OFFICIAL The Kevolution - (Walters new coach of the Broncos)

If you're not already convinced, just imagine all the misspellings of his name sending @Unbreakable off the edge.

I gotta stop reading this thread. My expectations are going to be too damn high.
Happens. Change and expectations. Had that with Seibs to be quite honest and rest is history. Gotta be different with Kevin but hope we don’t put too much pressure on the bloke. Deserves more.

What experience has Petero had in coaching since retiring from playing?

Petero has basically built the current Fijian Rugby league competition over there....he has done a outstanding job helping them develop their own home grown top level competition.

If you want the next Semi or Sivo, Petero would have that knowledge before anyone else...

The Kelvin Giles link is interesting; he was literally light years ahead of anyone else back in the early 90's. The links there with Kevvie seem pretty obvious at face value but i look forward to see what Giles can offer the club going forward...

Last edited:
I dont know his coaching credentials or experience, but in terms of being a mentor and positive example to young players, particularly forwards, you would have a hard job finding someone better.

Coaches are really man managers, you need great assistants too. Kevy will get the hairs on the back of their necks to stand up, if it doesn’t work for some players ship them off.

My son’s boss had dinner with Kevvie last night. Poor guy has only 1 year to prove himself. No wonder he’s not wasting any time waiting for Bellamy to help out. I hope he really succeeds. 👍

some more quotes from Kevvie ... including his expectations (in bold):

“I believe I am good at uniting people and I will unify the Broncos again to be a powerful club,” Walters said.

ZERO TOLERANCE

“Can we make the finals? Of course. Please don’t ask that question ever again,” Walters said.

“This is the Broncos. I won’t tolerate us missing the finals.

“From the day the club was set-up by the four directors, they wanted their team and their players to be proud of the team that the Broncos are and that is my objective, to restore pride back in that Broncos jersey, back at that club.

“There is a lot of talent in this squad and that is not the issue for the Broncos. This club will always produce good players, but the real problem is the lack of unity. I will be fixing that.”

HIS CRITICS

“I don’t care one bit what critics think of me and my coaching,” he said.

“I am a great believer in myself as a coach. I have been down some dry gullies and that’s OK, that happens. But all the experiences I’ve had, from coaching in France, to Melbourne, to the Ipswich Jets, to the Queensland Origin team, it’s shaped the coach I am right now. I have matured a lot. I have a lot of confidence about what I can bring to the Broncos.

“I’ve won six premierships as a player and I’ve won Origin titles as a coach, but I’ve never done it on my own. We need everyone rocking and rolling at the Broncos and it’s up to me as coach to bring it all together.”

CULTURE CLASH

“In my job interview, I told the board that it’s time to unify the club,” he said.

“I haven’t seen Brisbane’s soul this year.

“Everyone had to work together. That was my main message. I see a lot of fractures between staff, players, the admin staff, the board. That should not be the Broncos.

“Rebuild is a trashy word. We have good staff, good players in there, the roster needs some adjusting but that’s not the major problem.

“The Broncos means giving your all every week. I will reinforce to the players it is not just themselves they are playing for. They are playing for all the Broncos fans who spend their money watching us. We will not be selfish. The Broncos were never set up to be that way. They are Queensland‘s club. Queenslanders own them. That’s what we need to get back to.

“I can’t do it all by myself. It’s too big for one person. Nobody in the game can build a club on their own. But if we do it together, we become very powerful.”

D-GRADE DEFENCE

“I’ll be fixing our defence,” he said.

“That’s a key for me. All the great teams that win premierships have great defensive systems.

“Defence is attitude. Yes, you need structures, but ultimately it’s about attitude and that attitude must come from the staff and the players.

“The year we made the 2015 grand final, our defence, particularly on our tryline, was first class. We had that mateship.

“The players need to take some responsibility for the amount of points they have let in, no doubt about that.”

THE LEGACY

“The history of the Broncos, and where we have been, is naturally important,” he said.

“But what’s more important is that this squad makes their own history.

