SPOILER The dynasty begins: The Brisbane Broncos are winning the 2024 NRL Premiership

The Talk of Storm brining a full team out of spite though is the concern, but Surely with the Minor prem locked up they with rotate players for their next two.

Bellamy will rest players next week against Cowboys by all reports.

I can't see him doing it two weeks in a row, though. You run the risk of losing momentum and the players being flat in the first week of the finals.

I can't see him doing it two weeks in a row, though. You run the risk of losing momentum and the players being flat in the first week of the finals.
His reasoning for resting 2 weeks before instead of the final week is dumb as well though.

Doesn't want his players having to fly up to Townsville... except they would have an entire week off the next week heading into the finals... Bellamy playing up a flight to Townsville like they're flying to Vegas and back.

Instead he's going to have his players flying to Brisbane and then risking injuries, HIA's and suspensions that would see them miss week 1 of the finals... whereas a HIA, suspension, etc. against cows would just be served in a game they were going to rest them in anyway.

His motives are clear ego and he either wants to ensure broncos don't make the finals OR he's still pissy about his team getting fucking flogged last year

Can anyone remember a side resting players 2 weeks out from finals instead of the final round? I'm talking resting 7-8 top line players like Melbourne have done in the last round basically every year i can remember?

In my eyes, the reason you rest them isn't necessarily to "rest" them but more to prevent an injury/suspension occurring in the last round before finals. If you have basically a full strength team available in the last round, surely you want them available for round 1 of finals. What's the best way to do that? Don't play them the round before finals.

I genuinely think we will make the finals, but i just cant see us making a dent in them. We have so much wrong with us right now i think the better sides would just put us to the sword. If we werent up against one of the worst teams in the comp last night we would have got beaten most probably.

Saying that, making finals is a pass for Kevvie in my eyes. Still gives him something he can improve on for 2025.
It all depends on the dragons doesn't it. Despite the wins I don't think we are playing any better than we were during our wins at the start of the season however the errors and I'll discipline seem to have stopped which is a positive.

Personally I don't feel as though we are that far away from clicking in attack.

Defence is just pathetic at times and seems to be the one thing that will kill us in the play-offs. The one thing we have going is our forwards are consistently putting in, week in week out. Few misses last night but they all played enormous minutes.

It doesn't look soo unachievable now tbh, Dolphins are going to be behind us now so aslong as Sharks win Tommorow we are only 2 points behind Dragons with a F/A that is way too high for them to catch, just need Parra or Canberra to beat them.

The Talk of Storm brining a full team out of spite though is the concern, but Surely with the Minor prem locked up they with rotate players for their next two.
Hoping the sharks win it for us today (get some momentum off the Dragons too). Parra aren't as bad as their position suggests, and they'll be keen to avoid the spoon. Raiders beat Penrith, so wouldn't put it past them being able to beat the Dragons.

If Melbourne play full strength against us, I hope we destroy their players.

If they do feild full strength against us it goes to show that they veiw us as just a training run to play themselves into form before the finals IMO.

Lets hope Broncos could pull off the upset and bring them down earth a bit if that is the case. That game should be an all out war for us. No excuses to not give our all.

His reasoning for resting 2 weeks before instead of the final week is dumb as well though.

Doesn't want his players having to fly up to Townsville... except they would have an entire week off the next week heading into the finals... Bellamy playing up a flight to Townsville like they're flying to Vegas and back.

Instead he's going to have his players flying to Brisbane and then risking injuries, HIA's and suspensions that would see them miss week 1 of the finals... whereas a HIA, suspension, etc. against cows would just be served in a game they were going to rest them in anyway.

His motives are clear ego and he either wants to ensure broncos don't make the finals OR he's still pissy about his team getting fucking flogged last year

It's their longest flight and the Cowboys are coming off the bye while Storm only has a five day turn around.

Falcons will still be alive net week, by the Broncos game they might not be and Cowboys to Broncos is seven days turn around.

If they rest against the Cowboys, they can have a run against the Broncos into the finals and fine tune things.

It's their longest flight and the Cowboys are coming off the bye while Storm only has a five day turn around.

Falcons will still be alive net week, by the Broncos game they might not be and Cowboys to Broncos is seven days turn around.

If they rest against the Cowboys, they can have a run against the Broncos into the finals and fine tune things.
Hope Bellamy loses 5 players to HIA's and suspensions, and his finals campaign is thrown into disarray... also hope that penrith finish 4th so they're forced to play each other.

Hope Bellamy loses 5 players to HIA's and suspensions, and his finals campaign is thrown into disarray... also hope that penrith finish 4th so they're forced to play each other.

You're right everything could go wrong, and it ends up being too cute and overthought, but the Storm are very good at planning and removing stress from players.

Just one example I know that shows they know how to plan- before the 2020 Grand Final, all the players had to be packed and ready for Sydney so their bags could be driven to Sydney before their flight. That way no lost bags and when they land, they go from the plane to the bus and don't stop- arrive at the hotel and your bag is on your bed.

So even if Dragons lose two, we’re screwed. Our best bet is to hope they lose all 3.

So even if Dragons lose two, we’re screwed. Our best bet is to hope they lose all 3.
Why would they need to lose all 3??

They're on 11 wins, if they lose 2 more they will finish on 12 wins, but their F/A is nearing -100... if we win our last 2 we end up on 12 wins and will have the best F/A of all the teams on 12 wins... unless raiders or newcastle win by 100 at some point.

We saw last night that the refs (including the bunker) are going to make them untouchable leading up to and including the finals. NAS could decapitate someone and it'll be ruled as low force, mitigating circumstances, and that player's neck just DID that.

Why would they need to lose all 3??

They're on 11 wins, if they lose 2 more they will finish on 12 wins, but their F/A is nearing -100... if we win our last 2 we end up on 12 wins and will have the best F/A of all the teams on 12 wins... unless raiders or newcastle win by 100 at some point.

We aren’t beating a full strength Melbourne side. That’s why I said our best bet is them losing all 3.

Active Now

• Skyblues87
  • azza.79
  • Morkel
  • BroncosAlways
  • Astro
  • broncsgoat
  • Xzei
  • Allo
  • Tim K
  • Alec
  • Foordy
  • Wolfie
  • Dash
  • Culhwch
  • MrMoore
  • ettybay
  • Santa
  • Fitzy
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.