The Mole: (Rugby League Week) Broncos hooked on Ballin

Alec said:
So we would be trading Ennis for Ballin...wow, what are they thinking?

He would be cheaper and has been consistently good for about a year and a half with a good injury record, Ennis has had one great month followed by a reasonable last 2 or 3 weeks and has a dodgy injury record, I can see exactly what they are thinking.

FCB BB AKA MB said:
Alec said:

He would be cheaper and has been consistently good for about a year and a half with a good injury record, Ennis has had one great month followed by a reasonable last 2 or 3 weeks and has a dodgy injury record, I can see exactly what they are thinking.

Yeah, as far as value for money is concerned I think we would be getting a fairly similar deal with that exchange.

FCB BB AKA MB said:
Alec said:

How much cheaper would he be? It's not like Ennis would be asking for heaps IMO, especially because he only really started playing well about 6 or 7 games ago. And it's not like Ballin would be asking to just play for peanuts. I don't think there would be a big difference in price. And as for the quality of the players, there is no way Ballin is even close to Ennis's level or potential from what he has shown so far. And he doesn't seem to have any organizational skills either.

Alec said:
FCB BB AKA MB said:
Alec said:

How much cheaper would he be? It's not like Ennis would be asking for heaps IMO, especially because he only really started playing well about 6 or 7 games ago. And it's not like Ballin would be asking to just play for peanuts. I don't think there would be a big difference in price. And as for the quality of the players, there is no way Ballin is even close to Ennis's level or potential from what he has shown so far. And he doesn't seem to have any organizational skills either.

I think the salary differential would be quite large to be honest.

Hope I'm wrong, but I'm having Richard Swain flashbacks.

robbie mustoe said:
Alec said:
[quote="FCB BB AKA MB":1x0b1nve]
Alec said:

I think the salary differential would be quite large to be honest.[/quote:1x0b1nve]

Add to that the fact Ennis has had one golden month of football ever and has been pretty average since then. Ennis has been good running out of dummy half but less effective in the past few weeks, has a competent passing game and is pretty clever. IMO Ballin possesses basically all the tools to be as good as Ennis was for his golden month but has also shown the ability to consistently do it over a fairly long period and also has proven thus far to be fairly good in terms of injuries.

Maybe so, but still he seems like he is the old fashioned "support" hooker, and they are a dying breed. It's no wonder that some of the best hookers in the game are the playmaking ones for the most part - hookers like C.Smith, Farah, Payne...and Ennis is getting there as well. And I think that's the kind of hooker that we need.

has anything though we r freeing some cash up now for a certin C.SMITH FOR 2010?

dont want Smith personally.

Boyd,Kemp,Ennis > Smith

Nope. Why would we need to run understrength for a year for just for one player?

Active Now

• Dash
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Broncosgirl
  • Jedhead
  • kiwibronco
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.