The QLD Autopsy...

Question is do you bring in Milford or an extra prop on the bench

Has to be an extra prop for mine. Milford is the kind of guy who can be a game winner off the bench, but so long as we have Slater, Inglis, Thurston and Smith we have the match winners in our team already. In which case the key then is to make sure we have enough of a platform to let those guys do their stuff, and a prop is what achieves that. IMO Milford is the kind of player you pick if you think you're gonna be behind with 20 to play, a prop is the option you take when you think you'll be defending a lead with 20 to go.

I agree and I think that's what selectors are planning, 4 big guys on the bench. I bloody hope Slater bounces back asap though

I can see u clearly cant take a tongue in cheek statement. Papalii was crap but he smashed gal so im jokingly saying thats enough for me to keep him. Stop being so fucking defensive of a player that was rubbish just because he has a broncos jersey on. If there was an agenda i would be singling him out. im not. mcqueen papalii and gillett were all bad, and are all replaceable. The only reason his name keeps coming up and making it look like an agenda is because we are on a broncos forum and half of the people defend him. Mcqueen and papalii would be being talked about more if they were broncos and then u would say i have an agenda against them too

Thaiday, Taylor, Lillyman and Lawrence are all more than capable replacements.

Ah, but you did single him out, he got the whole first paragraph to himself, plus half the second one, in your post: http://broncoshq.com/state-of-origin-2014-a/23261-qld-autopsy-post2593470.html#post2593470. I agree Big Dave deserves another shot, I'd love nothing more than to see him steaming down on a couple of Blues half his size. I couldn't really care if you have an agenda or not, I agree that we need more from Gillett, McQueen and Big Papa if they are to stay in the side.

I'm no Gillett fanboy because he's a Bronco, I think he looks lazy in a lot of games and he's always good for some sloppy defence during a game that often results in points against us. I don't agree that Gillett was completely shit, and of those 3 he wouldn't be the first I'd punt (Big Papa should go for Taylor IMO). He does some good stuff too, and occasionally some great stuff.

Of your capable replacements, agreed. Thaiday is a shoe-in, without a doubt. I also agree with Taylor. Lillyman has been there before and done the job, so I'd be comfortable with him as well. Lawrence is in very good form but do we throw a rookie into Sydney, one game down, without Cronk and potentially Smith/Slater? I'd prefer not to, personally.

I have no strong opinion either way, on who should be replaced and by whom. Thaiday must replace someone. Taylor should. I don't know if we gain a great deal by replacing others. Giving people another game to 'make it up' has worked well for QLD in the past. Not all the time, and it may not work this time either, but we have had success with it previously and that needs to be remembered.

Very interested to see the makeup of the squad. Just hoping against hope for 1) fast recoveries for the injured, and 2) no more injuries!

Friend is probably the 4th best Queensland hooker this year.. Picking players despite their average form this year is what has got us in our current position.

If QLD teams were always picked purely on form Bob Lindner would never have gotten a game.

Cam Smith playing tonight against the Cowboys.

Friend suits Origin a lot more than Macca IMO. Much quicker and better service than McCullough (invaluable with quality halves).

Cam Smith playing tonight against the Cowboys.

Hate to sound hypocritical after laughing at Hayne for having a rest, but I wonder if Smith should have rested the foot ala Hodges. Let's face it Storm had no chance regardless of him being there or not

Hate to sound hypocritical after laughing at Hayne for having a rest, but I wonder if Smith should have rested the foot ala Hodges. Let's face it Storm had no chance regardless of him being there or not

Depends on the perspective. From a QLD POV it is obviously best he not play, but he's the Storm captain and Billy and Cooper are out. His team is down and he wants to lift them.

Smith didn't look that bad at all. Having suffered an ankle sprain myself this year (and l am in no way comparing myself to Smith here) it can be very painfull and hard to walk on for 24 hours. However after that, recovery is quite quick. Still pain, but fairly bareable. He'll be fine for game 2.

Myles' hand isn't broken either so that's good. Apparently Smith collapsed in the sheds after the game though

Myles' hand isn't broken either so that's good. Apparently Smith collapsed in the sheds after the game though

Yeah, I think he was just buggered.

160 minutes of footy in just 4 days, and he is no slacker also. When he plays, he puts all of his effort into it.

50+ tackles last night. He is going to be one wounded warrior after the Origin series. The next 6 weeks could take a few years off his life.

Who have the storm got next week? Surely Bellamy will rest him

Yeah updated posts clear it up. Thank god he's good to go

Probably the wrong thread to put it in, Hodges has been "dropped" due to the ankle injury. Won't train until he's recovered. Wonder if that will affect soo selection?

Last edited:

Active Now

• Sproj
  • maddo
  • Jedhead
  • Dash
  • winslow_wong
  • ivanhungryjak
  • BroncosAlways
  • broncoscope
  • theshed
  • Manofoneway
  • broncs30
  • Socnorb
  • bert_lifts
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.