OFFICIAL The Kevolution - (Walters new coach of the Broncos)

Don't agree with losing Lodge, he had injury issues this year made worse by us playing him too early, he was a rep level forward the year before, it's not easy replacing that.
Not easy, but also not impossible. I'm not sure exactly but I'd guess Lodge's salary would put him at the pointy end of the pile for Middle Forwards in the game, and I'm not sure that we couldn't get similar results out of guys who are paid a fair bit less than he is.

Lodge is not needed.. We have Haas and Pangai that can fill that void. Those two started at prop together in a trial match and looked unreal rumbling up the field. We are already paying big money for Haas and Pangai so there is no need to also have Lodge and Ofa signed on big money too.. Especially when they play like they are worth 400k max

Last edited:
Lodge is not needed.. We have Haas and Pangai that can fill that void. Those two started at prop together in a trial match and looked unreal rumbling up the field. We are already paying big money for Haas and Pangai so there is no need to also have Lodge and Ofa signed on big money too.. Especially when they play like they are worth 400k max
Maybe Patty really is being shifted to prop with Asiata coming in to be a ball playing lock.

In which case someone is surplus, but I’d be annoyed if we moved on Lodge and not Offa.

Maybe Patty really is being shifted to prop with Asiata coming in to be a ball playing lock.

In which case someone is surplus, but I’d be annoyed if we moved on Lodge and not Offa.

Is that a legitimate rumour?

I don't really want Carrigan to move from lock. I prefer his style over a ball playing lock.. All he needs to work on is including offloads into his game.

Do you remember when Josh McGuire, Adam Blair and Sam Thaiday would fancy themselves as ball playing forwards?

It was the worst tactic I've ever seen and only stunted our attack. It was traumatising.

I don't want another forward getting in the way.. I don't really care who it is.. the less ball playing by middle forwards, the better. IMO

Last edited:
Hahaha shit, lets sign big Sammy Kasiano.. Off contract in SL

Hahaha shit, lets sign big Sammy Kasiano.. Off contract in SL

View attachment 10163

Wouldn’t work.
With the game having sped up with the rule changes this year and Sam dining out on all those French pastries he probably weighs about 150k by now.
He would never be able to keep up with the pace of the game now.

Wouldn’t work.
With the game having sped up with the rule changes this year and Sam dining out on all those French pastries he probably weighs about 150k by now.

We don't really need a prop coming from the bench that can play big minutes. We need a couple of props that can provide some impact for 20 minutes a game. Haas, Tevita and Carrigan can all play big minutes in the middle

One of our major issues is experience. Replacing a guy like Lodge who's had a number of seasons under his belt and also has experience with the pressure that comes with being an NRL player. We can't just plug that gap with a couple of guys still wet behind the years fresh off a season where we got flogged pillar to post.

One of our major issues is experience. Replacing a guy like Lodge who's had a number of seasons under his belt and also has experience with the pressure that comes with being an NRL player. We can't just plug that gap with a couple of guys still wet behind the years fresh off a season where we got flogged pillar to post.

I agree with you. I would have liked to be in a position to sign Christian Welch. Lodge is actually not very experienced at all in NRL to be honest.

Last edited:
I agree with you. I would have liked to be in a position to sign Christian Welch. Lodge is actually not very experienced at all in NRL to be honest.

View attachment 10164

Kasiano has played in finals series, grand finals, internationals and overseas in super league.. He's much more experienced than Lodge

Wouldn’t work.
Last time I saw kas on tv he seemed the thinnest he’s ever looked.

Is that a legitimate rumour?

I don't really want Carrigan to move from lock. I prefer his style over a ball playing lock.. All he needs to work on is including offloads into his game.

Do you remember when Josh McGuire, Adam Blair and Sam Thaiday would fancy themselves as ball playing forwards?

It was the worst tactic I've ever seen and only stunted our attack. It was traumatising.

I don't want another forward getting in the way.. I don't really care who it is.. the less ball playing by middle forwards, the better. IMO
Agreed. Forwards need to run hard and that's all. If they are ball-playing it means your spine isn't doing its job.

Ball playing lock isn't essential even if it's popular(Storm don't use one), I think a ball playing 2nd rower is far more devastating in attack, and tbh we have that with TPJ, but we all know he is a diamond in the rough atm.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Sproj
  • BruiserMk1
  • Big Del
  • Justwin
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Broncosgirl
  • Fitzy
  • Mr Fourex
  • FACTHUNT
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Foordy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.