The QLD Autopsy...

Matt Scott 9 runs for 78 metres. He won't play that poorly again.

Also way too much one out running and standing flat and compressed. Little depth and width. Not good. Once again, for mine, the loss of Cronk was the only reason NSW won

parker is a legend and gives his all but he just gives away too many penalties and is realllly slow at getting up

Also McQueen 5 runs for 29 metres and 16 tackles.

We'll be right. Qld have massive improvement in them on that game. NSW not so much.

True statement, but they'll get Bird back. Have been saying for years that the gap is closing and tonight it did.

The loss of Cronk cannot be understated IMO. Yes DCE is a talent, the next Johns blah blah blah but they would have trained the week with him simply chiming in with plays. Not as the 2nd playmaker. Cronk, IMO, has just come very close to losing his Maroons starting jumper. If DCE makes a fist of it for the remainder of this series and goes on to have a solid year, Cronk will find it very hard indeed.

A truck has a better turning circle than Brent Tate.

Gallen to not play a club game until Origin II - $1.01

DCE can barely walk in the dressing room. Trainer virtually carrying him, looks like a groin injury

Who comes onto the bench for Daly now that Cronk is most likely out, Milford?

I think our worst enemy tonight was our lack of go forward. Mcqueen was atrocious, and needs to go for a prop. DCE was thrown into it early without much time working with Thurston in camp, he'll be a different player in Sydney. Scott, Thuston, Smith, Hodges will not play that poorly again, it was literally their combined worst games in Maroon and we still would have won if Cronk was on the field.

if both cronk and dce are out for origin 2 who plays halfback? dare i say ben hunt? it's been a good 8 years..

DCE can barely walk in the dressing room. Trainer virtually carrying him, looks like a groin injury

News was that he's been barely training for Manly. The only reason he was selected in the 17 was experience - was only supposed to play 15 minutes. He looked alright for a broken player.

NSW had everything go their way from the 10 - 55 minute mark. Qld had all the calls in the last 15, some of which were very bad calls, and we still couldn't crack them. That in itself means Hayne... I mean NSW... deserves the victory.

Idiocy alert:

@BuzzRothfield: I've done my column tomorrow on the Coward Tackle - Josh Papalii's dog shot on Paul Gallen #Origin

Very few teams can win games when their first choice halfback breaks his arm and when their best player and captain battles on injured and isn't 100% well, the Maroons gameplan would've revolved around Smith/Cronk and when they went down they had to play a completely different game to the one they trained on in camp.

I expect a better drilled QLD team for Sydney.

Unread

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Fitzy
  • Broncorob
  • pennywisealfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.