OFFICIAL The Kevolution - (Walters new coach of the Broncos)

TBF to Glenn, he didn't get much of a chance to captain the side ... as soon as he was named captain, he was struck down with injury after injury.

maybe the football gods like him
Glenn hid that entire season whether it was his fault or not... Gutho carried the eels last night and at the end If the game he pulled the team in and they took ACCOUNTABILITY together... he was one of the best 3 players on the paddock and ultimately he deserved a lot more than the effort the rest of his team chucked up in that second half... but regardless he pulled the team in as one and continued his role whereas in my opinion Glenn just sulked and hid

All this talk about Kevvies intention to make Milf captain could just be clever man management from the coach ?

Showing support to your main playmaker sounds like a sensible thing to do, especially seeing as though we have limited options to replace him with for next season.

Walters has said all along he knows how to get the best out of Milf, lets cut him some slack and see if he really can do as he says.

Milf as captain could be a genius move, small chance maybe, but what is the downside risk compared with changing nothing and hoping things improve.

Last edited:
Milf as captain could be a genius move, small chance maybe, but what is the downside risk compared with changing nothing and hoping things improve.

Milf wont be captain, the daydream can stop now.

Whether he’s captain or not, he’ll be adding another Paul Morgan to his trophy cabinet next year

How is he wrong. Milf may as well be mute... he is invisible and silent when the team need senior players to stand up
We need some distraction from the pre season headlines of how fit Milf is and he is ready for his best season ever.. This might just work.. But the captain cupboard is looking mighty bare.

The Kevolution beats Piesolation so far..

Why are we even talking about this like Badel has some inside knowledge of any sort??

Walters: On Milford:
“Someone has to step up as a leader and Anthony is the one guy I am looking to,” Walters said.
“I will be talking to ‘Milf’ about it over the break. He has played almost 200 games and he needs to lead.
“I am very aware of the talents of Anthony Milford. My job and our staff’s job is to bring him into the player that we know he can be.
“He has instincts that not many players have. We are watching Cody Walker tear apart teams for Souths at the moment and I believe Anthony can do that for the Broncos.
“He is a special player.”
He is clearly talking about wanting Milf to be the leader in the halves... i.e. Milf has 200 games and he needs him to take ownership of the attack to reduce the pressure on Dearden

Walters: On Glenn
“Alex Glenn is the captain as it stands and that’s fine,” he said.
“Alex has been a great player for the Broncos and he is a good leader.

Walters: On the captaincy in general
“But having said that, I need to get in myself and work personally with the guys to decide who I see as our best leaders and then I will make decisions around that.
“As for our captain, I won’t be doing anything officially in that space until February or March. I want to get into the job and watch the whole squad in pre-season and assess guys day by day and see who are the best leaders there.
“I‘m taking an open mind on the captaincy. I will be having a good look at every player and then I will make a final decision in consultation with a number of key people at the club.”
Literally indicates that he is waiting until end of preseason to name his captain... if there is any change at all

Milford on his potential elevation to the captaincy
“I wouldn’t say no to anything. If it happens, it happens.
“I’m happy with the role I’m playing at the moment.
“I see myself as a leader that’s not in the leadership group.
“I’m almost up to 200 games. I’ve played a bit of footy. I’d like to think I know a bit about it and have some knowledge about the game.
“Consistency plays a massive part in that. I know I need to be better. That’s one thing I’ll be working on next year.”
The point at which Petey B realises he can spew some shit for a click bait story and starts asking Milf questions about potentially being captain.

Petey B: "Kevvie how do see Milf fitting into the team?"
Kevvie:...
Petey B: "Have you thought about the captaincy?"
Kevvie:...
Petey B: "Milf do you have any thoughts about being captain?"

Petey B then proceeds to spew pure shit for clicks

The only thing of interest there is that Kevvie and Milf use almost the exact same wording in the quotes ("almost 200 games", being a leader, etc.) suggesting that Kevvie and Milf have been speaking... shows that wheels are in motion and Kevvie is getting in touch with the playing group

All this talk about Kevvies intention to make Milf captain could just be clever man management from the coach ?

