The silence is deafening.

So blokes with zero first grade coaching experience, or the bloke who’s sucked so many ciggi’s that he can’t speak anymore, with one foot in the grave.
Obviously a joke. Have you seen the retard with the Bronco car? You don't fire the coach during this COVID influenced season but you review it in the off season. They will be very hesitant in letting him go though considering the drama involved and faith applied in acquiring him. Eight or nine wins and a tenth place finish will ensure his position next year.

We could always try get Bellamy again.

I don’t think sacking him now is a good choice at the moment, but telling him his job is on the line definitely is. The Broncos have lost before, we’ve been flogged in the past but there was just a certain dignity about the club that made us better than the rest, even while losing. Fans love watching us lose more than they enjoy their own club winning. Now they feel sorry for us. We don’t have the same values that we used to have and that has been shown by a bunch of ex-players and staff coming out and saying we never used excuses in the past, meanwhile that is all Seibold wants to use after losses.

In saying that, there are coaching options out there. I know Walters sounds a bit dumb, but if we surround him with the right staff (not Ben Cross) he could work. The club won’t ever admit it but I think some of the fans need to admit the Broncos fucked up pretty badly with their Seibold decision. We have obviously gone backwards. A succession plan needed to be put in place with Bennett and strictly adhered to.

Wasn't Michael Maguire available and keen to coach when we went after Seibold? Gee that looks like a monumental **** up now doesn't it. He's exactly what this young group needs, a hardened leader who will whip them into shape.

Wasn't Michael Maguire available and keen to coach when we went after Seibold? Gee that looks like a monumental **** up now doesn't it. He's exactly what this young group needs, a hardened leader who will whip them into shape.
I got into heated discussions with mates about this, especially since he had learned a hard yet valuable lesson about blowing players out. Him and belly were the perfect options, Not funboy siebs.

Honestly I just want Hodges to be given some form of power at the club. He'd make a perfect assistant for someone who has a footy brain (Not an obsession with fantasy footy statistics like Seibold has).

Scott Minto is the way of the future, he even knows what it takes to beat Melbourne! But seriously I don't see Seibold getting fired anytime soon this season unless he continues to rack up 30+ losses, he will definitely get a review though, what will come of that who knows.

Last edited:
Scott Minto is the way of the future, he even knows what it takes to beat Melbourne! But seriously I don't see Seibold getting fired anytime soon this season unless he continues to rack up 30+ losses, he will definitely get a review though, what will come of that who knows.
Unfortunately this is an entirely viable possibility..

I think the biggest need for the club is to go out and get the best defensive coach on the market... this isn't new with Seibold and it's ridiculous that it hasn't been addressed for years now

Our defence has been shit for what seems forever and doesn't seem to be a priority for youth competitions (if the under 20's was anything to go by)... so the youth first approach that we're going with seems to be bringing in guys not equipped to defend at NRL level and whatever system we have at the moment is not suitable for NRL level either.

Last edited:
Reminder: it's round 4 and we're 2 and 2 :happy:

Everyone is calling for heads of both players and coaches but has no answer as to who will replace them.

But sure, drop a bunch of players and make the team even less experienced, that'll turn it around.

We faced the perfect storm of injuries, inexperience, disastrous rule changes that are inevitably going to result in blowouts (as an aside: I wonder if this will effect ratings moving forward, I can't see 6 again being around in its current form for too long) and going up against the back to back premiers.

We're clearly rebuilding - we're moving on the deadwood that has been accrued over the 5+ years and it's going to take time, particularly with some of the puzzling contract decisions that have been made in the past.

BTW - Club is operating on a skeleton staff, particularly from a media/membership/comms perspective thanks to the COVID shutdown and are under the pump as it is, so go steady yeah? The Club is aware that the result wasn't good enough, everyone there wants to win. All cancelling your membership does is hurt the Club's ability to do that by stripping revenue. Stick by them ffs.

While I think they should've fronted the media (and it appears Croft eventually did, albeit the day after), I don't have an issue with them going to ground on social media. We hammer them because we think they're more interested in likes and social media attraction, but now we're hammering them cause they've shut up shop? Can't have it both ways.

Btw who was the guy that was being comforted in the sheds?

I too would like to know who that was at the start of the video?

While I think they should've fronted the media (and it appears Croft eventually did, albeit the day after), I don't have an issue with them going to ground on social media. We hammer them because we think they're more interested in likes and social media attraction, but now we're hammering them cause they've shut up shop? Can't have it both ways.

Btw who was the guy that was being comforted in the sheds?
I maybe wrong but I think it's Tesi Niu, whoever it was obviously took the result pretty hard.

Someone spoke to MMM today, said he heard about the lack of media commitments on Friday morning, and it will be addressed, and will never happen again. He apologised to the media.

Croft went to his channel 9 commitments, and Channel 9 decided to cut him slack, and not interview him, so he left.
The way things are with the media these days you could almost assume Channel 9 told him not to worry about it because the headline of nobody fronting up was more compelling for them than anything Croft would be able to add.

Active Now

• Lostboy
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.