two hardest ones and the two we're most likely to be without Haas and Reyno for as well.

I'd almost put the storm game into the hiding to nothing bracket... Hughes taken the early plea so he comes back after the bye on a two week break, Munster will likely come back even if they're saying he's not running yet, most likely the NAS return game as well... they'll basically be full strength with a fair chunk of their big guns fresh as ****, meanwhile we'll have been bashed up from the first 4 weeks.

If we can jag a win against cows with an understrength squad then I think we should be alright until the troops return.

Next 6 for us is:
- Cows at Suncorp... probably dependent on how cows turn up. They play fast and aggressive... Patty will be the lone ranger in the middle with not much around him in the spine.
- Storm in Melbourne with all their players due back and off a bye... 🙄🙄
- Dolphins... chance of a win here and possible chance of Haas being back (4th week since injury... or is it 4-6 weeks AFTER the surgery??)... Reyno should be back by this game as well??
- Raiders at Suncorp... they'll drag this game into the gutter.. will be all about grinding out a win. Will need Patty, Payne and Reyno to play to the game plan, but absolutely have to convert on our chances. If you get to 20pts against Raiders that should be a win
- Tigers at Campbelltown.. Should be a win surely... only issue being in Shitney on a Saturday night and dew forcing us to play through the middle
- Rorters at home... hopefully we have all the injured players back by this point... if this is the Walsh return game then he will be raring to go

All in all not a bad next 6 games.

Cows and Storm being the two hardest ones and the two we're most likely to be without Haas and Reyno for as well.

I'd almost put the storm game into the hiding to nothing bracket... Hughes taken the early plea so he comes back after the bye on a two week break, Munster will likely come back even if they're saying he's not running yet, most likely the NAS return game as well... they'll basically be full strength with a fair chunk of their big guns fresh as ****, meanwhile we'll have been bashed up from the first 4 weeks.

If we can jag a win against cows with an understrength squad then I think we should be alright until the troops return.

I already got tickets to that Storm game too...so we will win.

I already got tickets to that Storm game too...so we will win.
Nervous The Office GIF

Interesting piece on Yahoo Sports….
We can learn one of 2 things here…
1. More Broncos fans read Yahoo than any other team or…
2. It’s only 3 rounds in and everyone needs to chill. We can still smash this and take the title in 2024!!
I’m going with 2!
IMG 1759

Interesting piece on Yahoo Sports….
We can learn one of 2 things here…
1. More Broncos fans read Yahoo than any other team or…
2. It’s only 3 rounds in and everyone needs to chill. We can still smash this and take the title in 2024!!
I’m going with 2!
View attachment 26773
Yahoo sports is the worst sporting news site ever! But in saying that, I approve this message. For anyone with a brain, it's obvious we're going on to win the whole thing this year.

Yahoo sports is the worst sporting news site ever! But in saying that, I approve this message. For anyone with a brain, it's obvious we're going on to win the whole thing this year.
It’s shit @Santa. However if and when they have anything Broncos related, they’re ok by me.

The second half showed there was some fight and character in them. Its not all doom and gloom.

Just cant decide where to put Cobbo if Walsh is out for an extended period.

Its either Oates to wing and Arthars in the centres - Cobbo at fullback, or Cobbo centres and Sailor fullback.
Cobbo definitely centre. Defence is good. He is good..getting better

What happened to the comic panel of the Broncos seasons, that was always lol worthy

Well now that we've got those 5 games out of the way, we should have a clear path to the premiership. Dolphins and Raiders at home, and then we smash the Tigers. Easy wins.

I’m genuinely not feeling it @Santa I think we’re in real trouble, we have no depth….our systems don’t seem to hold up when under pressure and Kev doesn’t have Walsh making him look good….

I’m genuinely not feeling it @Santa I think we’re in real trouble, we have no depth….our systems don’t seem to hold up when under pressure and Kev doesn’t have Walsh making him look good….
Nah have some faith. Half our cap is out injured, yet we still nearly beat our hoodoo team away. Walsh and Hass back soon, and all these newbies will be better for all the experience they're getting.

We win the next 3 games and the ladder looks like this after round 8.

Screenshot 20240404 224023

Nah have some faith. Half our cap is out injured, yet we still nearly beat our hoodoo team away. Walsh and Hass back soon, and all these newbies will be better for all the experience they're getting.

We win the next 3 games and the ladder looks like this after round 8.

View attachment 26993
I need you to talk me off the ledge mate 😂. I still haven’t recovered from last season and it just feels like it’s compounding. I just don’t like how our fill in players don’t seem to understand their roll.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Rambstien
  • Tim K
  • Broncorob
  • Old Mate
  • Financeguy
  • RolledOates
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Bish
  • Foordy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Dazza 92
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • broncos4life
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Fitzy
  • BroncosMan
  • kiwibronco
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.