The silence is deafening.

Everyone is calling for heads of both players and coaches but has no answer as to who will replace them.

This isn’t true, it’s a sweeping generalisation. Some people are calling for the coach to be sacked, not everyone and those that are, some are offering Hodges or Walters. Others want Boyd replaced by anyone but also Oates, Teo, Arthars. Milford with Dearden. Oates with Coates. It’s not like no options have been given.

Some of those options are pretty laughable at best, though.
Seibold replacing Wayne Bennett and Darius Boyd still having a spot is pretty laughable too, yet they both happened. We don’t get to pick the best options anymore but we have to pick other options because what we have simply isn’t working

So Seibold get’s the sack on Monday, as you want. Who takes over? Serious question.
Ideally Bellemy *In a perfect world* but that seems unlikely so I would go with Wayne. He's off-contract at the end of the year and I think if anyone is going to get these kids to win a comp it's him. Although that seems like a long shot and I doubt while Paul is in charge. Plus any changes made won't do much until him and the board are gone.

Not sure who it was on triple M today but there was some chick on and she was saying that the 59-0 flogging was “good for the game” and “very entertaining” She went on to say that she would rather see a score line like that, rather then a 4-4.
She then went on to say the new six again rule is pushing the game in the right direction, because of recent score lines

They were calling her “Em” so fm who she is.

Last edited:
This isn’t true, it’s a sweeping generalisation. Some people are calling for the coach to be sacked, not everyone and those that are, some are offering Hodges or Walters. Others want Boyd replaced by anyone but also Oates, Teo, Arthars. Milford with Dearden. Oates with Coates. It’s not like no options have been given.

Sure, but those suggestions are just names pulled out of the air with no basis that they'll do a good job or that they'd even want the job. If they have a poor first year are you then scrapping them too?

Side note: People shit on Seibs for his communication to the media, can you imagine if it was Hodges, lol.

And sure, I would love Boyd to be replaced if we have a better option, but who is that? Without Staggs we were already light on in the centres so who are you replacing him with? Another rookie? If the rookie doesn't perform (which is likely given the circumstances) are you cutting them? Are you putting Arthars there in his place next week when Staggs is back? He hasn't exactly set the world on fire.

Your other suggestions are just swapping in players who again, are essentially rookies. Do you think that will stop the lop-sided scorelines or make it worse?

We're 4 weeks in to the season and have played the best two teams in the comp in our two losses (and next week another top 4) with some huge disadvantages to the squad. I'm not saying Seibs is definitely the answer but I'm saying give the bloke a chance. Churning through coaches achieves nothing.

Not sure who it was on triple M today but there was some chick on and she was saying that the 59-0 flogging was “good for the game” and “very entertaining” She went on to say that she would rather see a score line like that, rather then a 4-4.
She then went on to say the new six again rule is pushing the game in the right direction, because of recent score lines

Freedman I’d imagine

I’m not sure just side-stepping the situation will do anything other than what we’ve experienced for the last ten years. It is really bloody tricky now as, like you say, we don’t get to pick the best options.

I just think it’s pure madness to suggest that we go to a coach with less experience than the bloke we have now.
I feel like after two years and a bit we know what Seibold is capable of and it’s simply not good enough. Give him the year of course, but if nothing he has promised comes to fruition then by all means, sidestep. Especially after a year and a half of going backwards.

She is Emma Lawrence, Chris Lawrence’s sister and she’s a flog.

The shit he served up at the Rabbitohs counts too. It’s what some of us based our opinions on before he was signed. They got by on the individual brilliance of players like Inglis, Cook, Reynolds and Burgess, not the game plans and set plays created by the coach.

Last edited:
The shit he served up at the Rabbitohs counts too. It’s what some of us based our opinions on before he was signed. They got by on the individual brilliance of players like Inglis, Cook, Reynolds and Burgess, not the game plans and set plays created by the coach.

The "shit" he served up won him coach of the year and the team to within a game of the Grand Final.

By your logic if he wasn't responsible for that then he's not responsible for what the team is doing out on the field right now? You can't have it both ways.

The "shit" he served up won him coach of the year and the team to within a game of the Grand Final.

By your logic if he wasn't responsible for that then he's not responsible for what the team is doing out on the field right now? You can't have it both ways.
No, his lack of game plans and terrible bench use was well known among Rabbitohs fans before he signed. It’s only been exacerbated during his time at the Broncos. Let’s not use Dally M awards as proof of ability. He sure as hell wasn’t responsible for us winning games off sheer individual brilliance last year and this year. Pass it to Inglis or having the Burgii take out the markers so Cook could run just turned into pass it to Haas and Fifita and see what happens.

On top of this, one team would regularly play well using individual brilliance and the other can’t because said individual brilliance doesn’t occur as often.

Have you seen the retard with the Bronco car?

Have had a ride in his cab before, as have several friends and we all say the same thing. We will never forget it.

That said, at this stage I'd give him his shot.

Sure, but those suggestions are just names pulled out of the air with no basis that they'll do a good job or that they'd even want the job. If they have a poor first year are you then scrapping them too?

Side note: People shit on Seibs for his communication to the media, can you imagine if it was Hodges, lol.

And sure, I would love Boyd to be replaced if we have a better option, but who is that? Without Staggs we were already light on in the centres so who are you replacing him with? Another rookie? If the rookie doesn't perform (which is likely given the circumstances) are you cutting them? Are you putting Arthars there in his place next week when Staggs is back? He hasn't exactly set the world on fire.

Your other suggestions are just swapping in players who again, are essentially rookies. Do you think that will stop the lop-sided scorelines or make it worse?

We're 4 weeks in to the season and have played the best two teams in the comp in our two losses (and next week another top 4) with some huge disadvantages to the squad. I'm not saying Seibs is definitely the answer but I'm saying give the bloke a chance. Churning through coaches achieves nothing.

Just so we are clear, I'm not one of the 'everyone' calling for Siebs to be sacked, so clearly, not everyone is calling for it. Five or ten supporters are but it certainly isn't everyone. I think most fans want answers though and to see structure and dedication from the team, that is not too much to ask.

And sorry but I don't think replacing Boyd with ANYONE is that bad of a call, no one could do a worse job, let's be honest here, he offers nothing and he sets a horrible example as he gives up on plays regularly and even if he doesn't, he certainly gives off that impression. He HAS to be replaced. He is stuffing up most plays and is assisting in nullifying Oates.

As for Milford, I am in the group that want him dropped. I want him to do well, every supporter does but he needs a rocket. Dearden is a decent back up half. If Milf gets dropped, at least it sends a message no one is above the team and shows that he just isn't cutting it, which he isn't. I don't know if one or three weeks are needed but hey, if Dearden does well, how is that a bad thing?

Oates needs to be swapped into the backrow to see if he has a future at the club because right now, he isn't making huge amounts of metres and he isn't scoring tries or stopping them. Maybe Coates / Farnworth / Isaako will do better, maybe they won't.

Whoever the assistant is until a hard ass coach becomes available.

i suppose we could always go with Dean Pay or Mary McGregor ... one of them will be unemployed this time on Monday

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.