The QLD Autopsy...

Please tell me you at least support ditching pappali...

Broncos4life won't allow changes!!! Once ur in the team ur in for life until u retire or get injured. Otherwise we are just nsw

Changing the team is not always a bad thing ffs. I think dropping gillet and papa is a necessity we need to take before we lose. No point doing it for game 3. I think McQueen deserves one more game now that I think about it, just because of the quality of his work last year. Gillette was ordinary in all 3 last year so his chances are up, and papalii is just not in good enough form.

And it's not like we've got no other options. There's at least 3 guys who would do well as replacements. We've got next to no depths in the back, why put ourselves in the same position up front when there are options

Let me also mention something no-one has brought up. Gillett was RIDICULOUSLY lucky not to be penalised for not 1, but 2 shoulder charges late in the 2nd half. I couldnt believe when he went for the first one and we got off, but literally the very next tackle he did another one. Absolute idiocy. Have no idea how we didnt get pinged on them. I admire his intention, but couldve very easily relieved all the pressure from nsw

Not sure which tackles you are referring to, but the tackles I saw the arm was not tucked in. It's not a shoulder charge if the arm is not tucked in.

Please tell me you at least support ditching pappali...

Absolutely. Because he was woeful and we need another prop on the bench. That's a necessary change

Broncos4life won't allow changes!!! Once ur in the team ur in for life until u retire or get injured. Otherwise we are just nsw

Haha I think some changes a necessary but not wholesale ones. I was going to discuss this more with you but I just read your other post calling for McQueen to stay. And you are trying to tell us you don't have an agenda... Oh you

Kill me for saying it but I actually wish nsw had played better, because them carrying on about that being one of best games is driving me more nuts than anything any qld player did wrong. Tick tock counting down..18 days to go

Haha I think some changes a necessary but not wholesale ones. I was going to discuss this more with you but I just read your other post calling for McQueen to stay. And you are trying to tell us you don't have an agenda... Oh you

Changing 3 players is a lot, as u said, so if I was only going to drop 2 it would be gillet and papa. Dropping a third would def mean McQueen goes.

U can't drop McQueen after 1 bad game and not drop gillet after 4 bad ones

So there'll either be next to no changes or there'll be a few. I'd rather the latter to be honest. I get loyalty but at some point you've got to give some new blokes a go. No wonder the team is so old, I don't want that to be a running trend. Doesn't mean drop everyone as soon as they hit 30 but have the foresight to see they're not going to be at career best forever.
At the very least papalli out, big prop in and Milford to the bench and I'm happy

Realistically I can see the only change being Thaiday in for Cronk. I do think Gillett has had enough time to perform at Origin level so I am not against dropping him. I am not huge on McQueen or Guerra either but our options are limited. One of the forwards will go if they still want a Milford/Friend/Segeyaro on the bench.

Reports are suggesting both slater and smiths injuries are worse than first thought and are now both 3 - 4 weeks. If so, maybe bring in friend for smith and drop papalii for segeyaro

Myles will be right though yeah?

He would have to play with a broken hand. Depends which bone it is they said. Lafai has been playing with a broken hand for a mont now so it's possible

Would there be anyone else to replace him who could match his game?

Article in the paper today suggest Slater is the least likely of the injured players to play. Myles should be fine.

Should Smith not play, would his absence be felt? Or would there be little difference with Friend there?

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Broncorob
  • Johnny92
  • bazza
  • Justwin
  • broncs30
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Hoof Hearted
  • The Don
  • Spoon
  • Lurker
  • Xzei
  • Jazza
  • Santa
  • ezpz
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Allo
  • Dash
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Painin the Haas
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.