OFFICIAL The Kevolution - (Walters new coach of the Broncos)

I've never been a fan of Lodge, as well as Offa.

I respect Lodge turning his life around on a personal level but Offa and him are too slow for today's modern day front rower.

They are slow to cart the ball up, can't move laterally very well, aren't agile and are penalty magnets.

We need agile front rowers who have a bit of speed, foot work, who can get us a quick PTB, who aren't prone to being baited and give away cheap penalties.

Also, we need to be better defensively around the ruck and these 2 blokes don't cut the mustard.

Kevvie should get rid of them.

I've never been a fan of Lodge, as well as Offa.

I respect Lodge turning his life around on a personal level but Offa and him are too slow for today's modern day front rower.

They are slow to cart the ball up, can't move laterally very well, aren't agile and are penalty magnets.

We need agile front rowers who have a bit of speed, foot work, who can get us a quick PTB, who aren't prone to being baited and give away cheap penalties.

Also, we need to be better defensively around the ruck and these 2 blokes don't cut the mustard.

Kevvie should get rid of them.

i agree about Ofa. he hasn't been good.

but a fully fit Lodge is an asset ... although if Kevvie does get rid of him, i doubt we'll need to pay any freight on our cap next season. he'll have plenty of suitors

Kent reckons Lodge is on the chopping block, blames Lodge for steering the playing group wrong this season.

goes on to whinge about how Seibold almost made him captain, but the board and his assistants said no

despite the fact that when Kent went on his rant about sackings being required, Kevvie response (about TPJ and Lodge) was that they were very coachable.

this is the only quote about Lodge from Kevvie, that **** (sorry, i mean Kent) uses in his entire article: “I’m going to sit down with him and see where he is at,”

he does also quote kevvie talking about roster changes:

“There will be some changes next year” he says.

“There will be some big changes too, not just small changes.

“It won’t be player 25 or 26 or 27 being moved on, it will be the other end as well.”
So Kunt has an agenda against Lodge and wants to get him sacked.

I call BS on Lodge apparently being a voice that steered the playing group wrong... whatever the **** that's meant to mean.

Carrigan and Riki both indicated in their interview that it was Lodge during the preseason that kept them on track by reminding them of how the 2019 season ended and whatever pain they were feeling now was nothing compared to getting flogged 58-0.

So apparently the guy whipping the team and setting standards is a bad influence... Or does fuckwit Kunt just want a trophy on his wall??

Last edited:
Kent is a tabloid, ambulance chasing news maker. He doesn't report the news, he drives agendas, prints a statement as a fact, and I wouldn't be surprised if quotes himself in his own articles. In that Walters interview, Kent was trying to bait Kevin with inflammatory and nasty assertions. He wasn't trying to help the situation, or be a reporter. He was trying to put words in his mouth and then use it as a source. He is like that corrupt cop, that breaks your tail light, and fines you for it. Surprised the CCP hasn't head hunted him. Propaganda and controlling narratives is his thing.

The difference between a good coach and Seibold is that Walters won’t come in with a specific list of players to sack, putting half the team offside before he even steps through the door. That’s why he wants to talk with each player to see where they’re at before deciding if they stay or if they go. He might come across goofy but he’s not an idiot and knows how to deal with a playing groups morale.

Not sure how Lodge is the problem in this side. I think that’s a bit tough on a bloke who looks to have turned his life around (looking from the outside in).
He no longer drinks, and hasn’t since joining the Broncos. Probably something a few blokes at this club could also take on board..
You cannot blame TPJ’s, Offa’s or Roberts off-field issues on Lodge. Lodge was a WB project who has stayed on at the club as he believes he owes something back. It’s just the usual Kent stirring stories around the Broncos.
Im not saying it would be all bad if Lodge were to move on, but I’d rather see players like Offa or Oates move on before everyone starts blaming Lodge for the past couple of seasons.

Not that there is any substance to what Kent has said but i agree with most people that there are other's who you would think would be moved on before Lodge.

