The old dogs hating on Bennett

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Perhaps they disapprove of his abhorrent behaviour in quitting the Knights when they probably need him the most.

Or they remember Bennett lying to them about being in talks with the Roosters.

Isn't one of Bennett's mantras, is to never lie.

Or maybe they remember Bennett contacting the Dogs & saying a few players are off contract. (Hannant, Ennis)

Last edited:
Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
I wonder if Lockyer has changed his mind about coaching yet. People would want to play under him.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
I don't think the current administration are worth persisting with personally

I agree. They're the most complacent board of directors we have had probably ever. Promote Locky to 2IC.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
The only people important in the WB to armed Hill saga are those that make the BUSINESS DECISION. In no way is bringing WB back a bad business decision. It would certainly buy at least two years of placated fans and keep crowds pouring in. At the end of the day it makes no difference what a few ex players have to say( if most of what's said is truthfully reported !) It's only what the faceless back roomers have to say....

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
The only people important in the WB to armed Hill saga are those that make the BUSINESS DECISION. In no way is bringing WB back a bad business decision. It would certainly buy at least two years of placated fans and keep crowds pouring in. At the end of the day it makes no difference what a few ex players have to say( if most of what's said is truthfully reported !) It's only what the faceless back roomers have to say....

Only if we start winning ...

And if you have a look at the ladder, Griffin is currently higher than Bennett

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Only if we start winning ...

And if you have a look at the ladder, Griffin is currently higher than Bennett

We also have a far better squad. How many rep players do the Knights have?

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Mullen, Gidley, Boyd, Mason, .......

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
Uate, McManus, Snowden, Scott, Smith, Leilua (depending on your definition of rep player) ...

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Boyd is alright.

That's about it.

Dee

Dee

QCup Player
Apr 30, 2010
No way is Wayne our long term option, but how can anyone come out and say the fans wouldn't want Wayne back at the Broncos?
The man built our club and he is a huge reason why we have been so successful since our inception.

I'd absolutely love for him to come back as a Coaching Director or Co-coach, and get the place sorted for 3-4 years. Get it all straight, get the players motivated and believing in themselves because let's be honest, has Griffin done a great job at motivating the players and getting them mentally ready? Close is not good enough, yes we can grind and yes we have heart & can fight back, but we don't win the close games and that all comes down to having the players believe they can win, and Wayne is a master at that. We need him back in some capacity. We almost have the cattle (more props, and Cherry-Evans), but we aren't there mentally.

BRING BACK BENNETT!

Last edited:
Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Haha, nice Cult3.

I thought the Knights were better across the park than the Broncos heading into 2014 but when you consider what both clubs have had to put up with, the Broncos have probably had a better run.

Before a ball was even kicked, they'd already lost their best playmaker for an unknown space of time to a torn hammy and their best recruit got himself locked up. Then they lost Boyd in their opening match of the season for a few games and of course McKinnon suffered that horrible injury which probably ranks right up there as the worst in the history of the game.

So to lose those 3 definitely hurt.

But going in, I thought they'd be right up there. I really rated their backline, thought they had plenty of depth there and the likes of Gagai, Uate, Boyd and Leilua had plenty of upside. Similar story with their halves, I thought Roberts would take his game to another level off that strong performance against the Storm in the finals and Mullen would be pressing claims for an Origin birth. Course that couldn't have been further from the truth.

I liked members of their forward pack too - Smith on his day is one of the best in the world.

Only thing that held me back was Kurt Gidley. I just didn't think he would be able to step up for them and wasn't impressed with what I saw from him in 2013 at hooker. He was my big question mark going in, but I thought sooner or later, he'd get injured and the Knights could move on with Clydsdale or whoever. Unfortunately for them, it hasn't been the case although he'd held his own out-wide.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
No way is Wayne our long term option, but how can anyone come out and say the fans wouldn't want Wayne back at the Broncos?
The man built our club and he is a huge reason why we have been so successful since our inception.

I'd absolutely love for him to come back as a Coaching Director or Co-coach, and get the place sorted for 3-4 years. Get it all straight, get the players motivated and believing in themselves because let's be honest, has Griffin done a great job at motivating the players and getting them mentally ready? Close is not good enough, yes we can grind and yes we have heart & can fight back, but we don't win the close games and that all comes down to having the players believe they can win, and Wayne is a master at that. We need him back in some capacity. We almost have the cattle (more props, and Cherry-Evans), but we aren't there mentally.

BRING BACK BENNETT!

Bennett doesn't want to be a coaching director he wants to be a head coach and the is a poor option for us. He will retire in 3 years and we will be right back were we are now. If he wants a role in the footy department, fine get him back. If he wants a head coachingnrole he can go elsewhere.

I see it now... If he does come back, and he doesn't win as a premiership quick smart... Everyone on here (including those who want him back in the first place) will start whinging about it.

Lets go and find a coach that has long term potential and can restore the club to its rightful place as the most feared and most respected club in the NRL.

P.s. We don't need DCE

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I think Bennett would agree to be an assistant if Lockyer was made head coach. Let's make it happen!

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I think Bennett would agree to be an assistant if Lockyer was made head coach. Let's make it happen!

We don't need a reluctant Lockyer as our head coach... And I think that Voss showed at the Lions that you need some form of apprenticeship before taking on the head coach of top squad. As well as the fact that it is difficult to coach players you have played with.

If we are going to go down the rookie road for a 3rd time, my choice would be the Walker Brothers. The seem to have done a good job with Ipswich and seem to be innovative as well.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
People have to remember, if we get Bennett back we get Boyd back.

So it's a no way, Jose.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
People have to remember, if we get Bennett back we get Boyd back.

So it's a no way, Jose.

Boyd is a good player on his day. He would most definitely be a better fullback option than Ben Barba is currently. I would love to see someone like Barba coming off the bench for the last 10 minutes of each half and playing a roving role like Chris Walker and Matty Bowen in Origin, but I doubt Hook would utilize him well enough that way.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I would take Boyd back if he was happy playing on the wing.

The problem is, he is not happy playing on the wing. He is too good for wing. He wants to play fullback, and we have Milford coming next year so **** him.

He is happy playing on the wing in Origin because he realizes that Slater and Inglis have more talent than what he ever will.

Last edited:

Unread

Active Now

• BooKhaki
  • Harry Sack
  • kman
  • Aldo
  • Bucking Beads
  • FACTHUNT
  • Bronco bob
  • Big Del
  • Tim K
  • mitch222
  • johnny plath
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Manofoneway
  • Allo
  • Wolfie
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.