OFFICIAL The Kevolution - (Walters new coach of the Broncos)

Did Glenn ever get his seat at the table on who would be coach?

‘king’ gutho is a complete construction of NSW RL media. The bloke is as average as average.. tries his guts out and is still just so subpar at every aspect of the game except for support play. He’s never won or accomplished anything but they talk him up like he’s the new age Sterling over there in Parra.

Hasn't won anything because he's at Parra. Disagree on the rest though - he is freakish at times, just not terribly consistent. Something dumb about him though, to be sure.

--

On Milford/captaincy - might be the last roll of the dice to get him to live up to his potential. His development here was fucked by not getting an experienced 7 beside him for a long period of time, so this is truly lead the team or leave. I don't mind it, if it backfires then ship him off, no regrets.

‘king’ gutho is a complete construction of NSW RL media. The bloke is as average as average.. tries his guts out and is still just so subpar at every aspect of the game except for support play. He’s never won or accomplished anything but they talk him up like he’s the new age Sterling over there in Parra.
i think there’s an element of truth to this but you’re probably selling him a bit short. CLINT can play

Haha I thought you wrote **** not CLINT but Joey would stick his old fella in either one. He loves the crack!

Last edited:
here are some quotes from Kevvie to add some context:

Walters: On Milford:

“Someone has to step up as a leader and Anthony is the one guy I am looking to,” Walters said.

“I will be talking to ‘Milf’ about it over the break. He has played almost 200 games and he needs to lead.

“I am very aware of the talents of Anthony Milford. My job and our staff’s job is to bring him into the player that we know he can be.

“He has instincts that not many players have. We are watching Cody Walker tear apart teams for Souths at the moment and I believe Anthony can do that for the Broncos.

“He is a special player.”

Walters: On Glenn

“Alex Glenn is the captain as it stands and that’s fine,” he said.

“Alex has been a great player for the Broncos and he is a good leader.

Walters: On the captaincy in general

“But having said that, I need to get in myself and work personally with the guys to decide who I see as our best leaders and then I will make decisions around that.

“As for our captain, I won’t be doing anything officially in that space until February or March. I want to get into the job and watch the whole squad in pre-season and assess guys day by day and see who are the best leaders there.

“I‘m taking an open mind on the captaincy. I will be having a good look at every player and then I will make a final decision in consultation with a number of key people at the club.”

Milford on his potential elevation to the captaincy

“I wouldn’t say no to anything. If it happens, it happens.

“I’m happy with the role I’m playing at the moment.

“I see myself as a leader that’s not in the leadership group.

“I’m almost up to 200 games. I’ve played a bit of footy. I’d like to think I know a bit about it and have some knowledge about the game.

“Consistency plays a massive part in that. I know I need to be better. That’s one thing I’ll be working on next year.”

'I like to think of myself as being a superstar even though I'm not in the superstar category.'

If Milford is made captain, it will really show why Kevvie shouldn't be allowed to make important decision.

So embarrassing that Milford is a million dollar half nearing 200 games and others are still talking about how to get he best out of him and debating whether he’s captain material lmao

If it hasn’t happened by now it’s never going to but good luck

If Milford is made captain, I’ll get an erection that may never end

you won't have to worry about that ... because by Kevvies own words, he is going to wait until the end of the pre-season to appoint his captain after he has assessed everyone's leadership qualities ... and Milford has no leadership qualities

you won't have to worry about that ... because by Kevvies own words, he is going to wait until the end of the pre-season to appoint his captain after he has assessed everyone's leadership qualities ... and Milford has no leadership qualities
You’re wrong

I'm not sure how I feel about this, if it turns out to be accurate.

On one hand, I think being promoted to captain is something that would actually make Milford a better player. Unlike other players who would be mentally overwhelmed by captaining a team and controlling a team around the park, I think it would actually benefit Milford. He's a confidence player, we all know that, if he's given the captaincy he'll know for absolute certain that Kev has his back, which could completely free him to start playing some real footy again.

On the other hand, he's been so poor the last couple of seasons that it seems unjustified to reward him in any way.

I'm all-in on Walters, whatever decision he makes, I'll support.
Yeah I agree their are some positives too it but the 3 huge negatives are... It’s unjustified, he is way too quiet and lastly if he continues to play rubbish we’re in a position where we can’t drop him similar to the Boyd situation

I reckon that is a clear sign that Glenn is on the outer

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Lozza
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Wolfie
  • porouian
  • Midean
  • Dash
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Bronx48
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Fozz
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Allo
  • winslow_wong
  • FACTHUNT
  • Organix
  • Galah
  • Fitzy
  • Alec
  • Foordy
... and 22 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.