OFFICIAL The Kevolution - (Walters new coach of the Broncos)

Some people could say "Walters is saying exactly what siebold said, and saying is not doing". But the thing is Walters had the guts to drop big name origin players that broke curfew. He said it, and he did it, despite the potential backlash.
Next to that, kicking the back sides of a few underperformers in a team with the wooden spoon should be a breeze. He's also shown he can get seemingly ordinary players to perform (qld hasn't exactly been flushed with future immortals of late).
The only question to me is can he sign enough players to fill the gaps in the squad, and will the board let him do what needs to be done? If the answer is yes, we will see greener pastures soon.
Premierships? Maybe not, but to build a team capable you have to start from the bottom and work your way up. If he gets to the anywhere near the top 8, I'd be happy.
If we get a few good signings, who knows?

Last edited:
Walters had the guts to drop big name origin players that broke curfew.

they may be big names now ... they weren't when he did it. in fact, the vast majority of them wouldn't have made the side that year

they may be big names now ... they weren't when he did it. in fact, the vast majority of them wouldn't have made the side that year
I am getting old and the memory isn't what it used to be.
Can anyone put up a list of who these guys were?

I am getting old and the memory isn't what it used to be.
Can anyone put up a list of who these guys were?
Milford, Ben Hunt, Jarrod Wallace, Dylan Napa, Chris Grevsmuhl, Edrick Lee, Valentine Holmes, Cam Munster. It's a while ago now, I don't think any of them were established stars and a dead cert for the squad but with retirements and injuries and whatnot who knows, a few of them might have gotten a run.

Some people could say "Walters is saying exactly what siebold said, and saying is not doing". But the thing is Walters had the guts to drop big name origin players that broke curfew. He said it, and he did it, despite the potential backlash.
Next to that, kicking the back sides of a few underperformers in a team with the wooden spoon should be a breeze. He's also shown he can get seemingly ordinary players to perform (qld hasn't exactly been flushed with future immortals of late).
The only question to me is can he sign enough players to fill the gaps in the squad, and will the board let him do what needs to be done? If the answer is yes, we will see greener pastures soon.
Premierships? Maybe not, but to build a team capable you have to start from the bottom and work your way up. If he gets to the anywhere near the top 8, I'd be happy.
If we get a few good signings, who knows?

The other difference is too is that as a club legend that has achieved on the field what he has, Walters can walk into that joint and immediately have the respect of the playing group which Seibold never had.

Having the clubs DNA instilled inside him, having been a part of the coaching staff and culture at the club previously and having worked with a lot of our current players immediately puts him at an advantage over Seibold. The only thing Seibold ever had over Walters was a years worth of NRL head coaching experience.

Judging by Kevvies comments, he has obviously been keeping a close eye on what’s been happening at the club and has nailed pretty much everything that is currently wrong at the club and will at least know how to start rectifying it. I really hope he is a success.

If any of our current playing group try to get one past Kevvie I reckon they’ll be straight out the door. As a club legend who loves the club, he would not allow the mediocrity that has engulfed the club to continue under his watch. As fans that is all we have ever asked. All I have ever wanted since that 58-0 finals loss is some fucking accountability which never happened and to actually field a team that at least competed in games.

Under Seibold I think I counted only 6 games in 2 seasons I have actually enjoyed watching:

2019 - The win against Cowboys when Pangai had single handedly won us the game by half time, the Roosters win when Segeyaro scored the match winner on his club debut, the win against Cronulla only because we were understrength and had several debuts and won against a full strength opponent and the 22-20 loss to Souths which was actually a half decent game that we gave a good account of ourselves by playing well and almost snatched it at the end before Cook’s grass cutting try saver on Oates.

2020 - Our opening 2 wins and that’s it. Didn’t enjoy the Bulldogs win at home as it was a junk game to watch, no cohesion and we just fell over the line because of the quality of our opponent, however had I known it would be our only win in the last 18 rounds I would have tried to enjoy it much more.

If Kevvie can coach at least 6/24 games next season that I at least enjoy watching us play and compete he has already outdone Seibold.

Milford, hunt and Napa were already fairly well known (hunt and Napa had played in finals, hunt in a grand final I try to forget. Milford was being talked about as the next broncos great.
Munster, jarad wallace and Holmes perhaps no so much at the time, but they weren't unknowns by any stretch.
There were 8 players from the squad sent home. That's a big statement by anyone's measure.

I hope Kevin walks in on day one and says to each player “what have you achieved in the game?” And wait patiently while they answer, twiddling his 6 rings.

That and also, 'Hand up if you think the coach was the problem last year. Keep your hand up if you think someone else was the problem last year as well. Finally, keep your hand up if you think someone else in your position, whether it be second-row, prop, etc was also a bigger problem than you last year. Ok great, see the door, feel free to walk through it and don't come back. How dare you call yourself a Bronco.'

Last edited:
When Kev says he wants us playing an attacking brand of footy, I am immediately reminded of the fast, razzle dazzle play of 2015 when he was an assistant coach. While I would certainly love to see that again, it was bolstered by the brick wall defence coached by Kearney. I hope Walters remembers that, and gets Kearney back in the same role.

When Kev says he wants us playing an attacking brand of footy, I am immediately reminded of the fast, razzle dazzle play of 2015 when he was an assistant coach. While I would certainly love to see that again, it was bolstered by the brick wall defence coached by Kearney. I hope Walters remembers that, and gets Kearney back in the same role.

he'll need to find another brick layer ... Kearney signed with the Storm

He did specifically mention the defence, so Kearney or otherwise I'd expect it to improve next year.

He did specifically mention the defence, so Kearney or otherwise I'd expect it to improve next year.
Yeah I'm pretty sure I read in an interview or watched one where he specifically brings up 2015 and made a point how much of a difference between then and the side of 2020 and how important to get the side back to that standard. The line speed and urgency alone in that side was not just miles ahead of this wooden spoon side, it was on an entirely different planet.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm pretty sure I read in an interview or watched one where he specifically brings up 2015 and made a point how much of a difference between then and the side of 2020 and how important to get the side back to that standard. The line speed and urgency alone in that side was not just miles ahead of this wooden spoon side, it was on an entirely different planet.
The weird thing about 2015 was that our line speed was abnormally slow then too, with the exception of on our goal line. We defended our goal line like demons, but I remember some commentary that year about how we'd eventually get found out by the better teams if we kept on giving up so many easy metres.

Winger/center running out of the line and not sliding has been fucking us the last few years

Kent reckons Lodge is on the chopping block, blames Lodge for steering the playing group wrong this season.

goes on to whinge about how Seibold almost made him captain, but the board and his assistants said no

despite the fact that when Kent went on his rant about sackings being required, Kevvie response (about TPJ and Lodge) was that they were very coachable.

this is the only quote about Lodge from Kevvie, that **** (sorry, i mean Kent) uses in his entire article: “I’m going to sit down with him and see where he is at,”

he does also quote kevvie talking about roster changes:

“There will be some changes next year” he says.

“There will be some big changes too, not just small changes.

“It won’t be player 25 or 26 or 27 being moved on, it will be the other end as well.”

Problem is there’s not much out there to replace them with.

Problem is there’s not much out there to replace them with.

as they mention on NRL360 (and it is probably one of the only things i have ever agreed with them on) contracts mean jack shit in this game. you just need to negotiate around those contracts.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Lurker
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.