OFFICIAL The Kevolution - (Walters new coach of the Broncos)

Dean Ritchie had an update on NRL Tonight where he summarised everything on this forum about Kevvie getting the role.

I'll stick my neck out here and say Milford will be red hot next year. Not because of the contract year but because Walters will get things cranking.

Would love to see it mate, but he's done his dash with me. Had too many opportunities to regain what he showed in 2015, but for whatever reason, it wasn't to be. Just seemed to me that he couldn't give a flying **** and only pulls his finger out in the year when his contract is ready to be renewed.

Kev could work a miracle, we shall see I guess.

Last edited:
Would love to see it mate, but he's done his dash with me. Had too many opportunities to regain what he showed in 2015, but for whatever reason, it wasn't to be. Just seemed to me that he couldn't give a flying **** and only pulls his finger out in the year when his contract is ready to be renewed.

Chin up matey. You either get to see a fit and firing Milf showing the class which should have won him a Clive Churchill medal, or you get to quote this post and say "mate I told you he was fucked."

He just needs to come back fit, he hasn't been fit since 2016. It is hard to get a guy who has played as many games as him who has lost his drive back. Can certainly live in hope though.

So is the answer to give Milford only 1 year contracts?

No. Because when he starts to stink it up he'll never get dropped. He's like 26, he's had his time to shine.
I thought Kevies's kid was tearing it up for....the tigers(?)

John Cartwright apparently joining the coaching ranks

Badel also saying Kevvie wants to keep Bird at the club, which to me makes sense seeing as we'd have to pay plenty for him to NOT play for us next year.

Last edited:
Not sure how I feel about Cartwright. Certainly wasn’t one of the top options listed and I don’t really think he’s one of the rugby league brains that can help Walters be the best.

Badel also saying Kevvie wants to keep Bird at the club, which to me makes sense seeing as we'd have to pay plenty for him to NOT play for us next year.
Yeah there is no real benefit to releasing Bird or Milford unless we were to somehow snag Cameron Smith or someone of equal value. Bird has only a season to go then the club can move on from him.

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.