OFFICIAL The Kevolution - (Walters new coach of the Broncos)

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Read an article by Melbourne storm fan boy Roy masters today. Best thing I read was news Corp are doing all this to make it more appealing to sell. YES PLEASE. The negatives have far outweighed the positives of having them own us. They hammer us in the media, absolutely hammer us...
That would be a dream come true. I love the Broncos but I fucking hate News Corp with a passion. If I wasn't already a rusted on fan there's no way I'd support the club with the shit stains that own it.

Last edited:

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Player
This whole..

"the fact that they're getting a director of coaching shows how much faith they have in Kev" narrative is just bullshit

This is a genius move. This is new age and the way NRL clubs should run.

A guy at the top who is like a GM, making roster and pathways decisions, setting up strong foundations - all the while you have a passionate and perfect for team culture Head Coach who works tactics and personalities...

Makes so much more sense!

Kevvie just needs to do what he needs to with the team he's provided. I love it! Means that for every next player who's ready to move on, Belly has already forged the pathways for a newcomer to be promoted through the ranks, ready to go - just like they do in Melbourne

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
🌏
What have you got against Ikin? Seems like a top bloke with integrity to me

Oh, nothing really. I'm sure he's a good man. I just thought it was amusing how smug and coy he was acting a month or two ago whenever somebody would bring up the job on NRL 360.

I think he felt that if he was willing to give away his gig at Fox for the Broncos that we'd give him a blank cheque to write his own salary.

FaithinHook

NRL Player
Only disappointing part about this whole thing was how Kevvie's appointment has been announced, through friggin Buzz Rothfield breaking the news.

Would have been much more appropriate (and memorable) if Karl and Whitey (or that Adam Walsh fella) had organised with Kayla for there to be a 'Coach Reveal' last Thursday night after Darius and Kayla had finished theirs. Blue dust for Kevvie, and green dust for Greeny. They could have even organised for Seibs to come in and kick the little plastic football.

The players would have all been crying tears of joy for sure!

Last edited:

Jedhead

NRL Player
First up, welcome aboard Kevvie. Everything comes to he who waits eh! If Michael Hagan could be persuaded to get on board as an assistant coach I'd hope the board would see this as a very strong move. I would then leave it up to the new CEO to sit down with Kevvie to identify a younger up and coming coach to act as the second assistant. This second appointment would then be groomed to take over from Kevvie in a proper pathways program.

Should the younger assistant prove to be not up to the task they can always swap him out at their leisure. But we need to ensure we have proper structures in place to make future transitions as seamless as possible. This current board of directors have proved to be incapable of organising even the basics of a club.

For now, the biggest priority for Kevvie is identifying who is responsible for the leaks to the media as this is the quickest way to destabilise his position.

Stu_9

NRL Player
Well done, Kevvie. All the best - really, really hope you have success as you deserve the opportunity!

As for Bellamy, I want to see him here but this rat that we have leaking shit to the media every time something is being spoken at a high level needs to go.
This type of thing is what will make Bellamy backflip *if* anything has been discussed or verbally agreed on.
Hopefully Bellyache is here, I can actually see things changing in a positive manner if he is overseeing this playing group.
There would certainly be some nervous players, and that's a great thing!

Last edited:

Gaz

NRL Player
along with guys like Parker and Hodges, i think he needs some experience as his right hand man ... someone like Neil Henry would be a good addition to the coaching team.
Having Henry sitting in the coaches box beside Kevin is a must. Mention was made that it was part of the interview process to nominate an intended team of assistants. Therefore I assume Kevin's team is strong and Henry maybe more than a chance. I'm certain Stubbs will be in there somewhere as well.

Gaz

NRL Player
Only disappointing part about this whole thing was how Kevvie's appointment has been announced, through friggin Buzz Rothfield breaking the news.

Would have been much more appropriate (and memorable) if Karl and Whitey (or that Adam Walsh fella) had organised with Kayla for there to be a 'Coach Reveal' last Thursday night after Darius and Kayla had finished theirs. Blue dust for Kevvie, and green dust for Greeny. They could have even organised for Seibs to come in and kick the little plastic football.

The players would have all been crying tears of joy for sure!
If Kevvie is pissed off at how it was announced imagine how Green feels if he didn’t know.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markrobert123

Twitter