OFFICIAL The Kevolution - (Walters new coach of the Broncos)

Huge

State of Origin Captain
Ipswich
And the boydism....its just a game😳
Sorry, it is just a game. Boyd had it in perspective. Even involved at the highest level he didn't live his life vicariously through the game as so many fans do. Besides, his quote is not given it's proper context, it was after all used when describing rabid fans attacking players ,coaches, referees and their families and how these 'rabid' fans attached way too much significance to what in my opinion is 'just a game'.

Petch67

Banned User
Sorry, it is just a game. Boyd had it in perspective. Even involved at the highest level he didn't live his life vicariously through the game as so many fans do. Besides, his quote is not given it's proper context, it was after all used when describing rabid fans attacking players ,coaches, referees and their families and how these 'rabid' fans attached way too much significance to what in my opinion is 'just a game'.
Dont be sorry

Huge

State of Origin Captain
Ipswich
Rugby league is a simple game. I think we will be getting back to that fairly quickly.
WB often said that and I'd agree with you and WB on that score. Pretty sure KW will do a Holbrook/Bellamy/WB and simplify each role.

I'd do the same too and as I've suggested in the past I'd start my simplified rehearsal quite slowly. Slow motion in fact and then building speed knowing players would know exactly where they need to be because they'd rehearsed the role at a more leisurely pace.

When I learned a new piece on the piano it was always slowly at first, building familiarity and then gradually building tempo but only AFTER nailing each bar. Even the pieces marked 'allegro vivace' (172-176 bpm) are practised slowly at first.

Cult3

State of Origin Captain
Well, in the correct context Darius used that quote, he is spot on. It just gets twisted into a stick to beat him with and it really doesnt need to be, there are plenty of valid ways to have a pop at Boyd without using that.
I can’t believe that even after the context has been described in detail that people still run with the “Boyd doesn’t take the game seriously” narrative.

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Rep
I can’t believe that even after the context has been described in detail that people still run with the “Boyd doesn’t take the game seriously” narrative.

Its a convenient go to .......but as Wolfie said, there's lots of other things to have a stab at Darius about without relying on that.

Cult3

State of Origin Captain
Its a convenient go to .......but as Wolfie said, there's lots of other things to have a stab at Darius about without relying on that.
Exactly. And considering every single one of those things are repeated in almost every thread on here, why do they need to fall back on the dumbest and most dishonest one so often?

Caniffe

NRL Player
First team bonding project is to build a boat. But seriously, it doesn’t feel like there’s enough time in one pre-season to fix seibolds mess. Everyone needs to be patient with Kevvie

Can’t build a boat. We burnt them when Siebs arrived - all the wood is gone

Mightybroncs2k17

QCup Player
Love Kevvie's radio interview yesterday they asked him if there was any news on the roster. His response was ""yeah apparently I'm getting rid of 9 players which is news to me" they then asked if anyone has been tapped on the shoulder and he said no.

Interview link here. Its mostly about footy in general. Seems to have a really good personaity in these interviews. No fake lip service shit. I like it.

soup

State of Origin Captain
T’ba
Kev is gonna get a leg up by the media as he’s worked with and amongst them over the years. Helps no end.

abashii

NRL Player
Deep Didgeridoo
Love Kevvie's radio interview yesterday they asked him if there was any news on the roster. His response was ""yeah apparently I'm getting rid of 9 players which is news to me" they then asked if anyone has been tapped on the shoulder and he said no.

Interview link here. Its mostly about footy in general. Seems to have a really good personaity in these interviews. No fake lip service shit. I like it.

That's a really good listen, thanks for the link. Every time I hear Kevvie speak about football it's clear he has the knowledge, the experience and the passion for the game. It truly makes me wonder how even the gaggle of incompetent numpties who run the Broncos managed to talk to both him and Pies and came away thinking fatso was the right choice.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mesmerise

Twitter