In saying this, i can see an avenue where lodge could move on. Obviously he's a Sydney boy and can see him wanting to get back there one day. Similarly with SOS who is his brother in law. If Kevvie has been talking to a big name behind the scenes and has someone lined up i could see a situation where the bulldogs who have just offloaded players take both Lodge and SOS off our hands we get a new signing.

All speculative but i would say if any forward is going to be moved on that's how i see it played out.

Moving someone like Lodge or TPJ on.. ie: someone who is actually a saleable asset unlike our dead wood, would be a great move if we can secure what we actually need such as a quality spine player.

tbh I can see the sense in moving on lodge and offa and signing someone like tolman.

get the experience, similar output (comparative to lodge at least), save some dosh.

tbh I can see the sense in moving on lodge and offa and signing someone like tolman.

get the experience, similar output (comparative to lodge at least), save some dosh.
Agree with moving Lodge on. He is rumoured to be on close to 700k. We could get someone to do as good a job for around 400k but not Tolman.

Agreed agreed agreed.

I wonder if Dogs are looking to get rid of Napa.. It'd be risky but we could swap Lodge for him and hope that Napa can get back to how he was playing for Roosters when he was taking on Surgess. When in form, he can dominate a game with his relentless physicality. (He's also a Queenslander)

Last edited:
Agreed agreed agreed.

I wonder if Dogs are looking to get rid of Napa.. It'd be risky but we could swap Lodge for him and hope that Napa can get back to how he was playing for Roosters when he was taking on Surgess. When in form, he can dominate a game with his relentless physicality. (He's also a Queenslander)

He is also incredibly inconsistent and on a huge wage.

He is also incredibly inconsistent and on a huge wage.

Agree. They are both over paid. It would be better just for Dogs to take Lodge and leave us with the cap space.

I don’t think losing Lodge is a great move. The guy tried to come back early from a partial ACL to help the team and got injured again unfortunately. Yes he’s probably on a little bit of overs, but he’s still only 26 next year. Obviously it would be nice if he had another 100 games under his belt for his age, but why get rid of someone who is about to enter ‘prime prop years’?

Like a couple of other blokes, he needs to (re-) develop that hard edge, but I can understand why he may be reluctant to bring back the angry.

I think we should keep him for the rest of his contract at this stage

I don’t think losing Lodge is a great move. The guy tried to come back early from a partial ACL to help the team and got injured again unfortunately. Yes he’s probably on a little bit of overs, but he’s still only 26 next year. Obviously it would be nice if he had another 100 games under his belt for his age, but why get rid of someone who is about to enter ‘prime prop years’?

Like a couple of other blokes, he needs to (re-) develop that hard edge, but I can understand why he may be reluctant to bring back the angry.

I think we should keep him for the rest of his contract at this stage
Logically speaking you're spot on from a purely footballing perspective. The only caveat I'd mention is that the new six again rules are probably going to make him a little less effective than he has been previously, but that remains to be really proven as he barely played a game under those rules in 2020.

That begs the question then, if it isn't his football that's the issue, what is it? Perhaps it's an attitude thing, but honestly the most obvious solution is probably the correct one, and in this instance the most obvious reason we could have for looking to move Lodge on would almost certainly be salary cap related.

If they've decided they need to create more breathing space under the cap, I could probably appreciate why Lodge might be a target to be shopped around. I'm not certain I'd agree with it myself, but I can at least understand why he would be a candidate. He's on really good money, he's potentially a little unsuited to the new rules, he's got history in Sydney and he's one of the few guys on our roster who could probably be taken off our hands without us needing to cover a big chunk of his salary. That's a lot of boxes ticked if the priority for us right now is clearing up some space in the cap.

Last edited:
Don't agree with losing Lodge, he had injury issues this year made worse by us playing him too early, he was a rep level forward the year before, it's not easy replacing that.

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • marw
  • Manofoneway
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.