SPOILER The dynasty begins: The Brisbane Broncos are winning the 2024 NRL Premiership

Has any team lost to the deadshit Titans and gone on to win the premiership in recent memory?
We lost to the Titans last year in Round 17

Heavily effected by injuries and some odd loses but I still don't rule us out, all we need is some good form and injury luck at the end and we are where we were last year but with more finals experience.

Our big player losses of last year being Herbie and Flegs are arguably covered by better players too(Cobbo and Willison).

All part of the plan. In October we'll look back at this loss and laugh.

All part of the plan. In October we'll look back at this loss and laugh.
All I'm saying is...we'd better be Santa

We'd better be.

Christmas Santa GIF by Death Wish Coffee

I’ve come the realisation that this year is probably not the year. Lost too many players last year and our depth just can’t get the job done. Lots of injuries have also hurt us. We’re still a young team so I’ve got plenty of faith we can still have ourselves a little dynasty but we’ve gotta win one first. With Walsh, Mam, Hass and Carrigan in our side anything is possible.

I’ve come the realisation that this year is probably not the year. Lost too many players last year and our depth just can’t get the job done. Lots of injuries have also hurt us. We’re still a young team so I’ve got plenty of faith we can still have ourselves a little dynasty but we’ve gotta win one first. With Walsh, Mam, Hass and Carrigan in our side anything is possible.
Once our real top 17 are all playing together again, we'll be unstoppable. We'll come good at the end of the year. Still early days.

Once our real top 17 are all playing together again, we'll be unstoppable. We'll come good at the end of the year. Still early days.
I hope you’re right. I think we’re still a good side but not a lot going right for us this year and our bench isn’t really getting it done let alone our edge defence is failing

I just wonder when we will get a chance for a reset.

We had a bye, but Haas, Patty and Cobbo didn't get a break... Walsh missing again through injury and returns for another round of illegal shots in Game 2. Ezra and Piakura didn't play, but they were also not away from the game to reset.

Haas' knee still strapped up and looks to be bothering him, because his workrate is way down. Our go forward is not there at the moment with our main guys redlining and bashed up... I daresay Haas, Patty and Cobbo would be our 3 highest meter eaters for the year, and then probably Jensen.

I think the origin players will be rested for the NZ game (pending whether Cobbo is on the bench or starting) so we potentially don't see the team 'refreshed' and ready to go until Round 18 vs penrith at home.

The rest of the team really need to step it up for the next two games... I think we also need Ezra and Piakura to not be in camp for Origin 2... the game in NZ will be baby broncos and we need Ezra to step up and take some ownership... it's Saturday after origin (because of course the draw would give us **** ALL time post origin to travel to a different country... *****)... so if Ezra and Piakura are away they aren't joining the team until pretty much captain's run and then jumping on a plane.

It's pretty sad when the Bulldogs are playing better than you.

I just wonder when we will get a chance for a reset.

We had a bye, but Haas, Patty and Cobbo didn't get a break... Walsh missing again through injury and returns for another round of illegal shots in Game 2. Ezra and Piakura didn't play, but they were also not away from the game to reset.

Haas' knee still strapped up and looks to be bothering him, because his workrate is way down. Our go forward is not there at the moment with our main guys redlining and bashed up... I daresay Haas, Patty and Cobbo would be our 3 highest meter eaters for the year, and then probably Jensen.

I think the origin players will be rested for the NZ game (pending whether Cobbo is on the bench or starting) so we potentially don't see the team 'refreshed' and ready to go until Round 18 vs penrith at home.

The rest of the team really need to step it up for the next two games... I think we also need Ezra and Piakura to not be in camp for Origin 2... the game in NZ will be baby broncos and we need Ezra to step up and take some ownership... it's Saturday after origin (because of course the draw would give us **** ALL time post origin to travel to a different country... *****)... so if Ezra and Piakura are away they aren't joining the team until pretty much captain's run and then jumping on a plane.
Yea it looks like a tough road ahead, but to since I'm feeling kind, here's some spoilers just for you:
Rounds 15 - 17: includes a bye, we continue to play scrappy though origin affected rounds and injuries. Enough to remain in the 8, but not enough to keep BHQ from a meltdown.
Round 18: everyone is back and firing (except Reynolds), but we completely dominate the Panthers at home to send a message to the rest of the comp that we're back. This also starts 10 weeks of destruction where we only leave qld once.
Round 19 - 23: Dragons, Knights, Bulldogs, Titans & Cowboys. Smash them all.
Round 24: Bye
Round 25 - 27: Reynolds returns and we're back to our 2023 best - destoying the Eels, Dolphins and Storm at Suncorp.

Ladder finishes the regular season looking something like this:

I know your the team leader in the negativity and pessimism department ... but can we have just one fucking thread free from it ... FFS

This thread has already had negativity in it. Get over it.

This thread has already had negativity in it. Get over it.

one fucking thread is all i fucking ask ... it's not too fucking much.

FFS, you have 1000 other fucking threads to take your negativity to!

Active Now

• thenry
  • ostin86
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Skyblues87
  • Big Del
  • FACTHUNT
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Jason Simmons
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.