The old rumours of factions within the team

Wally Lewis has admitted himself that alot of people in the game and the media thought he was a pig of a man. He has said he was always worried about having a seizure in front of them or something. He felt there was a stigma about epilepsy.

Yeah I have heard that too and having epilepsy myself I can understand that, in fact I do recall him saying he believed he had absent seizures and other types while playing for the Seagulls. I respect what he had to go through with that definitely.

Beale, Hoffman, Norman (mixture of his attitude and Griffin being a terrible coach), Kennedy, Ashton Sims are all up there. I'm going with Hoffman as the early front runner tho. Oh yeah, add Peter Wallace in there as well.
Funny thing is that Beale, Hoffman and Norman all rated seriously high in my eyes. When Darren Lockyer retired Beale was basically my favourite bronco

Beale retired Lockyer...how could anyone like him? He looks like a perpetually 12 year old boy.

It probably won't surprise anyone when I say Norman is comfortably my least favorite Bronco. Hoffman is up there as well but Norman's disgusting attitude toward the club in his final months here have left the bitterest taste in my mouth. Play like a massive sook for months then take the payday to go to a Sydney club. **** yourself.

It probably won't surprise anyone when I say Norman is comfortably my least favorite Bronco. Hoffman is up there as well but Norman's disgusting attitude toward the club in his final months here have left the bitterest taste in my mouth. Play like a massive sook for months then take the payday to go to a Sydney club. **** yourself.

Totally with you on this mate. I was so pissed off when the jurnos compared him to next Locky. Locky was miles away from this shitty skunk...Couldn't be more happier the day he decided to to move on as the legacy of Locky can be preserved.

Kahu, Glenn and Blair are very tight. Always see them together on Instagram and they happen to all be NZ.

Mead and Benji are tight.

Thats about all the insight I can offer haha

When Beale first came into the senior squad, he was considered by many to be our next superstar back. I remember a lot of fans had him in their 17 that year and were already talking about him in terms of being a future Origin player. BHQ may have even had a few accounts named after him, he was that popular.

Then Beale suffered two serious injuries and was never quite as quick as he once was. Still, Henjak kept finding him spots in the side, I think at one point he was even filling the Kodi Nikorima Mr Fix It role for the side.

In 2011 it was apparent fullback was his best position and anytime he played on the wing he was rubbish. It would have been interesting if Beale & Hoffman had have swapped over but it wasn't to be.

I don't blame him at all for the Lockyer injury. It wasn't like Blair on McCullough where he just recklessly took out another player, he was doing his job in trying to secure a dangerous kick and Lockyer found himself at the wrong place at the wrong time.

If you have to point the finger at anyone, point it at Copley for his awful performance in the Prelim against Manly.

When Beale first came into the senior squad, he was considered by many to be our next superstar back. I remember a lot of fans had him in their 17 that year and were already talking about him in terms of being a future Origin player. BHQ may have even had a few accounts named after him, he was that popular.

Then Beale suffered two serious injuries and was never quite as quick as he once was. Still, Henjak kept finding him spots in the side, I think at one point he was even filling the Kodi Nikorima Mr Fix It role for the side.

In 2011 it was apparent fullback was his best position and anytime he played on the wing he was rubbish. It would have been interesting if Beale & Hoffman had have swapped over but it wasn't to be.

I don't blame him at all for the Lockyer injury. It wasn't like Blair on McCullough where he just recklessly took out another player, he was doing his job in trying to secure a dangerous kick and Lockyer found himself at the wrong place at the wrong time.

If you have to point the finger at anyone, point it at Copley for his awful performance in the Prelim against Manly.

I agree with everything except the blame. The refs took that game away from us in the first 15 minutes by penalising us out of the contest. We were never going to win that game.

I actually liked Beale, he was constantly shifted around the backline and tried his guys out despite not being very great at footy. I was glad he left but there was no hard feelings.

Martin Kennedy is easily my least favourite bronco, with Ben Barba not far behind. Hoffman and Maranta both get honourable mentions but Maranta just sucked he didn't seem like a shit bloke like the others.

Beale retired Lockyer...how could anyone like him? He looks like a perpetually 12 year old boy.
Locky retired Locky. He even said himself that he was in the wrong in that unfortunate collision.

Really? Can't get my head around either of those choices.
Impact players with a stack of potential and both had productive Bronco careers. Unfortunately, both failed to reach the expected heights for a variety of reasons.

Hoffman is by far and away my least liked bronco.

He was very vocal about wanting to be in the spine despite his best position clearly being on the wing where he was a beast.

When he was put in the spine it was a total disaster and he appeared completely oblivious to his obvious shortcomings. He also didn't seem at all motivated to at least try and improve... instead he just kept going with the my best/favourite position is fullback or in the halves.

Then there was all the shit with him on social media with dogs players and him coming out about Barba coming to the club and still wanting to be the fullback or half

Only for him to move on so he could play his beloved fullback role, which to no surprise was a complete failure at titans.

It frustrates me because he was a great winger and could've been a seriously great one for us in a position we sorely lack depth in even to this day. However his insistence to be a ballplayer saw us as a team fail badly and him eventually moving on for greener pastures.

I wonder how those pastures look nowadays given he struggles to make a 17 (seriously auva on the wing ahead of him) compared to what he could've and probably would still be at the broncos.

I dare say he would have already played rep footy if he stayed here and actually gave a shit. Funny how justice eventually prevails.

I agree with 'potential' and 'failed' and would add that there wasn't half a brain between the two of them.
I agree which is why they didn't reach their potential. They were excitement machines though at least for a portion of their careers.

Martin Kennedy was/is my least favourite bronco.

Talked a good game every article but was a massive pillow. Cared more about his fucking reptiles.

Active Now

• MrMoore
  • TimWhatley
  • Fozz
  • Financeguy
  • Santa
  • Maroon4life
  • simplythebest
  • bb_gun
  • mitch222
  • Battler
  • Allo
  • rj9
  • Brocko
  • Rambstien
  • Wolfie
  • Fitzy
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Harry Sack
  • Scdeac
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.