SPOILER The dynasty begins: The Brisbane Broncos are winning the 2024 NRL Premiership

I need you to talk me off the ledge mate 😂. I still haven’t recovered from last season and it just feels like it’s compounding. I just don’t like how our fill in players don’t seem to understand their roll.
It's a long season. After round 5 last year Panthers had 2 wins, 2 losses and a bye.

I need you to talk me off the ledge mate 😂. I still haven’t recovered from last season and it just feels like it’s compounding. I just don’t like how our fill in players don’t seem to understand their roll.

This will help. When the cavalry returns, we could be looking at this:

1. Walsh
2. Arthars
3. Staggs
4. Cobbo
5. Mariner
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
8. Jensen
9. Walters/Smoothy
10. Haas
11. Piakura
12. Riki
13. Carrigan

14. Smoothy/Mozer
15. Hetherington
16. Willison
17. Te Kura/Oates

The kids are alright man. They will be inconsistent and you aren't getting a full season out of them yet but goodness me, imagine having Hetherington, Willison AND Te Kura coming off the bench at the back end of the season after Jensen, Haas and Carrigan have already laid the platform. If we can manage Xman and Big Ben right, and I am confident Kevvie will, look out at the pointy end of the season. This pack, if fit and firing, will destroy EVERYONE.

1. Walsh
2. Arthars
3. Staggs
4. Cobbo
5. Mariner
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
8. Jensen
9. Walters/Smoothy
10. Haas
11. Piakura
12. Riki
13. Carrigan

14. Smoothy/Mozer
15. Hetherington
16. Willison
17. Te Kura/Oates

The kids are alright man. They will be inconsistent and you aren't getting a full season out of them yet but goodness me, imagine having Hetherington, Willison AND Te Kura coming off the bench at the back end of the season after Jensen, Haas and Carrigan have already laid the platform. If we can manage Xman and Big Ben right, and I am confident Kevvie will, look out at the pointy end of the season. This pack, if fit and firing, will destroy EVERYONE.
Origin around the corner, then we lose them again 😂

I’m genuinely not feeling it @Santa I think we’re in real trouble, we have no depth….our systems don’t seem to hold up when under pressure and Kev doesn’t have Walsh making him look good….

As a comparison to our injury troubles, take Cleary, Edwards, JFH and Liam Martin out of the Panthers side all at the same time ... Even they would struggle to get wins.

Hell they lost to the Storm by 8 (while at almost full strength) and the Storm had some injuries

Yes...well...um...oh look that dog has a fluffy tail!
Cat lover Coming in
black and white meow GIF by hoppip

given how close we got to winning against a full strength storm with 2 of our best players out and another key player out for the second half I think we done very well, we had a very hard early draw and it will get better, but I don't like how many injury's we are picking up.

I agree we have had a hard draw but we lose another 2 games and you are getting into miracle territory to make the top 4. Nrl gave us a hard draw for "ratings" and we'd be destroying it if we had a full team but injuries mean we might need to go on a huuuuge winning streak somewhere in the year to be a chance.
6 losses guarantees top 4, 8 and you're likely top 4. We've had 3 and we have 19 games left. We play the storm and panthers again, plus origin. Sorry to be depressing guys but this is post 2015 all over again. It's a shame bcos this top 17 is the best in the nrl, better then Penrith, but our depth isn't at the same level bcos of the salary cap. What a great system, glad to see all those developments t clubs such as the Roosters and Redcliffe doing so well whilst we get picked at like vultures to a corpse.

I agree we have had a hard draw but we lose another 2 games and you are getting into miracle territory to make the top 4. Nrl gave us a hard draw for "ratings" and we'd be destroying it if we had a full team but injuries mean we might need to go on a huuuuge winning streak somewhere in the year to be a chance.
6 losses guarantees top 4, 8 and you're likely top 4. We've had 3 and we have 19 games left. We play the storm and panthers again, plus origin. Sorry to be depressing guys but this is post 2015 all over again. It's a shame bcos this top 17 is the best in the nrl, better then Penrith, but our depth isn't at the same level bcos of the salary cap. What a great system, glad to see all those developments t clubs such as the Roosters and Redcliffe doing so well whilst we get picked at like vultures to a corpse.

Again nothing has ever been done before ... Until it is done for the first time.

Just by random example, under the old McIntyre finals system, no team that finished in 8th place has ever beaten the minor premiers before, going back decades ... Until the Warriors beat Melbourne. It was then done a couple more times after that.

As long as we're not missing all our key players come finals time ... We easily have the strike power to go on a 4 game run to win the premiership

As long as we're not missing all our key players come finals time ... We easily have the strike power to go on a 4 game run to win the premiership

This!

Also you dont want the team peaking now. The season is long, its in some ways better to get the injuries out and done now.

1. Walsh
2. Arthars
3. Staggs
4. Cobbo
5. Mariner
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
8. Jensen
9. Walters/Smoothy
10. Haas
11. Piakura
12. Riki
13. Carrigan

14. Smoothy/Mozer
15. Hetherington
16. Willison
17. Te Kura/Oates

No other team in the NRL wants to play that team. Just need to get healthy.

This year i reckon the top 4 will be a log jam. We havnt seen the worst from sides like the Cowboys, Dolphins, Sharks, Tigers etc. They won't be racking up convincing wins in the back end of the season i guarantee it. The lads will get us to the finals which is all we need. Then maybe some luck with injuries.

Agree though, not a great start but i dont see how we could do better with the outs we have had. Just sucks

Selfishly I hope Walsh, Staggs, Cobbo all get overlooked for Origin. Would be nice to just lose Patty and Payno...

I reckon Mam might be a smoky as of this minute to jag a spot. All depends on how Munster comes back of course, last night I didn't think he was great but Munster is a Qld lock in for a reason. That said, Mam is coming for him.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • BroncosAlways
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.