“It’s been 14 years since we’ve won a comp. The legends like Allan Langer, Darren Lockyer, Glenn Lazarus and Shane Webcke are gone. This team needs to write their own history with a new group of legends.

“The most important thing is for this playing group to look at what legacy they want to leave in a Broncos jumper. As a player, you want to win premierships.

“We can’t win every week _ and we won’t. But it’s how you win and lose. That defines what a football club is.

“It‘s time for these Broncos players to write their own piece of history.”

He will also be working on kickoffs.. having said this after QLD lost 38-6 last year.

“The kick-off fucking pissed me off. It didn't go far enough.”

My son’s boss had dinner with Kevvie last night. Poor guy has only 1 year to prove himself. No wonder he’s not wasting any time waiting for Bellamy to help out. I hope he really succeeds. [emoji106]

One year??? To fix a wooden spoon mess of a shit show?

some more quotes from Kevvie ... including his expectations (in bold):

“I believe I am good at uniting people and I will unify the Broncos again to be a powerful club,” Walters said.

ZERO TOLERANCE

“Can we make the finals? Of course. Please don’t ask that question ever again,” Walters said.

“This is the Broncos. I won’t tolerate us missing the finals.

“From the day the club was set-up by the four directors, they wanted their team and their players to be proud of the team that the Broncos are and that is my objective, to restore pride back in that Broncos jersey, back at that club.

“There is a lot of talent in this squad and that is not the issue for the Broncos. This club will always produce good players, but the real problem is the lack of unity. I will be fixing that.”

HIS CRITICS

“I don’t care one bit what critics think of me and my coaching,” he said.

“I am a great believer in myself as a coach. I have been down some dry gullies and that’s OK, that happens. But all the experiences I’ve had, from coaching in France, to Melbourne, to the Ipswich Jets, to the Queensland Origin team, it’s shaped the coach I am right now. I have matured a lot. I have a lot of confidence about what I can bring to the Broncos.

“I’ve won six premierships as a player and I’ve won Origin titles as a coach, but I’ve never done it on my own. We need everyone rocking and rolling at the Broncos and it’s up to me as coach to bring it all together.”

CULTURE CLASH

“In my job interview, I told the board that it’s time to unify the club,” he said.

“I haven’t seen Brisbane’s soul this year.

“Everyone had to work together. That was my main message. I see a lot of fractures between staff, players, the admin staff, the board. That should not be the Broncos.

“Rebuild is a trashy word. We have good staff, good players in there, the roster needs some adjusting but that’s not the major problem.

“The Broncos means giving your all every week. I will reinforce to the players it is not just themselves they are playing for. They are playing for all the Broncos fans who spend their money watching us. We will not be selfish. The Broncos were never set up to be that way. They are Queensland‘s club. Queenslanders own them. That’s what we need to get back to.

“I can’t do it all by myself. It’s too big for one person. Nobody in the game can build a club on their own. But if we do it together, we become very powerful.”

D-GRADE DEFENCE

“I’ll be fixing our defence,” he said.

“That’s a key for me. All the great teams that win premierships have great defensive systems.

“Defence is attitude. Yes, you need structures, but ultimately it’s about attitude and that attitude must come from the staff and the players.

“The year we made the 2015 grand final, our defence, particularly on our tryline, was first class. We had that mateship.

“The players need to take some responsibility for the amount of points they have let in, no doubt about that.”

THE LEGACY

“The history of the Broncos, and where we have been, is naturally important,” he said.

“But what’s more important is that this squad makes their own history.

“It’s been 14 years since we’ve won a comp. The legends like Allan Langer, Darren Lockyer, Glenn Lazarus and Shane Webcke are gone. This team needs to write their own history with a new group of legends.

“The most important thing is for this playing group to look at what legacy they want to leave in a Broncos jumper. As a player, you want to win premierships.

“We can’t win every week _ and we won’t. But it’s how you win and lose. That defines what a football club is.

“It‘s time for these Broncos players to write their own piece of history.”
He's going to have to back the talk but man I love everything he's saying. Bring on Kev.

Kev's words are music to my ears.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Foordy
  • jtupu17
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.