The QLD Autopsy...

Cracking game unfortunately Thurston had a rare off night with the boot

we needed to get the ball to Hodges and Inglis more often. they looked unstoppable at times but didn't get it enough

Apart from that. I think it was just a case of a whole bunch of important players having subpar games. I hope other people can offer some better insights. I was too busy pacing back and forth across the living room like a madman to properly analyse the game

Take out Cronk and everything in attack falls apart. DCE was ordinary, and Thurston looked lost and confused. Inglis? I can't believe he was so under utilized.

about two and a half series ago I thought NSW found an upper hand in the forwards and the only thing holding them back was their halves and ours ... tonight they got it done.

McQueen and one of Te'o/Gillett have to go. Most likely Te'o, as he's leaving the NRL anyway apparently.

We've got to work on that left edge attack, it's been horrific for the past couple of years now. McQueen is about as useful as tits on a bull, and the defence knows just to get in Inglis' face. Thurston has been choking, likely because of it, for these 2 years now. Get him early ball.

Queensland had Broncos syndrome tonight. Couldn't buy a quick play the ball.

We'll be right. Qld have massive improvement in them on that game. NSW not so much.

DCE will need to actually train in the plays before game 2. That was the obvious thing to me. We just didn't have the moves worked out without Cronk, play would just break down when it went wide.

We had a shocker, NSW played as well as you can imagine them playing, and they won through better goal kicking. Although their defence was excellent.
We'll be back.

Beating the Maroons at Lang Park is one of the most beautiful things I've witnessed and I'm so proud and happy tonight. Credit to both teams that was a magnificent contest and the Maroons should hold their head high as well as the Blues.

Hayne for MOM

Guerra had some good runs. I'd like to see him start next game but I imagine Thaiday will. We need a bloody big bopper, bring back Dave Taylor.

DCE will be better in the next game, he'll have a full camp training at halfback in place of Cronk so he should be more of the team game plan and less individualistic as he has been off the bench.

Hope Slater pulls up ok, he was brilliant.

McQueen and one of Te'o/Gillett have to go. Most likely Te'o, as he's leaving the NRL anyway apparently.

We've got to work on that left edge attack, it's been horrific for the past couple of years now. McQueen is about as useful as tits on a bull, and the defence knows just to get in Inglis' face. Thurston has been choking, likely because of it, for these 2 years now. Get him early ball.

McQueen did nothing, he was invisible most of the night. Gillett was good in defense and Te'o at least had some good runs.

Why does Farah get away with so many forward passes? He doesn't even bother making his hands go backwards anymore.

Smith kinda deserved his ankle injury, he was trying to put his knee into whichever player was getting tackled.

And why does Gallen get away with so many elbows to faces? He really is a dog of a person. Speaking of Dogs. Josh Reynolds really should get like 8 weeks for that tackle on Tate. He stood upright to lift him. He was lucky scott was there to make him do a full rotation.

The kicking game was awful. Again, a consequence of no Cronk. You don't kick like that when Hayne is in this kind of form. It reminded me of when we played the Eels and gave Hayne as much ball as we could.

DCE has a really steep learning curve and I hope the game plan doesn't try to make him play like Cronk ... and Thurston needs a rocket

Last edited:
A loss at Suncorp in game one, after a Cronk Busted an arm...TBH I don't expect a series loss. Lets see what Maninga/DCE can accomplish together. I wont complain in less then 7 years...there is no reason to.

Better team on the night won, for sure. But having said that Queensland have improvement in them. Would have been an interesting game to see had Cronk not gone out so early. Hopefully with the chance to train at half for an entire camp there's a big leap in DCE and Thurston's combination in game two.

For the first time in the last couple of years Queensland have started to look a bit old and slow. Slater especially has lost a step. How many breaks did we make, and never looked like just running away from the defence? Inglis to fullback, Slater to the wing, Tate to centres. Inglis had another one of those quiet games he tends to have, without the one or two flashes of brilliance that has the commentators and media gushing over. Forward pack needs looking at as well, although I thought Guerra was impressive in his debut. Need a bigger body or two on the bench.

Overall disappointing in the 100th game, but I think Queensland are far from out of the series.

Guerra had some good runs. I'd like to see him start next game but I imagine Thaiday will. We need a bloody big bopper, bring back Dave Taylor.

DCE will be better in the next game, he'll have a full camp training at halfback in place of Cronk so he should be more of the team game plan and less individualistic as he has been off the bench.

Hope Slater pulls up ok, he was brilliant.

Taylor should hang his head in shame after watching tonight's game ... a monster like him should be out there creating carnage

thurston had an average night all round, poor tackles, missed conversions and a shocking pass that would have been a certain try had it found inglis and not the grass. cronk getting injured was major. changes will need to be made for game 2, it's do or die and it's going to be a mighty task down in sydney.

for me, we have to roll the dice. inglis to fullback to counter hayne. he's being wasted in the centres. hopefully thaiday will be back and would highly consider dave taylor. mcqueen to miss out

Active Now

• sooticus
  • broncsgoat
  • Dash
  • Aldo
  • lynx000
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • Harry Sack
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Broncosarethebest
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.