The Sad Decline of Darren Lockyer as a Player and Leader

Status
Not open for further replies.
So yeah Lockyer is finished and that hey

Tonights Test is a classic example of what Locky can do behind a pack going forwards and, as usual, he has stepped up his defence in the rep games.

ivanhungryjak said:
Tonights Test is a classic example of what Locky can do behind a pack going forwards and, as usual, he has stepped up his defence in the rep games.

Amazing what can happen when u have a platform to work from.

I will allow all the doubters to choose one of the following:

egg-on-face1.jpg

Mmm eggy

humble-pie.gif

Mmm humble

Facepalm.jpg

Game hasn't finished yet guys.

I love Locky, but shh.

Wasn't bad.

Threw some lovely passes, yet Slater failed to take advantage.

Thaiday and Locky were outstanding. LOL at Gallen.

It was Lockyer's perfect kicking game that I loved.

You know who else was great? Thaiday. NZ could have done with some Alex Glenn also.

Anyhow, Lockyer player quite well, kicking game was great. Needs to stop trying to run the ball, that is where his age is showing.

I don't think he runs it nearly enough.

He did well (locky), I bet he feels good about that test game.

Just wish it didnt rain so he could really carve

gUt said:
I don't think he runs it nearly enough.
Really? I get worried that he is going to be injured every time he tries.

I have'nt done any comparisons yet, just woke up , but the impression I got from the test was Lockyer did not appear to have to do as much tackling as he normally does. I don't know for sure but Locky was always working in defence during the season so far but last night he seemed to hardly be on screen when N Zud had the ball.

Perhaps it was simply NZ not running at him so much because in the comp proper all the teams run at him knowing he's our only real option with Wallace out. Maybe NZ missed a chance or I did'nt see/notice Lockys contributions. Anuone know Lockys tackle count compared to the comp average ??

It helped him having Luke Lewis inside him as well

user_nat said:
You know who else was great? Thaiday. NZ could have done with some Alex Glenn also.

Anyhow, Lockyer player quite well, kicking game was great. Needs to stop trying to run the ball, that is where his age is showing.
I don't mind him running the ball up. In the past he would always do the dodgy hospital pass in the same situation. Seems far safer to me to just hit it up when a pass isn't on at all.

The Rock said:
Browny said:
It helped him having Luke Lewis inside him as well

Yeah, a guy who knows how to run a line and how to time his run.

And guys either side who are committed to making a decent tackle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Behind enemy lines
  • Sproj
  • BroncoFan94
  • Fatboy
  • winslow_wong
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Justwin
  • Aldo
  • marw
  • Tim K
  • Tmac
  • Allo
  • Gaz
  • Kev_Guz
  • theshed
  • Jedhead
  • Battler
  • ChewThePhatt
  • johnny plath
  • Morkel
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.