OFFICIAL The Kevolution - (Walters new coach of the Broncos)

My son’s boss had dinner with Kevvie last night. Poor guy has only 1 year to prove himself. No wonder he’s not wasting any time waiting for Bellamy to help out. I hope he really succeeds. 👍

if thats true its damning.....what are we again...?

The Bulldogs...

The West Tigers...???

This is the futile short terms that plagues those clubs and thats why they aren't successful....

How can ANY coach turn this shitshow around in a year......how long did it take the Titans to get where they are now.....their low point was bringing Hayne to the club. That took what, 5 years, to fully overcome..?

As i said, if it's true, then Kevs on a hiding to nothing. I cant understand how they could do this..?

Do we want our coaches to fail?

Sensational to hear that, Giles was a major part of the Broncos early success.

Any chance Corvo could be recruited ?
I hope Giles company has staff and they are younger people with the Giles message and standards. Hate to think it was some minor league 'company' of one, a crazy old coot on some vegan, alternate silliness survivalist trip. Giles must be long in the tooth now? Hope he's got good help.

Only having a year might be truer than some believe because a place like the Broncos, or rather the decision makers there, would definitely be keeping options open.

2022 is just far enough away to plan for despite an unknowable critical variable, KW's results. The board will want an appearance of steadiness and stability and the agility to change direction at will. They'll want all the flexibility they can because they're most likely to be gunshy and I believe, non committal.

My guess is the board has four or five scenarios anticipated including ones with KW as both a success and failure. I just can't see them having struck a rigid deal with KW, an easy and eager candidate who probably would have said "I'll do the season for free if you just give me a chance".

KWs got a chance but the board would hold all the decision making. The only real power KW can increase will be fan power. If he has enormous support at this time, 12 months in the future his bargaining power will lead to updated and more favourable conditions and the Broncos board will still hold the ultimate say.

They could simply say, thanks, job well done. Best of luck in your next role and turn their backs, looking in a new direction.

I don't know where you're getting your info FIH, but I would be absolutely stoked to have Petero involved with the squad.

One of the greatest people to have played rugby league, not just as a player, but as a person as well. A true legend, and a gentleman.
I saw him at the footy this year, mountain of a bloke

yeh I can kinda see where the boards trying to hedge there bets a little with a first time NRL coach...

I think I was a bit too harsh of the contract they offered him, I wasn't looking at both sides....

Huge is right; the club needs to hedge its bets a little here with this appointment...

Robert Craddock just proved on NRL Tonight (30/09 edition) that he reads BHQ.

he just used the term "Kevolution" ... it's catching on
I hope this was said in jest. A very long bow to draw . Hardly a work of genius to come up with it. Lots of people could come up with it. I think the view that journalists steal from this forum is speculative as self fulfilling

Last edited:
I hope this was said in jest. A very long bow to draw . Hardly a work of genius to come up with it. Lots of people could come up with it. I think the view that journalists steal from this forum is speculative as self fulfilling

Are you saying we're not a bunch of geniuses on here? 😮

Only having a year might be truer than some believe because a place like the Broncos, or rather the decision makers there, would definitely be keeping options open.

2022 is just far enough away to plan for despite an unknowable critical variable, KW's results. The board will want an appearance of steadiness and stability and the agility to change direction at will. They'll want all the flexibility they can because they're most likely to be gunshy and I believe, non committal.

My guess is the board has four or five scenarios anticipated including ones with KW as both a success and failure. I just can't see them having struck a rigid deal with KW, an easy and eager candidate who probably would have said "I'll do the season for free if you just give me a chance".

KWs got a chance but the board would hold all the decision making. The only real power KW can increase will be fan power. If he has enormous support at this time, 12 months in the future his bargaining power will lead to updated and more favourable conditions and the Broncos board will still hold the ultimate say.

They could simply say, thanks, job well done. Best of luck in your next role and turn their backs, looking in a new direction.
Great post. Seems like the board might finally be learning. I have a lot of respect for Kevvie taking the role in those conditions. He could have easily just continued on with QLD. I think also there was a clear issue with support staff and the club are rightly not wanting all the eggs in the head coach basket. The while football department needs to be functioning independently from the head coach.

I hope Giles company has staff and they are younger people with the Giles message and standards. Hate to think it was some minor league 'company' of one, a crazy old coot on some vegan, alternate silliness survivalist trip. Giles must be long in the tooth now? Hope he's got good help.
I remember vaguely that giles left dissatisfied with the Broncos management in the 90s. Has lots of experience in Australia and the UK. I am sure it won't be him but younger people he is selecting. Remember as a kid hearing him give players a massive spray at training.

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • FACTHUNT
  • Broncosgirl
  • broncsgoat
  • Wolfie
  • kiwibronco
  • Foordy
  • Fitzy
  • Lurker
  • GCBRONCO
  • The True King
  • Waynesaurus
  • Morepudding
  • Johnny92
  • Jazza
  • Sproj
  • Socnorb
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Bucking Beads
  • barker
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.