The QLD Autopsy...

If Smith is out it changes the whole complexion of the series... GI will need to have a Hayne like match at the back for us to win it in Sydney with Smith gone; DCE and Thurston will have to play out of their skins as well.

Changing 3 players is a lot, as u said, so if I was only going to drop 2 it would be gillet and papa. Dropping a third would def mean McQueen goes.

McQueen was shit last year too in origin

If Smith is out, is that more or less incentive to make more than 1 or 2 changes? They'd possibly keep mcqueen and gillet yeah?
Edit I hope they don't shy away from making the changes that need to be made just because there'll be a handful of guys out due to injury.

Last edited:
Reports are suggesting both slater and smiths injuries are worse than first thought and are now both 3 - 4 weeks. If so, maybe bring in friend for smith and drop papalii for segeyaro

Where did you see that Smith was out for longer? Fox said late last night he was a certain starter for game 2 :s

Smith and Myles good to go for Origin 2, that's good news.

The June 18th due baby of one Greg Inglis had better stay put lol

The only agenda going on around here is the "Gillett is above criticism because reasons" one. He is yet to even put in an above average performance in an origin, but has put in multiple below average ones. Hes yet to play a "good" origin.

Whoever plays and whoever doesn't, "I went to another place" Hayne cannot be allowed the freedom he was given the first time round. Otherwise qld have had it

The only agenda going on around here is the "Gillett is above criticism because reasons" one. He is yet to even put in an above average performance in an origin, but has put in multiple below average ones. Hes yet to play a "good" origin.

Well you would know an agenda so ill have to take your word for it

Should Smith not play, would his absence be felt? Or would there be little difference with Friend there?

Friend is probably the 4th best Queensland hooker this year.. Picking players despite their average form this year is what has got us in our current position.

Friend is probably the 4th best Queensland hooker this year.. Picking players despite their average form this year is what has got us in our current position.

Can someone please tell meninga /Morris / lockyer this

Can someone please tell meninga /Morris / lockyer this

I dont agree with 4th best. Friend has been playing well in a team that is definitely down on its form from last year. I would think pecking order, after smith, based on current form is:

Segeyaro
Friend
McCullough
Baillin
Nathan Friend

Segeyaro would be a great pick, but probably not for the full 80. I would start with Jake friend and use segs from the bench as our impact / utility if we dont go with milford

I dont agree with 4th best. Friend has been playing well in a team that is definitely down on its form from last year. I would think pecking order, after smith, based on current form is:

Segeyaro
Friend
McCullough
Baillin
Nathan Friend

Segeyaro would be a great pick, but probably not for the full 80. I would start with Jake friend and use segs from the bench as our impact / utility if we dont go with milford

With DCE now the half and Ballin having had Origin experience surely he's the answer. Long term Friend is our guy but as a plug and play I think Ballin gives us a better chance. It will help DCE's transition into the team a lot.

Also, as a resident Gillett fanboy, I have to admit I didn't think he had a great game. I wouldn't be against dropping him if the right replacement was available, and I do think Dave Taylor should come into the team. But I believe that McQueen should go before Gillett.

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • Fitzy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.