SPOILER The dynasty begins: The Brisbane Broncos are winning the 2024 NRL Premiership

I hope we destroy them.

Good, if we beat them, we head in to finals knowing we can beat the best team in it and will have done it the hard way.

**** the cocksuckers do their best to **** with us every step of the way
the Storm modelled themselves on the Broncos and two decades later they’re a football organisation the Broncos can only dream of..

It’s about time the Broncos stopped looking for shortcuts and started looking for ways to become THAT club the Storm once strived to emulate

the Storm modelled themselves on the Broncos and two decades later they’re a football organisation the Broncos can only dream of..

It’s about time the Broncos stopped looking for shortcuts and started looking for ways to become THAT club the Storm once strived to emulate
It’s been pretty clear for many years now the club cares more about memberships and jersey sales than on field results.

Beating Storm our most hated rivals to get into the finals couldn't write a better scenario.

That said, if Walsh isn't playing this is a massive fucking hill to cross.

But still we need to beat dolphins first before we think about this game, and hopefully a dragons loss.

There's alot of other clubs out there who im sure will argue a case similar to mine. But surely we are due some luck and a fairytale soon?

Its been 18 years since a premiership. We've literally lost two grand finals in the last minutes. Lost a preliminary final in the last minutes. Picked up a wooden spoon and been flogged game after game in the Seibold era.

If there really was a football god i think winning the last 3 regular season rounds to scrape into 8th place, then taking out seibolds Manly in week one, followed by knocking out the panthers week 2. Scoring a golden point win against the Roosters in week three then turning in a blistering performance as massive underdogs to roll the storm 30-10 in the grandfinal is a fair result.

Yes its a pipedream but given our 18 years of heartbreak a isn't a fairytale for the ages due?

There's alot of other clubs out there who im sure will argue a case similar to mine. But surely we are due some luck and a fairytale soon?

Its been 18 years since a premiership. We've literally lost two grand finals in the last minutes. Lost a preliminary final in the last minutes. Picked up a wooden spoon and been flogged game after game in the Seibold era.

If there really was a football god i think winning the last 3 regular season rounds to scrape into 8th place, then taking out seibolds Manly in week one, followed by knocking out the panthers week 2. Scoring a golden point win against the Roosters in week three then turning in a blistering performance as massive underdogs to roll the storm 30-10 in the grandfinal is a fair result.

Yes its a pipedream but given our 18 years of heartbreak a isn't a fairytale for the ages due?
I think best case we probably make second week, it just seems like an off year where our best players are injured or underdone, an unlucky season as you will, because outside the elite system's like Melbourne and Penrith your not getting far in the finals otherwise.

Squad wise even though we are weaker than 23 we are still a top 4 team quality wise all fit and firing but we haven't had that for most of the year, so it is what it is.

Yes its a pipedream but given our 18 years of heartbreak an isn't a fairytale for the ages due?
Fairy tales come true if you earn them. Yes we have been unlucky and yes if some luck was on our side we would have won 2 more premierships in those years. However, we dropped the balls, we missed the tackles, we put ourselves in the position where luck was needed to get a result.
Since Lockyer retired whenever the game is on the line, we just haven’t been able get the job done when it matters consistently.
Until the side is willing to get down in the trenches, roll their sleeves up and do the hard work, we will always be reliant on ‘luck’ to break the drought.

Big day today! I've cashed in my father's day present early to allow me to watch the Dragons and our game in peace. Well more peace for my family so they don't hear me going off at the TV.

Yea we deserve it!

Although yes, probably every team that isn't Melbourne, Roosters or Penrith would have a similar sob story.

Active Now

• Skyblues87
  • bb_gun
  • Footy Fanatic
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.