OFFICIAL The Kevolution - (Walters new coach of the Broncos)

Defintely comes off as a mad scientist if true.

Worked for JT at the cows. Definitely made him mature and take more control of the team. Bumper was there to help though.

Maybe a Milford/Lodge combo could work

I'm not sure how I feel about this, if it turns out to be accurate.

On one hand, I think being promoted to captain is something that would actually make Milford a better player. Unlike other players who would be mentally overwhelmed by captaining a team and controlling a team around the park, I think it would actually benefit Milford. He's a confidence player, we all know that, if he's given the captaincy he'll know for absolute certain that Kev has his back, which could completely free him to start playing some real footy again.

On the other hand, he's been so poor the last couple of seasons that it seems unjustified to reward him in any way.

I'm all-in on Walters, whatever decision he makes, I'll support.

That sounds good in theory I guess, but it's up to the players to actually fix these things. It's not going to be a magical fix, they are going to need to want to do that. The coach can only really just inspire them or try to convince them.
I don't think Haas quite got his point across very well there I don't think he means Kev comes in and it's magically fixed but what I think it does confirm is the boys felt very much so from the get go that Seibold didn't have the charisma or emotion for them to get on board, we may have made the finals of 2019 but the signs were very much there things were heading south before that Eels finals game, we crawled over the line with last round results going our way, outside of that we were better then in 2020 but no by much and I wonder where we would have been with the rule changes in place then.

I agree it's definitely upto the players to get on board and fix things, I'm just glad we didn't go the path of installing another charismaless Seibold clone because the chances of that happening would be next to nothing. Kevie can't do it all his own, but what he does provide for them is real emotion, a real attachment to the club both as as a player and in coaching ranks and if you want the boys to develop pride in the jersey I think Kevie is perfect for the job.

here are some quotes from Kevvie to add some context:

Walters: On Milford:

“Someone has to step up as a leader and Anthony is the one guy I am looking to,” Walters said.

“I will be talking to ‘Milf’ about it over the break. He has played almost 200 games and he needs to lead.

“I am very aware of the talents of Anthony Milford. My job and our staff’s job is to bring him into the player that we know he can be.

“He has instincts that not many players have. We are watching Cody Walker tear apart teams for Souths at the moment and I believe Anthony can do that for the Broncos.

“He is a special player.”

Walters: On Glenn

“Alex Glenn is the captain as it stands and that’s fine,” he said.

“Alex has been a great player for the Broncos and he is a good leader.

Walters: On the captaincy in general

“But having said that, I need to get in myself and work personally with the guys to decide who I see as our best leaders and then I will make decisions around that.

“As for our captain, I won’t be doing anything officially in that space until February or March. I want to get into the job and watch the whole squad in pre-season and assess guys day by day and see who are the best leaders there.

“I‘m taking an open mind on the captaincy. I will be having a good look at every player and then I will make a final decision in consultation with a number of key people at the club.”

Milford on his potential elevation to the captaincy

“I wouldn’t say no to anything. If it happens, it happens.

“I’m happy with the role I’m playing at the moment.

“I see myself as a leader that’s not in the leadership group.

“I’m almost up to 200 games. I’ve played a bit of footy. I’d like to think I know a bit about it and have some knowledge about the game.

“Consistency plays a massive part in that. I know I need to be better. That’s one thing I’ll be working on next year.”

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • FACTHUNT
  • Allo
  • Fitzy
  • kiwi2
  • KateBroncos1812
  • broncsgoat
  • Robboi_321
  • Brocko
  • Xzei
  • Tmac
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Bish
  • Harry Sack
  • Fatboy
  • Foordy
  • Mister Wright
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.