NEWS The night before losing 58-0 to the Eels, the Broncos were … at the pub

The Queensland side that dominated for so long were often found in the pub. You are absolutely right, that wasn't the reason we got spanked by the Eels.
I don't think anyone is suggesting that is the reason we got flogged by the eels. I am certainly not. But to my way of thinking, it is just an indication of a deeper malaise that has set in within the club as a whole, and in the individual mindsets of some/much of the playing group. Winning is all about attitude and preparation. They let themselves, the club and their fans down by not preparing as best they could. The final result on the field is just a reflection of their attitudes off the field.

People blowing up over this are really looking for any excuse to rip into the players.

This Broncos group wouldn't be the first to go out a night before the game, and they won't be the last.

Hell, I've seen Origin players out on the town the night before a game.

Mountain out of mole hill.

It’s not a big deal in isolation, but when you break all kinds of unwanted records and get lapped 58-0
in a knock out final to a team that didn’t even finish top 4 the following afternoon, then it is going to add fuel to the fire whether the players like it or not.

I don’t believe players should be caged animals and should be allowed to go out within reason....

However, if I’m being paid as a professional NRL player and on copious amounts of money, you can bet your bottom dollar at 9pm the night before a knock game that you train and play all year for, I’m in my room watching footage of the team I’m coming up against trying to get an extra edge and as best preparation that I can to perform the next day and not out on the town close to midnight.

So in reality, all those journos who intended to kick us when we’re down by manufacturing a mad Monday with the almighty Broncs have fallen into a bucket of tits and came up sucking their own ****.

At the same time, breakfast at 7am when the game isn’t until 4pm is early as shit in my opinion

Yeah bit strange. Why would you get players up before 7 for a game at 4 pm. Seems dumb.

Last edited:
It isn’t a smart move but what do you expect from the dumbest team in the nrl? They shouldn’t be punished but they should be educated about being less socially unaware

However, if I’m being paid as a professional NRL player and on copious amounts of money, you can bet your bottom dollar at 9pm the night before a knock game that you train and play all year for, I’m in my room watching footage of the team I’m coming up against trying to get an extra edge and as best preparation that I can to perform the next day and not out on the town close to midnight.

This is why they have video sessions throughout the week.

It almost sounds like a stealth excuse. This wasn't the reason why they were smashed 58 to 0. There are bigger problems than this, and they must be dealt with first.

Think a few members need a do over on their mad Mondays.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that is the reason we got flogged by the eels. I am certainly not. But to my way of thinking, it is just an indication of a deeper malaise that has set in within the club as a whole, and in the individual mindsets of some/much of the playing group. Winning is all about attitude and preparation. They let themselves, the club and their fans down by not preparing as best they could. The final result on the field is just a reflection of their attitudes off the field.

Its the preparation over the week i'd be more concerned about rather than a few players out on the pokies. They did let everyone down including themselves, but if the coach after 9 months with them hasnt worked out whats not working its a bit of a worry. He should have had this sorted after a few months instead of letting it go on for the whole season.

7am brekky for a 4pm game isn't the smartest. Some of these guys would have only had 5-6 hours sleep.

7am brekky for a 4pm game isn't the smartest. Some of these guys would have only had 5-6 hours sleep.

Which makes it even more bizarre that a group of players decided to stay out till close to midnight whilst the rest of them were probably doing the right thing and winding down in their rooms trying to get a decent 8 hours in.

May not be the smartest but I’m guessing the 7am brekky for a 4pm game would have a lot to do with the clubs dieticians and nutritionists requiring the players to fuel their bodies at certain times during the day. If it was an 8pm kick off it’s probably a different routine

I’m off Milford and Oates tbh.
Not only this, but they just don’t seem to give a fk. Oates seems to only care about talking the talk and playing the nice guy to the media.
As for Milford, the blokes done nothing since 2015 and hasn’t done anything to warrant any more then 400k.
We already all want Boyd and Macca gone, but I think these 2 should also be closely looked at by the club.

No wonder they went for "massages" after that foreplay.
[automerge]1568694466[/automerge]

Bumming each other, no doubt. They're from Sydney.
mate considering that they bend us over and farked us so hard that we chocked how farked is your post. the only bumming they did was to us they bummed us all the way to our throat.

Perfectly reasonable response.
Agreed. The only problem I have with it, is today's scrutiny where a video or phone camera always nearby will cause this faux outrage.
They didn't get on the grog, didn't misbehave and were accompanied by experienced players with a clean skin rep, who however probably shouldn't have left a 19 y/o by himself on the pokies...
Does anyone really expect young men to be in bed by 9 pm when their game is practically 18 hours later? Give me a break!

Last edited:

Active Now

• Gray
  • Midean
  • LittleDavey
  • Waynesaurus
  • Xzei
  • BroncsNBundy
  • marw
  • Maroon4life
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Battler
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Strop
  • Yem
  • RodF
  • broncos4life
  • simplythebest
  • ell.d33
  • Skathen
  • Jazza
  • Dash
... and 50 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.