OFFICIAL The Kevolution - (Walters new coach of the Broncos)

And the boydism....its just a game😳
Sorry, it is just a game. Boyd had it in perspective. Even involved at the highest level he didn't live his life vicariously through the game as so many fans do. Besides, his quote is not given it's proper context, it was after all used when describing rabid fans attacking players ,coaches, referees and their families and how these 'rabid' fans attached way too much significance to what in my opinion is 'just a game'.

Sorry, it is just a game. Boyd had it in perspective. Even involved at the highest level he didn't live his life vicariously through the game as so many fans do. Besides, his quote is not given it's proper context, it was after all used when describing rabid fans attacking players ,coaches, referees and their families and how these 'rabid' fans attached way too much significance to what in my opinion is 'just a game'.
Dont be sorry

Rugby league is a simple game. I think we will be getting back to that fairly quickly.
WB often said that and I'd agree with you and WB on that score. Pretty sure KW will do a Holbrook/Bellamy/WB and simplify each role.

I'd do the same too and as I've suggested in the past I'd start my simplified rehearsal quite slowly. Slow motion in fact and then building speed knowing players would know exactly where they need to be because they'd rehearsed the role at a more leisurely pace.

When I learned a new piece on the piano it was always slowly at first, building familiarity and then gradually building tempo but only AFTER nailing each bar. Even the pieces marked 'allegro vivace' (172-176 bpm) are practised slowly at first.

Well, in the correct context Darius used that quote, he is spot on. It just gets twisted into a stick to beat him with and it really doesnt need to be, there are plenty of valid ways to have a pop at Boyd without using that.
I can’t believe that even after the context has been described in detail that people still run with the “Boyd doesn’t take the game seriously” narrative.

The real test for Kevvie will obviously be to deprogramme the Seiboldisms instilled in this team.

Hopefully it doesnt take him too long.

First team bonding project is to build a boat. But seriously, it doesn’t feel like there’s enough time in one pre-season to fix seibolds mess. Everyone needs to be patient with Kevvie

I can’t believe that even after the context has been described in detail that people still run with the “Boyd doesn’t take the game seriously” narrative.

Its a convenient go to .......but as Wolfie said, there's lots of other things to have a stab at Darius about without relying on that.

Its a convenient go to .......but as Wolfie said, there's lots of other things to have a stab at Darius about without relying on that.
Exactly. And considering every single one of those things are repeated in almost every thread on here, why do they need to fall back on the dumbest and most dishonest one so often?

First team bonding project is to build a boat. But seriously, it doesn’t feel like there’s enough time in one pre-season to fix seibolds mess. Everyone needs to be patient with Kevvie

Can’t build a boat. We burnt them when Siebs arrived - all the wood is gone

A few good Parra players off contract apparently , Andrew Davey is worth looking at as well .
He’s already signed with Manly. It was known for a while, just had to wait for Parra to get knocked out

Love Kevvie's radio interview yesterday they asked him if there was any news on the roster. His response was ""yeah apparently I'm getting rid of 9 players which is news to me" they then asked if anyone has been tapped on the shoulder and he said no.

Interview link here. Its mostly about footy in general. Seems to have a really good personaity in these interviews. No fake lip service shit. I like it.

Love Kevvie's radio interview yesterday they asked him if there was any news on the roster. His response was ""yeah apparently I'm getting rid of 9 players which is news to me" they then asked if anyone has been tapped on the shoulder and he said no.

Interview link here. Its mostly about footy in general. Seems to have a really good personaity in these interviews. No fake lip service shit. I like it.

That's a really good listen, thanks for the link. Every time I hear Kevvie speak about football it's clear he has the knowledge, the experience and the passion for the game. It truly makes me wonder how even the gaggle of incompetent numpties who run the Broncos managed to talk to both him and Pies and came away thinking fatso was the right choice.

You don't get to the elite level like Boyd did by not taking the game seriously and anyone who argues otherwise is frankly deluded.

I would however question whether or not he took the fans seriously particularly in light of the stupid gender reveal stunt, which was at best utterly tone deaf, and at worst was totally insensitive and disrespectful to the club and the people who care about it in their darkest hour.

I can accept that Boyd more than most has probably got good reasons to not concern himself with the opinions of fans, but I still think even his most rusted on supporters would struggle to justify that sort of selfishness and lack of regard for the fans, those Boyd supporters themselves included, who probably deserved a bit more consideration at such a sombre time.

That's a really good listen, thanks for the link. Every time I hear Kevvie speak about football it's clear he has the knowledge, the experience and the passion for the game. It truly makes me wonder how even the gaggle of incompetent numpties who run the Broncos managed to talk to both him and Pies and came away thinking fatso was the right choice.

It is what happens when you go into an interview with a pre-conceived decision.

It's worked out well. Following Bennett's very high standards is a task no coach has managed before, so coming in after Seibold with expectations miles below ground level is going to be a much easier task for him. How good would it be to have some success with Kevvie, the fans all love him, crowds will be back.

I just hope he has the coaching chop, I don't think he'll have issues with the players buying in. The fact that he's got strong assistants makes me think he'll surprise a few people. One of WB's strongest assets as a coach is he always gets a really strong coaching team around him. Seibold's biggest failure was hiring a bunch of numpties, maybe he was scared high profile assistants may get credit if the team goes well.

Active Now

• teampjta
  • kiwibronco
  • Xzei
  • Browny
  • Jedhead
  • Midean
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.