Showing support to your main playmaker sounds like a sensible thing to do, especially seeing as though we have limited options to replace him with for next season.

Walters has said all along he knows how to get the best out of Milf, lets cut him some slack and see if he really can do as he says.

Straight out of the Wayne Bennett man managing manual

Straight out of the Wayne Bennett man managing manual
Lewis, Langer, Walters, Lockyer notice a pattern here guys? players you could throw into the fire and handle the pressure and they weren't the type to go MIA when things got rough. Even watching footage of Lockyer from his debut season in 1995 against Western Suburbs you would think he would be a seasoned playmaker and leader in the side through what he could do. Compare that to Milford who is now well into his career and I just don't see him as captain material and he has had a considerable amount of time to get to that stage, the disturbing trend of the past two seasons where he has been by and large MIA isn't a great case for captaincy. I think he has enough on his own plate to deal with quite frankly. You want him to be captain? Worry about his own game first then go there, another mediocre year and he probably won't even be at the club anyway.

Last edited:
Have had experience with people not putting in and virtually hating authority (not saying this is Milfs case but he’s not giving 100%) being given some authority therefor some responsibility and straightens them up no end. May well be the key to the Milf puzzle. Let’s face it, with all due respect and sadly, being a Broncos captain is no longer as prestigious as it once was.

Have had experience with people not putting in and virtually hating authority (not saying this is Milfs case but he’s not giving 100%) being given some authority therefor some responsibility and straightens them up no end. May well be the key to the Milf puzzle. Let’s face it, with all due respect and sadly, being a Broncos captain is no longer as prestigious as it once was.
Not in favour of this as the Broncos Captaincy is something that should be earned not just given as an encouragement to step up.
It is not currently as prestigious as it was and handing it out unearned will not help get any of its former prestige back.

The flip side of course is while they may have the knowledge, experience or skill to deserve to be in that position, you need someone who will grab a team and say ‘come with me everyone’ and be a leader, not just wear the title.

I don’t see Milf as that guy and while I back Kev, if he were to give it to Milford and we have another dogshit year, it won’t be a good look for him

He captained the shit out of Samoa a few years back.

Kevie is just trying to make the best out of the hand he's been dealt.

If the Broncos are going to be competitive in 2021, they need Milford to be at his best. Under Seibold, Milford was on the outer and they were beginning the transition into a Niu/Dearden/Croft/Paix spine even though none of them were ready for the responsibility. Seibs was trying his best to harness whatever he could out of Milford, but it just wasn't working. The team struggled to give Milf any good ball to bring his running game into play and Milford came out of Covid out of shape. Which was a shame because during the pre-season he was in the best shape of his career since 2016.

It really is a make or break season for Milford. Either way, he won't be a million dollar player after this season, but if things go badly he could find himself in Super League.

Kevie is just trying to make the best out of the hand he's been dealt.

If the Broncos are going to be competitive in 2021, they need Milford to be at his best. Under Seibold, Milford was on the outer and they were beginning the transition into a Niu/Dearden/Croft/Paix spine even though none of them were ready for the responsibility. Seibs was trying his best to harness whatever he could out of Milford, but it just wasn't working. The team struggled to give Milf any good ball to bring his running game into play and Milford came out of Covid out of shape. Which was a shame because during the pre-season he was in the best shape of his career since 2016.

It really is a make or break season for Milford. Either way, he won't be a million dollar player after this season, but if things go badly he could find himself in Super League.
One of the first things kevvie needs to change is our forwards changing direction, crabbing across field and looking for space instead of working to a position so the halves have a chance to put a play on.
This happened too many times this season and is one of the reasons our attack was so disjointed.
Milf will be back to his best next year once the forwards get their act together.

Last edited:

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Midean
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • KateBroncos1812
  • winslow_wong
  • Allo
  • Organix
  • westy316
  • Bronx48
  • Dash
  • BroncosMan
  • Volvo Driver
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Foordy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Bucking Beads
  • Jazza
  • Xzei
  • Footy Fanatic
... and 29 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.