The QLD Autopsy...

Is this the post game discussion or just a QLD team discussion?

Meh, tbh, you're on a site mostly frequented by QLD'rs. I don't think it matters. Go nuts, I'd be rubbing this in as much as I can.

@MCarayannis: Josh Reynolds charged for dangerous throw- will miss two games with early guilty plea

There is no room in this team for Gillett. He is only there because we won last year and we are carrying him. Looks like hes going to drop the ball with each hitup. U can argue hes great at club level, but hes SHIT in origin.

Guerra was our best backrower alongside Parker. They were great. Myles was easily our best forward. He was epic and was just so ferocious in that second half.

McQueen was nowhere. Another one luck that we carried him into this team. Teo had some great runs, thought he was better than McQueen and Gillett.

DCE was clearly not ready for playing half. Ran so many players off the ball or just flopped it back inside.

Hodges ... well i dunno.. he looks dangerous, but so many things he does are just so so stupid. I feel like he ruined a few good chances we had.

And inglis.... i dont know what it was tonight. He was getting the ball flat footed, which half the time seemed to be JT's fault for passing early, but then there were times when he made a run, and was standing in the tackle with players waiting for the offload and he just surrendered meekly and took an eternity to play the ball. He was either injured, or had a bad case of the "i dont wanna be here"s. Either way, very off game for him

We need some potency in our backs. Theres no speed anymore (slater made that break and was so freaking slow). Tate is not a winger either.

I would bring milford onto the bench for Cronk.
Thaiday in for gillett.
Lillyman in for Mcqueen.

Nsw. Definitely deserved the win. . Haynes was brilliant and JT was well off. Otherwise a fairly even contest. Maybe. JT was injured. He did not kick once? We had our chances but get it over the line , Inglis was disappointing tonite. We lacked punch up the middle. Bring in Hannant for Papali .

Lol the blues can't decide whether they're going to celebrate prematurely or have a sook!

https://twitter.com/buzzrothfield/status/471628509928894464

https://twitter.com/boobaileytele/status/471628793967165441

media_preview-php-url-http-3a-2f-2f0-media-cdn-foolz-us-2fffuuka-2fboard-2ftg-2fimage-2f1342-2f9-jpg.186

Guerra was amazing, he should start next match with Thaiday in the back row.

A great game of footy masked a very poor performance from QLD. JT had this worst rep level game probably ever in his career. DCE was thrown into the deep end after Cronk went off and never really took to the water. Ran the line too many times, bombing a few overlaps.

The front row was solid, if not a bit quiet. 78 metres for Scott says it all really. Average with a capital A. Inglis may as well have not been playing at all.

Te'o and Slater were our best on ground, in my view. Boyd scored a double which is good too. Gillett was also average. Maybe not quite ready for Origin footy yet. He knows how to receive a Barba short pass but not one from DCE. work that one out.

NSW game plan was mainly a series of set plays built around Hayne. We gave him far too much room.

Other than Hayne, I thought NSW were pretty ordinary except for their defence in the last 15. At the same time, our attack was so simple to read it made it easier.

What a bummer Cronk breaking his arm.

We are carrying too many people based on winning last year. Gillett, McQueen, Teo and Papalii dont deserve to be there. Out of that bunch i thought only Teo and Papalii did enough to get a 2nd shot, and papalii only coz he at least showed some venom in defence. Thaiday has to come back so Mcqueen can go, and we need another prop so gillett can go for lillyman or mcguire

I don't think Gillett is ready to start in an Origin game. I think he would provide more impact off the bench against a tiring defense.

Inglis has to be given time at fullback, we've been wasting him now for 2 years. Disappointed with the game plan, if you want to play that tight pick an extra prop, if you want to pick that many backrowers then use them FFS.

We dropped way to much pill in that first half, that really hurt us. I thought Thurston had a few good chances to roll the ball in behind but we just kept doing the same thing over and over and hitting the front runner. Our kicking particularly DCE was just shit, to deep and easy for Hayne to pick off, we definitely needed to try a few along the ground and make him pick them up.

NSW the better side by far and we deserved to get rolled.

i think hodges, parker and gillet are all suffering from griffinball. brought their broncos style of play with them. hodges is just trying to do it all this season. gillet has been really shit since playing for australia

I had a hundred on NSW because I saw this coming. Winning 285 minus the 100 doesn't come close to easing the pain of watching the game and even worse, Baldy Daley and Gallens press conference. Very gutsy but inept performance from QLD with JT very ordinary in particular. Turnstile in defence. Doubtless we would have won with Cronk still on but that's Origin. Shit happens I suppose. We had a few good performers but could have done with a bit more punch in the forwards. Parker tried hard as did Scott. When we shifted the ball wide we made ground and could have done that a bit more.

Agendas and knifes are out... some people here almost sound like NSW'kers.

Active Now

• Spike
  • Manofoneway
  • Bish
  • Mighty Bronx
  • marw
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.